Maritime professional driver scheme

Andrejs:
At present time lazy,slow drivers get much more money per year.Because he taked time every corner and bay.I know drivers who stop oposite collection factory and if office staff call him that he talk who somebody said must wait.But professional drivers who simply work good and do break by rulles get less money because he back to yard more quickly.Company must introduce some attitude bonus for driver.If drivers drive correctly,do job safely but more quickly ,drive more miles per gallon that he must get bonus.But i think this is not possible because lazy drivers will run to Union rep and cray who they top hard workers and company want pay him bonus ,make discrimination.

Most drivers who do this are not really lazy, but have some sort of grudge against the employer or some elaborate justification for why it is consistent with the customary conditions of the job and the work/wage bargain at that workplace.

Usually employers who have many of these drivers, have the drivers they deserve - because a driver who will compromise his integrity, will more easily allow himself to be mistreated. He accepts the opportunism of the employer in attacking his pay and conditions, because that driver is an opportunist himself. And those drivers become an excuse for the employer’s own behaviour, who will claim to be at the mercy of unruly drivers, rather than the employer reaping the result of the tone which he has set in his long-term dealings with the workforce.

Unless your employer is outstandingly and admirably fair in his dealings, and you are already on supreme pay and conditions (and this would be incredible nowadays), I say do your own work and keep your own dignity, and let others do what they do, and remember that it is the employer who is the main opportunist who will seek to shave pennies off the workforce at every corner and worsen their conditions at every stop.

If you accept more supervision and an “attitude bonus”, it will be your pay that is ultimately undermined, when the employer (having established those supervisory mechanisms) decides your attitude is no longer up to scratch - because it is he, not you or the other drivers, that has the most power to decide what effort or attitude is sufficient to deserve the wage.