Hastings Lorry Park

I have been staying there for the last 3 weeks on a thursday night.
Has anyone else stayed they and have you payed for parking?

Is that the one on the corner just as you come into hastings from ashford, beside the amusements. I have stopped there a few times and never paid, although it’s about 2 months since I was last there.

yeah thats the one.

Was there last week and all the other drivers there paid.But i have never paid,some of the drivers said that as it is getting near the holiday season they are a bit stricter,but the traffic warden always walks straight passed.

In theory you should pay, and by rights as an Hastings ratepayer I must insist in future that you do :open_mouth: :wink:
But, dont worry, I dont really care that much, and anyone that can get one over on those revenue collecting erks in uniforms has my 100% support! Those wardens are only really after the car drivers, as I have found to my cost.
A warning though, that lorry park is planned to close in the not too distant future, a seafront plot like that is far too valuable to have wagons parking on it spoiling the appearance of the Hastings Old Town. Originally there were no plans for alternative parking but that might be changing since a few local lads had a go at the council, problem is the alternative might be a bit of spare ground on one of the industrial estates miles away from the seafront and with no services whatsoever!!

I agree with Martin and pay up. I live 5 mins drive from there in St Leonards and although I have never had to use it I would pay just to keep out of trouble. It just saves any unneccessary aggro with the local council.

Smudger

If it is one of the few council run car parks than I would suggest paying too, I hate paying for truck parks but a couple of quid in a town centre is ok.

We used to use the park in Stamford and it was only a quid, then after trying to make drivers pay with wardens it was closed. Grantham was the same and I have just read that Totton is now closed.

for 2 quid its worth paying

parked there on the odd occasion and in the summer wardens do come around and check tickets after about 7 at night when the coaches have gone.

don’t know about winter to much of a pansy to night out on cold nights :smiley: :blush: :wink:
jon