R.I.P. Driver

expressandstar.com/news/emer … -accident/
Thoughts are with the family and friends of the driver killed today.

'kin 'ell, how do you get crushed by a metal shutter■■?

Scary thought :open_mouth:

RIP and condolences to his family. 34 is no age :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

waynedl:

Never mind the investigation by the local council and Home Bargains. I want TNUK CIS to look into this now! :exclamation: :exclamation:

just had a safety alert about roller shutters at work,
apparently they can jam and then jump off there top runners and fall off. on to any one below!

sad news that a driver has passed on

my thoughts in to his family

Delivered to this store on nights many times myself in the past , there is no shutter on the shop door only the external shutter to get into the loading bays which is operated by a key fob from inside the cab , i think it may have been a cage thats come over. just highlights the vulnerability of lone night workers on this type of work.

rip driver :cry:

alder:

waynedl:

Never mind the investigation by the local council and Home Bargains. I want TNUK CIS to look into this now! :exclamation: :exclamation:

Grow up knob!!

+1

RIP, condolences to family and friends.

bobbya:

alder:

waynedl:

Grow up knob!!

Second word is OFF mate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

alder:

bobbya:

alder:

waynedl:

Grow up knob!!

Second word is OFF mate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So what is the first word knob,no sign of any respect then!

The trouble with local authority investigations and the firm responsible (Home Bargains) is that they always come down on the side of the business and are biased. The council will say that the business was not to blame and it was a simple accident because their priority is local jobs and business rates etc. Of course Home Bargains is biased as they don’t want a personal injury claim against them. So this should be investigated properly by HSE etc. That is what I think anyway. I hope the driver, who cannot give his side of it, is not blamed for the event. If these roller shutters come off and crush people then the design is wrong.

It will be interesting to see what Dudley Councils investigation concludes.

It is looking like he has got caught in the tail lift or the tail lift has hit him, which is what we were told at work yesterday but that is all they would tell us for now.

Roy, Home Bargains driver

Caught in the tail lift? How the hell does that happen?

alder:
Caught in the tail lift? How the hell does that happen?

there was a fella killed at allied bakeries when a tail lift hit him a few years ago.

i’m not certain, but think it was a column type that folds up vertical, there’s a fair bit of weight in them and if it came down unexpectedly and you were stood in the wrong place at the wrong time…

R.I.P. drive

I’ve always thought those Ratcliff vertical type tail lifts were bad news, certainly no good on your back. Nowadays I think you can get them powered so no need to manually lower or push them back upright for stowage, I think the one I saw in action was manufactured by Dhollandia, not sure…

I have used both types and they are all heavy. The vertical ones are monsters but I thought they are all hydraulic and can’t fall on you?

I wish people on here would either say nothing or pass on their condolences.A young man someones son possibly a husband and father wont be coming home again.There should not be lone workers using machinery there is a risk of accident or violence towards them.

alamcculloch:
I wish people on here would either say nothing or pass on their condolences.A young man someones son possibly a husband and father wont be coming home again.There should not be lone workers using machinery there is a risk of accident or violence towards them.

I see so what you are saying is “shut up” and stop posting on a public forum? I think it is just as important to discuss the machinery and health and safety aspects so that others may learn from this unfortunate accident. :unamused:

The relatives of the deceased might wonder why there are smiley faces being posted while this subject is being discussed.I find them to be inappropriate.