tippers

any muck away lads on here

I’m thinking muckaway does it occasionally. I di a bit now and then

Tipper Tom:

Yep even split between that and recycled aggregate, includes washed muck that makes sand and gravel. I’d love to know why sites want topsoil in the winter though.

Muckaway:

Tipper Tom:

Yep even split between that and recycled aggregate, includes washed muck that makes sand and gravel. I’d love to know why sites want topsoil in the winter though.

Funny you say that I was thinking the same thing the other day

Tipper Tom:

Muckaway:

Tipper Tom:

Funny you say that I was thinking the same thing the other day

Been doing a school job in Gloucester and one in Aylesbury. I reckon it’s because new school builds are handed over ready for September or January, hence when the weather turns.
Another thing I’ve noticed, private house builders always start at the front (to show the houses off?) and work to back where there’s no room.

Tipper Tom and tippertom on the same thread? Won’t this create a black hole or something?

Muck away lad here, also do the odd occasional delivery of stone & recycled Aggs. What can I help you with?

Contraflow:
Tipper Tom and tippertom on the same thread? Won’t this create a black hole or something?

Only if you draw attention to it

Waiting to do some muckshifting from one of the Oxford Colleges. Time for coffee and fanny spotting.
:smiley:

Was tipping on a site once,when a really fit looking young lady walked passed gate,while I was watching her I knocked the bloody tailboard off(bulker body) boss man was not happy when I rang him, I tried to blame her. Didn’t work,he still moaned at me.

Muckaway:
Waiting to do some muckshifting from one of the Oxford Colleges. Time for coffee and fanny spotting.
:smiley:

At Leeds Uni today, I love it when we get jobs at Universities/Colleges especially in summer with the girls wearing next to nothing. Makes the job abit easier :slight_smile:

Just out of intrest are any of you guys on a load bonus any how much? Reason I ask is after another cyclist was killed in the city on Tuesday by a tipper, I was reading comments on a news page and they want Borris to ban the “Load Bonus” to stop these lorry tearing around.

Its ilegal to pay a driver on any scheeme that could encourage them to speed drive dangerously etc already i believe.
Most tipper firms i know of just pay a day rate.

kr79:
Its ilegal to pay a driver on any scheeme that could encourage them to speed drive dangerously etc already i believe.
Most tipper firms i know of just pay a day rate.

The only load bonus I get on muckaway is if I do my 12 before 3 o clock I get to park up until 430 to load the last one

Mullens:
Just out of intrest are any of you guys on a load bonus any how much? Reason I ask is after another cyclist was killed in the city on Tuesday by a tipper, I was reading comments on a news page and they want Borris to ban the “Load Bonus” to stop these lorry tearing around.

We get bonuses, a fuel one and a standard bonus. To my knowledge it’s not a load bonus (haven’t had anything in writing to explain how it works) but a production bonus.
I used to get paid load bonus on Smiths, each load was scored like most lcals were 0.5 or 0.6. You had to do more than 4.0 to earn any bonus though.

Load bonus is a big no no,percentage of earnings much the same,if involved in a fatal RTA and it came out in court the driver was on bonus it would mean a long stay in the “big house” for all concerned,btw Tipper Tom if I could get in 12 loads of muckaway a day I’d have the big house in Virgina Water ( or Alderley Edge if up north ) and his & hers Range Rovers plus a Bugatti or Ferrari for the weekends

used to get 3 pound a load after 5 loads that was a long
time ago more often then not overloaded also .
waggon flat out all day coldnt do it now

splitshift:
Load bonus is a big no no,percentage of earnings much the same,if involved in a fatal RTA and it came out in court the driver was on bonus it would mean a long stay in the “big house” for all concerned,btw Tipper Tom if I could get in 12 loads of muckaway a day I’d have the big house in Virgina Water ( or Alderley Edge if up north ) and his & hers Range Rovers plus a Bugatti or Ferrari for the weekends

We regularly have 4 or 5 8 wheelers on muckaway. They’ll all do 13 loads of muck a day. It’s a 20 minute turn around plus loading. So tbh it’s a doddle.

are they tipping round the corner

Ahh OK! in my part of the world it’s around a 2 hour turnround plus dodging VOSA :wink: