More Burden for the UK Taxpayer

colinaki:

Franglais:

biggriffin:
Can’t see a door lock anywhere.

I can only see one piccie: that shows a frigo with the doors open so any locking bar would have been removed.

Looking at the pic, and making a few guesses and assumptions (this is TNUK after all) those lying on the verge will be nursing hangovers…?

Howd they get in? As Albion says there are some clever people out there making money from trafficking, just because they are crims doesnt make them thick or cack-handed. The poorer ones get under the chassis or through a tilt roof. Even poor ones get a loan against future earnings don`t they?

sammym:
Disgusting that the onus is being placed on the operator (and in reality the driver) to secure our borders.

The operator/driver is expected to take reasonable care and precautions etc but ISNT expected to be a paramilitary border force. The French ports (those I visit) are well protected with fences, private security and Gendarmes. The French sometimes put army personnel on the ground too. How much of the latter is intended as terrorist prevention I dont know? Doesnt matter as effective against both terror and clandestines. Any driver arriving going to a port who suspects they have a stowaway should tell security straight away, let them deal with it. From my experience all dry trailers are opened at port entry and inspected, any found here are NOT the drivers problem, so long as the trl has some sort of security such as a padlock and TIR cord. OK, that wont stop a determined immigrant, but its following the guidelines and ticking the boxes. No problem for the driver, except maybe ten minutes form filling? No need to be a hero and hook em out yourself.
Want diesel or shopping? Dont stop at area nearest the port on the way in! Ive seen em on the canopies of service stations looking for a soft roof to get in. Determined ones will get in, yes, but dont make it easy for `em!
Sorry, rant over.

CS gas in the back shut door and wait 5 minuets then they come out by their selfs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which as we know is readily available in a lot of service stations in the forigen, for €10. I would only buy it for personal protection.