Powder Tanker work...what's that all about?

turpo:

Centauri:

Mr Physick:
Abbey Logistics screaming for powder men at the moment.Worth a call.
[/quote ]
thanks for the suggestion though sadly Abbey logistics don’t operate in the north east of England where I live.

Sadly for me, they DO operate out of the High Peak. Thus me ending a nineteen year association, on the 20th of Feb, with the quarry they are contracted to. :cry: I understand some will love them & there ways but I can hand on heart state, I’ve never dealt with (not through my choice) a more despicable company. Oh well, onwards & upwards. Looking forward to the new chapter, just around the corner :smiley:

Anyway back the question. As people have already said take your time & remember, panic & haste can lead to serious physical injury, ie loss of sight. My one piece of advice after 27 years of powder work, would be. Learn & understand the science of what discharging a tank involves. I’ve seen many drivers in my time, that can blow a tank but don’t understand the forces at work, when they block & are undoing clips, with two bar of pressure in the tank/pipes. They know open this valve, tweak this handle, shut that valve but not the physics involved. I’ve have, on more than one occasion, stopped drivers removing clips, discharging at the side of me, when they’ve blocked, not only for their own well being but mainly my own. There’s nothing to fear…when you know what to fear.

L’hoist?

Used to be a Turners place and became Abbey a few years back.