Compensation claims

alcraw62:
I had an accident at work about a month ago, where I slipped on a permanent ladder [leading up to a loading bay], and fell chest first onto a concrete ledge. Did myself a nasty rib injury which still has not cleared up, and has forced me to be off sick [unpaid] for 3 of the last 4 weeks, and it looks like I will be off for at least one more week.
I have been advised by my employer to sue the owner of the loading bay for compensation [lost wages, injury etc.]. Does anyone have any experience of similar claims who can point me in the right direction?
I have always believed that these “no win, no fee” companies are a bunch of chancers who seek to line their own pockets, so can anyone recommend a decent company who might actually pass on some of the claim to me?
I live in the west of Scotland area.
Thanks.
Al.

:confused: Hmmm…Information probably not of much use to you. But with the tiresome task of a compensation claim, you really need all the help you can get!

I was also lead to believe employer pays you SSP and claims it back.

Lorry roll over-July 04. Compensation claim still pending. Still getting grief from whiplash injury (now made worse by a car accident wed :open_mouth: ) and stiff hand from a broken bone. I sought and got good advice from the guys and girls of this site! Including the same advice to stretch it out. :wink: Not one solicitor is going to tell you that. :sunglasses:

I was entitled to SSP by my then employer=agency. But fortunately for me the agency decided to pay me for the duration of my 8 wks off, the same pay. As if i was still working. Which was brilliant. They just asked me to keep quiet about it. Since it is not company policy. Obviously i am to reimberse them. (If they can catch me first! :smiling_imp: Mugs! :smiling_imp: Ok ok… Didn’t mean it. :imp: )

I don’t envy your situation. And i hope your financial situation is sorted out soon. It’s bad enough suffering physical discomfort, without the added grief of a mental torment! If it is not sorted out soon, you’ll be wishing you’d fallen head 1st onto the concrete ledge :exclamation:

:smiley: Good luck ■■■ :smiley:
P.s I never went to a specified “No win. No fee.” type solicitor because i don’t like that catchphrase anymore.:cry: :cry: (My solicitor quoted me the precentage she was going to be taking, but i can’t for the life of me remember it now. Oops! :blush: )

“Nice to see you! To see you…nice!” by Brucee. Now, a catchphrase like that, would have got me through the door!:stuck_out_tongue: