Job hunting with a difference

I am looking for lorry work while the car deliveries are quiet.

Not quite as easy as it sounds… Let me explain.

A year ago I split from my ex and it was not the nicest of splits. I have full custody of my 3 year old daughter.

This of course makes job hunting in the transport industry very difficult. Most employers will argue the H&S aspect or they throw the Non Employed Passenger insurance clause at me.

I’ve been lucky and done some trailer swaps and odd bits for people but it’s not enough to live on.

The other thing of course is that a lot of delivery / collection sites have a restriction on <18 persons on site.

So all I’m asking is whether anyone is in the know of anywhere that will take me on with my daughter in tow that pays half decent money.

Picture of her on our trip up north of the border last weekend to do a trailer swap further down thread to accommodate those with aching necks :slight_smile:

Bless her, Love the High Viz. Good luck in the hunt, I cannot help personally being 6000 miles away unfortunately, but hold thumbs for you as they say down here .

JLS Driver SOS:
Bless her, Love the High Viz.

+1…:slight_smile:

Hope to god you get sorted mate …you have my upmost respect cant be easy .

bossman:

+1

Thanks peeps. :slight_smile:

ZippyUK:

bossman:

+1

+2

Good luck, are the pink trainers steel toe capped? Where about are you looking for work?

Good luck mate… I was that kid, all be it back in the 90s so a bit more relaxed but I’m sure it can still be done now.

Rob Mac:

ZippyUK:

bossman:

+1

+2

Good luck, are the pink trainers steel toe capped? Where about are you looking for work?

Not steel toe cap. But the employer said hi viz would be enough.

Honestly I will try anywhere for work. I’m currently in Bristol but relocation is not a problem.

What a nice picture.She is going to be a heart breaker.Does she have Adr and Dcpc.? :slight_smile:

Sorry, can’t help directly, very best wishes for you and your daughter. She’s lovely and you’re a great Dad.

Sorry I can’t help either but as with the others good luck and hope something good comes your way

Good luck with your search mate,she is a credit to you maybe there is some
info here to help.

gingerbread.org.uk/content/323/Training#

Good luck with the job search mucker . Used to take my two tramping when they weren’t much bigger. Never done either of them any harm and they enjoyed seeing new places and at the old style truck stops they got homemade food to boot.

Thanks people. I’m already involved with Gingerbread. I am Home Schooling and they are helping support my rights to the Local Authority as well as helping me with keeping the ex off my back.

She loves being out with me and is so happy when we are out on the road. I just need someone that’ll see past the red tape and give me a job.

Check you out being the best daddy you can be. That’s great honestly brilliant. Best of luck with finding some work geez

Mr Dar, I take my hat off to you young man, that bonny little girl gonna be so proud of her old man when she grows up, sorry I am unable to offer any suggestions but wish you the very best of luck in your search

toby1234abc:
What a nice picture.She is going to be a heart breaker.Does she have Adr and Dcpc.? :slight_smile:

She gets her baby blue eyes from me. Yes she is a little cutie.

She’s studying for ADR as her gases are toxic :slight_smile:

Fully DCPC compliant too :slight_smile:. She tells me when we should have a break for food :slight_smile:

Thanks guys. The support is fantastic.

I won’t lie, it’s hard at times. But she’s worth it :slight_smile: