LORRY FIRE

right first off this post isn’t aimed at anyone.

you lorry goes up in smoke and its not your fault, how much is your gear worth and would your gaffer cough up on the insurance on it :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

right in my truck I have…

tom tom £300

laptop £300

kindle fire £150

ipod £150

inverter £50

maps £30

bedding £60

memory foam raskelf mattress £80

cooker and gas £30

food £20

coolbox £40

clothes £150

money £300

phones £400

cleaning gear £50

dash table £50

I think that’s about £1500 and a lot to lose, it all adds up.

Go on, thats all in the boot of your car really…aint it :wink: :wink:
:laughing:

Seriously, I reckon my boss would pay, he asks us last minute to do nights out and expects us to keep a certain amount of gear in the truck, he is a goodn really but dont tell him :laughing:

i had a 3cx stolen back in march 2011 lost around 500 quids worth of my own tools etc ,never saw a penny :frowning:

jessicas dad:

you lorry goes up in smoke and its not your fault, how much is your gear worth and would your gaffer cough up on the insurance on it :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

tom tom £300

laptop £300

kindle fire £150

ipod £150

inverter £50

maps £30

bedding £60

cooker and gas £30

food £20

coolbox £40

clothes £150

money £300

phones £400

cleaning gear £50

dash table £50

Are you sure you are 100% correct with these figures? I only ask as studying your lifestyle and physique i reckon the £20 worth of food may be an underestimate?

:laughing: :laughing:

my ex boss wouldnt cough up that i know for sure and i’m certain the next person that employees me will be the same

jessicas dad:

tom tom £300

laptop £300

kindle fire £150

ipod £150

inverter £50

maps £30

bedding £60

cooker and gas £30

food £20

coolbox £40

clothes £150

money £300

phones £400

cleaning gear £50

dash table £50

He might blame your kit for causing the fire…Then claim off you. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Mike-C:

jessicas dad:

tom tom £300

laptop £300

kindle fire £150

ipod £150

inverter £50

maps £30

bedding £60

cooker and gas £30

food £20

coolbox £40

clothes £150

money £300

phones £400

cleaning gear £50

dash table £50

Are you sure you are 100% correct with these figures? I only ask as studying your lifestyle and physique i reckon the £20 worth of food may be an underestimate?

:laughing: :laughing:

He must be on about his retuen leg to the UK.

cooker and gas £30

Boom :laughing:

I tell everyone in the yard that there’s £2500 in CASH stuffed behind the seat before I set fire to my trucks :smiley:

jessicas dad:
right first off this post isn’t aimed at anyone.Well maybe WWW.

tom tom £300

laptop £300

kindle fire £150

ipod £150

inverter £50

maps £30

bedding £60

cooker and gas £30

food £20

coolbox £40

clothes £150

money £300

phones £400

cleaning gear £50

dash table £50

Fixed it for you.

Chas:
I tell everyone in the yard that there’s £2500 in CASH stuffed behind the seat before I set fire to my trucks :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had never considered this. Now I’m thinking what jank I can take out

I got accused of having a blow up doll in the cab today by my boss, …how much do they cost? (for the insurance obviously :blush: )

jessicas dad:

tom tom £300

laptop £300

kindle fire £150

ipod £150

inverter £50

maps £30

bedding £60

cooker and gas £30

food £20

coolbox £40

clothes £150

money £300

phones £400

cleaning gear £50

dash table £50

ah yeah… I’ve got all that stuff in my lorry too… And the money behind the seat… :wink:

Do you really need all that cash on board? Can’t you carry a bank card instead?

Top tip, the boss will pay sod all towards it. This is transport, they dont care

If you do it right - your house contents insurance should cover most of it.

Phone, keys, wallet, lap top. Boom im out. Trailer dropped as well.

We were expressly informed that the insurance would not cover our personal gear when I worked at CFT. It was our responsibility to insure that and not the company’s. Which I think is fair enough, to be honest.

Although personal possessions may be covered on the companies insurance it’s unlikely most gaffers would allow you to claim for personal possessions
Only a few insurers (home contents) will cover your kit whilst out on the road, most wont pay out if something gets nicked whilst the vehicle is unattended (inc refuelling, or on the kahzi) or if you are involved in an accident and some of your gear is damaged ,
But there are some that will cover your kit regardless of if you leave the vehilce unattended or not,or if involved in an RTC I looked into it some time ago, In theory it should cover you in the event of a fire too, and maybe even accidental damage?