Waltham Abbey truckstop... Robbing barstewards

Harry Monk:

Rob K:

Harry Monk:

Rob K:
LOL.

Parked overnight in an open access truckstop with pallets of gin on a curtain-sider? Nope, didn’t see that one coming :unamused: . No sympathy for thick [zb]s like that.

And where do you know around that area which would be immune from such a theft? The irony is that a quiet industrial estate would be far less risky, but if such an event did happen there then the insurance company wouldn’t pay out. The £30 fee for parking is a guarantee that they will.

There is no irony at all because no haulier with an ounce of intelligence would send out a load of booze on a curtain-sider that couldn’t be delivered the same day. If there was no way to do it within the day then they would ensure that they had secure parking arranged in a locked compound or yard with sufficient security personnel to prevent a theft. It’s glaringly obvious to anyone with a brain that parking overnight in a truckstop on the outskirts of London with a load of booze in a curtain-sider is not going to be there in the morning. The fact that you’re suggesting industrial estates as alternatives indicates that you’re just as thick as the haulier that sent it. Jesus H Christ… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Not really Rob- the simple fact is that a truck is far less likely to be targeted in places where thieves do not tend to congregate. I’ve never once had a curtain slashed when parked in a place of my choosing, but have had curtains slashed when parked in truckstops or MSAs at the customer’s insistence.

Only one of us is thick Rob, and I think everyone on TruckNet knows which one of us that is Rob. :wink:

I’m exactly the same, as are several others I know.

Whoodathunkit.