Farmers

Why do farmers always put the gate in the muddiest part of the field ?

Because it’s not the muddiest part until it’s had several trucks / tractors running through it…? :open_mouth:

Because if they put it in the muddiest part they can then get subsidies for drainage work for the whole field :laughing:

Reminds me of the standard farmer’s remark, “It’s hard underneath, driver”.
Ranks with, “We’ve had bigger lorries than that in here”.

My usual reply to a driver who says they can’t get in here is ’ Let me show you how its done then!!!’

definition of a farmer is a man outstanding in his field

hanson:
definition of a farmer is a man outstanding in his field

thehairyarsedtrucker:

It’s an EU directive.

Why do they pull out infront of you when you’re the only thing on the road?

Muckaway:
Why do they pull out infront of you when you’re the only thing on the road?

probably the same reason all the other road users have who do it too :wink:

Because cattle congregate at gate ways for milking, feeding etd and they “poach” the gateway. But it baffles me why a farmer who can afford to spend !00 grand on a tractor cant afford to spend 15 quid on gate furniture and they’d rather use string

Also, Why is it that nearly all of this country`s major battles were fought on land owned by English Heritage?

cheekymonkey:
Also, Why is it that nearly all of this country`s major battles were fought on land owned by English Heritage?

The most famous battle was the Battle of Hastings, English Heritage own that land, they must have won :open_mouth: :laughing:

The National Trust must have been in a few battles too…

It’s harvest time on the A19.

Why do some cars slow down to 15mph just to overtake a farm tractor ?

Bale Bandit:
Because cattle congregate at gate ways for milking, feeding etd and they “poach” the gateway. But it baffles me why a farmer who can afford to spend !00 grand on a tractor cant afford to spend 15 quid on gate furniture and they’d rather use string

Now that was funny :laughing:

redbob:

Bale Bandit:

Or buy a couple of loads of stone to tip in the gateways to stop them getting chewed up.

Dave the Renegade:

redbob:

Bale Bandit:

Or buy a couple of loads of stone to tip in the gateways to stop them getting chewed up.

We’ve GIVEN one of our locals 2 loads of planings to sort out a gate we tip through, he used it on his f…ing driveway

When I first read this I was thinking “Farmers”=“Farmer Giles” (piles) but they won’t pay for planings “too much money boy!” free tip for ■■■■■■■■,then moan “them lumps was too big” don’t yer just love em :exclamation:

thehairyarsedtrucker:

Because they are thick.

altitude:

thehairyarsedtrucker:

Because they are thick.

Not thick! them and money are the best of friends,very seldom parted :laughing: :laughing: