Whats it like driving for One Stop DC at Normanton, West Yor

Just looking for a bit of advice on the working conditions and shift patterns for the drivers at the new One Stop Shop DC at Normanton West Yorkshire ?

Can only comment on Brownhills Paul,tackle was ok,heavy going at some shops and difficult to get truck near to back door,gotta watch you dont get robbed when taking the cage with ■■■■ into shop,think pay is salaried about 30k,i only done couple of months on agency,sorry i cant give you much more info but its a start!

I asked this same question earlier on this week,I wanted to know how many shops a day on average and shift patterns,the advert says 5 over 7 but I’m sure iv seen the depot locked up on a Sunday.

Thanks Pete, how many shops did you have and general hours. Have you applied Yorkshire Terrier ?

paul IOM:
Thanks Pete, how many shops did you have and general hours. Have you applied Yorkshire Terrier ?

Yes got interview a week on Monday , don’t know if it will suit me but the money is good in my opinion so I’m going to see.
Iv been applying for over a year and this is first time iv got a chance.
Think there is a few positions but it all depends on shift pattern as to if I would take it if offered ,the guy on the phone just said we can discuss all my questions at interview so I’m trying to find out the basics.

Im in the same position, but im on the isle of man trying to move back there so would like info before spending money on travel, I did email them for more info but no reply, sometimes worrying when there’s a few positions available as to why. Only been open a year and people jumping ship or just got busier.

paul IOM:
Im in the same position, but im on the isle of man trying to move back there so would like info before spending money on travel, I did email them for more info but no reply, sometimes worrying when there’s a few positions available as to why. Only been open a year and people jumping ship or just got busier.

I think it’s a case of them getting more shops but I do think I few jump ship because they don’t realise the work involved…
Don’t hold your breath for an email back with info,like I said Iv been applying over a year and this is first time Iv heard anything, I’d even phoned up head office to find out why I kept getting overlooked said they would get back to me and never did.
I don’t mind the bit of graft Iv done tesco stores before and like I said depending on shift patterns the money is good.

Yes I dont mind the graft just like a work life balance. Probably quite good as they are biggest company in Uk. Hopefully get some comments from existing drivers or ex drivers.

I do know that One Stop have started a franchise, a bit like Bargain Booze, so independent shopkeepers can join. This might explain the sudden need for drivers, also means the number of residential area stores are probably going to go up.

By the looks of things, there is a range of shift patterns going as the wagons are at the stores from anywhere between 6am & teatime. Biggest difficulty with the job is parking at the shops, after that it’s just dropping cages and picking up the empty ones/ones with cardboard in. Don’t think drivers have to get involved with lugging cages into stores, but obviously if you dealing with female staff or one bloke on his own you’d be an arse just to watch them struggle with a cage over a bumpy path. Don’t think they could get much more than 3/4 drops on a trailer.

This info is based on what I saw when delivering milk to One Stop’s.

Thanks for the info Rob.

Paul when’s your interview■■? If it’s before mine come on here and let us know what he says,
Where you looking to move to? Must be hard to leave the Isle of Man ,I love the island.

Im going to ring him back tomorrow as had to check travel arrangements and hopefully fit it in with another interview back end of next week, im from Knottingley but been here 12 years but my kids have moved back. I will be gutted to leave the island. Have you lived here too ?

paul IOM:
Im going to ring him back tomorrow as had to check travel arrangements and hopefully fit it in with another interview back end of next week, im from Knottingley but been here 12 years but my kids have moved back. I will be gutted to leave the island. Have you lived here too ?

No just had holidays there,but would move in a flash if possible.
I live in wakefield and it’s not getting any better in West Yorkshire

Especially Knottla, I must be bonkers, oh well I havent left yet, still time :slight_smile: MGP this week so too expensive to travel

Most drops from what i remember was on the doncaster run,got 6 to 7 drops on a 33 foot,but it depends on how much shops sell prev week i suppose,some of larger shops have 12 cages others 3/4,some days it was a doddle if you had good shops,new builds with backyards other days it was a proper keep fit work out,also never had any issues with office being rude or treating me any different cos i was agency they run 100% legal as well.Some runs required a banksman so occasionally you had an extra pair of hands

Cheers Pete, rough with the smooth like most jobs I suppose. Sounds ok, just wanted info as relocating so thanks.