Driving hours/WTD

Buckweed17:
Hi, I’m new too all of this and this is probably going to sound like a stupid question.
How many hours all together can you work driving and wtd in one day. I know you can work 9hours driving and can be extended to 10hours over 2 days.

You can do a maximum duty time (the time between starting and finishing) including all breaks and driving and other work and POA of 13hrs a day which can be extended to 15hrs a day three times a week. This is because you have to have a daily rest period of at least 11hrs in a 24hr period which can be reduced to 9hrs three times a week… 24hrs-11hrs rest=13hrs duty time, 24hrs-hrs daily rest9=15hrs duty time. DO NOT MAKE THE COMMON MISTAKE OF THINKING YOU CAN DO MORE THAN 13HRS A DAY MORE THAN THREE TIMES A WEEK BECAUSE YOU’VE TAKEN 11HRS OFF. There are far too many drivers, even those who’ve been doing it decades, who wrongly believe that as long as you have 11hrs off when doing more than 13 then it’s not a reduced daily rest. If you are on duty just one minute over 13hrs it’s counted as a reduced daily rest. If the time you’ve been at work plus 11hrs daily rest is more than 24 then it’s counted as reduced daily rest.

There is one exception to this rule which is split daily rest where it’s possible to do 15hrs duty time every day if you have a 3hr period on break during the working day but to keep things simple for now just use what I posted above.