Something for Freight Dog

Freight Dog:

citycat:
The cockpit looked really rough and ready. You could imagine the pilots wearing Ray Ban aviators and chomping on unlit cigars as they flew a cargo full of plastic tat out of Hong Kong or Taiwan !

What do all those switches in the ceiling panel do? Only joking, too many up there to list.

Ha! I honestly couldn’t tell you on the classic its quite different. Most of what you see in the photo from halfway up the panel back are circuit breakers.

I can tell you what the 747-400 is. The overhead is split into 3 vertical sections. Starting top left going down - IRSs selectors, Engine EEC, Electrics, bus tie selectors, gen switches and disconnects, hydraulic pumps, cockpit lighting. Middle down - audio switches, Fire handles and switches, engine start selectors and ignition controls, fuel jettison valves, fuel control panel, anti ice and de icing switches, external light switches. Right panel down - passenger oxygen mask selector, yaw damper switches, voice recorder switch, pressurisation outflow valve controls, air conditioning and pressurisation panel. More external lighting.

Wow and to think many on here cry about wether their truck is manual or automatic gears!! Let alone daily/pre-flight checks which don’t even come close to being comparable

They’d have a fit if they had to do even an minuscule amount of what you pilots do!!

Top respect FD for doing what you do, in my eyes it’s some achievement to be pilot [emoji67]‍[AIRPLANE]️!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk