Wages

Juddian:
Tried being that long forgotten suitor gentleman to your wife, keeping a vase full of beautiful flowers freshly stocked for her all the time (not just a bloody bunch on valentines day hoping for a reward :unamused: like some dog on heat), telling her every day every time you speak if apart how lovely she is what you think of her and you love her, look after her, make sure she knows she’s secure with you, talk to her for Christs sake do not end up sitting in front of the bloody idiot box in the corner soaking up the state propaganda, when she dresses nicely and puts some lippy and eye shadow on for your return from work do you notice and tell her how fine she looks how proud and lucky you are and unable to take your eyes off her, when out together hold her hand or arm in arm if she prefers, always walking on the traffic side of a pavement, hold doors open for her, open the car door for her offering her a hand or arm for support as she alights in or from the car, just respect her for God’s sake.

Look after a well chosen woman, letting her know, and proving to her every day of your life that she is the most important person in your life, and if she has an ounce of womanhood in her she will repay that in spades.

Oh dear Sammyn, have you re-read your post, i really don’t know where to start, in fact i feel rather sorry for you both.

If it matters lady J was and still is lovely, but she’s of Latin blood so may not come up to your visual standards and our relationship has no basis on wealth nor looks because i’m as far from an oil painting as you could get, if she or i became the visual equivalent of the elephant man/woman then it would make no difference to what is inside.
I looked into her eyes and drowned in them many years ago, i still do, if poverty came through the door then that deep caring attraction and affection would not fly out the window.

Why do you think that women are so pathetic that they need help ‘alighting’ from the car? And why do you think they are so insecure that they need to be told every day how wonderful and amazing they are?

A decent woman wouldn’t put up with this - she’d find it condescending and insulting. In fact, if I had to repeat the same rubbish every day to my partner reading out boyz to men lyrics she’d think me an imbecile and would find it highly embarrassing.

Each to their own I suppose. What works for you wouldn’t work for me - vice versa. But don’t for a second think you are superior to anyone else who has a different approach.