Convoy on the m1 last night

Ive been hgv driving 22years ,last night on the m1south i seen the strangest conoy.armoured police and army 4x4s 2 army artics wierd configuration police front and back 2 ambulance and a fire engine.what as on them trucks no haz plates■■?

Nuclear stuff usually.

Nuclear weapons… no ■■■■ mate! as there weapons and its the armed forces they are exempt from showing orange squares!

not a regular sight, but likewise not unusual! I saw one last year!

nukewatch.org.uk/

HTH

B…

Bloody Hell !
What would the Fire Brigade do if one of 'em ‘Went Off’ without Orange Plates & Trem Cards.
I hope they were all wearing the appropriate PPE, especially Yellow Fluorescent Hi Viz Vests ?

Saw one a few years ago on the M25 heading clockwise around j22. Wondered what they were carrying.

martinviking:
Bloody Hell !
What would the Fire Brigade do if one of 'em ‘Went Off’ without Orange Plates & Trem Cards.

Probably not a right lot, given they would be nothing but dust within a few seconds of it “going off”… :laughing:

martinviking:
I hope they were all wearing the appropriate PPE, especially Yellow Fluorescent Hi Viz Vests ?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

B…

martinviking:
Bloody Hell !

:laughing:

What time did you see this Chelsearich? I was e/b on the M4 Friday morning and spotted a similar convoy making its way round the lanes from ROF/AWE Burghfield…this was at 05:03

It was about 1am in the morning near east mds airport

If the prime movers were green, they carry either the missle or the warhead, never both, so no danger of a chain reaction.

If the prime mover was blue, and was an old foden, then you have the plutonium Being moved.

How big are these warheads?
i was looking at a replica nuclear warhead a couple of years ago and assumed that it was a replica at original size and that would have fit comfortably in the back of a transit van.
So why the need for large trucks etc?
Ok, I can see that the missile would be large, but surely you would be able to tell if the convoy was carrying missiles by the length of the trailers etc.
Perhaps being a bit thick here as I have no genuine kowledge of what a nuclear weapon actually looks like except as mentioned above.

Stay Calm.

They know what they are doing.

Your country is defending you and your loved ones.

martinviking:
Bloody Hell !

A decent hard hat and some DeWalt work boots and you’d be fine :grimacing:

Luckily you can’t accidentally set off a nuclear weapon. Planes have crashed in the past while carrying them and they didn’t go off.

del949:
How big are these warheads?
i was looking at a replica nuclear warhead a couple of years ago and assumed that it was a replica at original size and that would have fit comfortably in the back of a transit van.
So why the need for large trucks etc?
Ok, I can see that the missile would be large, but surely you would be able to tell if the convoy was carrying missiles by the length of the trailers etc.
Perhaps being a bit thick here as I have no genuine kowledge of what a nuclear weapon actually looks like except as mentioned above.

Mountings, and protection, they don’t move these things in cargo crates.

The systems been refined so much you could fit 1 of the warheads in your boot.

they were northbound on the M74 earlier in the week, going up to Faslane.
mini buses full of armed personnel following… and probably a plain wrapper or two that we don’t see…

Trukkertone:
they were northbound on the M74 earlier in the week, going up to Faslane.
mini buses full of armed personnel following… and probably a plain wrapper or two that we don’t see…

yeah the plane wrappers (2) were a couple miles in front and behind and an ugly in the air keeping watch

I live down the road from Aldermarston, and they a very regular site around here.

That must be a frightening sight for anyone to see for the first time! I know I would feel slightly panicked!

Did ■■■■■■ for this type of convoy many years ago when serving in Royal Marines. Theory of 8 legged units
is that they have enough wheels on ground to carry on to a secure stop in event of puncture or blowout.
Would not advise going near them, instructions were not to ask questions just take appropriate action.

Presents for President Assad?