Renault premium auto box

I’m currently sat outside Thompsons(Renault) at Borobridge, reason being wagon is giving me all sorts of error messages re autobox.
Reduced auto function is one I’m used to getting but ‘Workshop stop auto box’ and 'turn ignition off 'I’venot had before.
Any other Premium sufferers out there had this before ?
Thers a man in my cab with a laptop now !!!
Jim

JFC999:
I’m currently sat outside Thompsons(Renault) at Borobridge, reason being wagon is giving me all sorts of error messages re autobox.
Reduced auto function is one I’m used to getting but ‘Workshop stop auto box’ and 'turn ignition off 'I’venot had before.
Jim

Yes. Get them quite regularly but everything still works as it should. It never seems to store the faults in its memory so the Ryder fitters can’t tell exactly what the warning is for. Been told to just ignore them now.

PS. If I had read your post properly the first time, I’d have said I get the Reduced GB functions warning regularly but not the 2nd warning you mention.:unamused:

Turn off ignition. Lock the doors. Leave 30 seconds.

Then start truck again.

Should have cleared. The door locking apparently “finalises” the error system. Maybe ■■■■■■■■ but always works for me with identical faults.

Ps that was advice over the phone from a Renault dealer.

The reduced function on the gear box usually clears itself ‘up the road a bit’

The workshop stop and turn off ignition is usually a result the air bag system. Not had it for gear box before…

The standard procedure is to turn off ignition, remove key and press the lock button twice to shut everything down, wait a while (20 -30 seconds) then press the unlock, insert the key and try again.

For the air bags, which is usually a result of putting on a heavy load, do the key trick as above then, with the engine running, pump the airbags fully up, then fully down and then fully up again. Then press the reset (right hand) button to let it settle back to where it should be. You may need to release the handbrake before all lights go out.

You must remember it’s French so all logic goes out of the window. Normally when a sensor lights up it’s due to a fault in the sensor.

damoq:

JFC999:
Jim

Yes. Get them quite regularly but everything still works as it should. It never seems to store the faults in its memory so the Ryder fitters can’t tell exactly what the warning is for. Been told to just ignore them now.

PS. If I had read your post properly the first time, I’d have said I get the Reduced GB functions warning regularly but not the 2nd warning you mention.:unamused:

It dates and times the defects with first occurrence and last - Most of the time as its not active people can’t be bothered to look into the defect and just wipe its memory clean.

Steve

kjw21:

Then start truck again.

Should have cleared. The door locking apparently “finalises” the error system. Maybe ■■■■■■■■ but always works for me with identical faults.

I always press the lock button twice (to deadlock it ), the rest of the above applies :wink:

There’s a post in the OD’s forum somewhere that explains it properly

Denis F:

kjw21:

Then start truck again.

I always press the lock button twice (to deadlock it ), the rest of the above applies :wink:

There’s a post in the OD’s forum somewhere that explains it properly

This only applies if you have an electronic battery master switch - first press locks the doors - second press (accompanied by a clunking sound) disconnects the master switch.
If you have a manual master switch then switching that off will do the same.

Steve

neversweat1:
This only applies if you have an electronic battery master switch - first press locks the doors - second press (accompanied by a clunking sound) disconnects the master switch.

Steve

I’ve no idea if its a electronic master switch, but when I press it twice everything goes off ( radio lights etc) . It does sound a bit like it could be :wink:

Denis F:

neversweat1:

Steve

I’ve no idea if its a electronic master switch, but when I press it twice everything goes off ( radio lights etc) . It does sound a bit like it could be :wink:

That’s definitely one Denis :smiley: - Not all have them though that’s the thing.

Steve

Thanks to you all for replies, would have got back to you all earlier but got busy.
I’m used to most of the error msgs especially " reduced GB function" but the “turn ignition off” which I’ve never seen before worried me and as I wasn’t far from dealers I took it in . Fitter plugged in and said it was just the computer catching up on itself, all sorted in minutes.
I’ve done the turn off and on again routine for awhile especially for " trailer ABS" but not tried the lock doors twice so thanks for that.
Now we can all look forward to a trouble free relationship with the French bint we go down on ( the road ) with !
Thanks again
Jim