Irish Wagon's Cont'd

I was told a something a few years back that I have no reason to disbelieve, the source being very reliable.

McBurney Bros came off the ferry at Stranraer went down to tip at Temco at Yaxley, across to Petfoods at Melton Mowbray to load and caught the last ferry from Stranraer back to bogtrotter land the same night. :open_mouth:

I guess its do-able if you have the hammer down and it was pre-limiter days, not that McB’s are likely to let limiters bother them. :unamused:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Back in the Mid 80’s when I was doing part time fridge work met a lady driver for one of the Irish firms (Murphy International?) - she had come from home in France near Paris loaded two pickups in UK then to us in North Yorkshire to top up and then tip at their home depot in Ireland in one run. She came in via Dover and then to Stranaer.

and there was always that sorry of the fridges with 20 ton of hanging beef and also 20 ton of steel on board… throwing it down the m6 at 75 and sitting in the cafe for 2 hrs chatting then back up to 75mph again there will be some paddys on here to enlighten us.

The tale of 20 tons of steel on the floor has been around for years,everyone in Ireland knows whats on the floor of a fridge doesn’n count!!
regards derek

jessicas dad:
and there was always that sorry of the fridges with 20 ton of hanging beef and also 20 ton of steel on board… throwing it down the m6 at 75 and sitting in the cafe for 2 hrs chatting then back up to 75mph again there will be some paddys on here to enlighten us.

:open_mouth: sitting in a cafe for 2hrs i dont think so m8 we have plenty of work to do

so what, up to the driver aint it !!if he wants to fly around, as 56 mph is a pain

i’ve worked for irish firms for the last 6 years now and personally i wouldn’t work for another english haulier again due to the stupidity of the vast majority of them in regards to the bull that goes with it. the moral in ireland is they’re in it for the money,the same as me.and at the end of the day nobody is holding a gun to my head.the difference is the company we pull for now(uk based) their drivers are on about £100 a week less than me just because i might do the odd push.but hey whatever floats ya boat

Got fed up with the Poles, so you thought you’d all have a pop at the Irish lads :laughing::mrgreen:?

Liberace:
Got fed up with the Poles, so you thought you’d all have a pop at the Irish lads :laughing::mrgreen:?

LMAO!

Liberace:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: the jocks next then the welsh anything but the english :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jessicas dad:

Liberace:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: the jocks next then the welsh anything but the english :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Spicks, Wops, Krauts, Then Essex Man, Brummies, Geordies, Anyone that subscribes to their working methods is fair game in my humble opinion, just a personal view don’t ask anyone to agree with it!

:blush: :unamused: :wink: