Delivery van driver gets shafted

Franglais:

AndrewG:
It may be £12 ph but being self employed surely theres fuel to deduct from this? Couple this with the additional vehicle running cost its got to work out a pittance…

As Albion sercastically remarked, “yeah right”, Amazon “expecting” their “transport provider” drivers to be £12 hr doesn’t prove he was actually on that.
Anyone got another source with more info on this?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I found the statement hard to believe, which is why I asked how often they checked the pay of their courier companies.
It sounds like more corporate statements, like you get when somebody finds out that expensive designer clothing is made by children in Far East sweatshops and the offending company says it checks the conditions that its clothing contractors operate regularly.

Another thing in the article was DVSA was going to take an interest in the hours the drivers were working, but I bet a couple of couriers will be hammered as an example, but on the whole most will continue as they are and the likes of Amazon will keep coming out with statements like “We take road safety and the conditions our couriers work under seriously”. :unamused: