Advert placement issues

Noticed on a couple of occasions that an advert gets misplaced while using the site on a mobile device.

Not sure if this happens with everyone, or just me? But I’ve attached a screenshot showing the odd placement of an advert. A couple of page refreshes and a different ad pops up in the right place.

It’s a new thing that’s been happening to me as well on my android phone.

Same for me, also on Android

Try using the Tapatalk app to view this forum, it’s designed specifically for mobile whereas the browser based forum isn’t.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X704F using Tapatalk

If that’s the only solution, I’ll live with the odd placement issues.

Browse a number of sites on my 45, and having to use “Tapatalk” for one is going to be a pain. I believe you’re the only forum that I’m a member of who use it, it’s been ditched by the rest for “taking over the screen” or something?

EDItT: All phpBB 3.2 upwards themes/styles are mobile responsive.

I agree, tapatalk is horrid and non user friendly, hopefully rikki will see fit to update the forum one day.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Personally I think Tapatalk is the best way to view a forum on a small phone screen.

Each to their own I guess :smiley:

Sent from my mobile.

Myself and Diesel Dave have a meeting on Monday at HQ regarding TruckNet UK. Will raise this then

Rikki-UK:
Myself and Diesel Dave have a meeting on Monday at HQ regarding TruckNet UK. Will raise this then

What time is this meeting?
Can you please put up a notice on the general forum as the motorcade will cause we hard working truckers delays.
P.S. I find TapATalk easier on my small phone screen.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Same here, it covers a lot of the thread titles.
Complete pain in the arse.

Sorry about this. We haven’t made any changes to the TruckNet ad placements for a while so not sure why it has started happening. I’m assuming that not all adverts are doing this?

In the meantime I see two of the four screengrabs show the same advert, so I have blocked this advertiser. Hopefully that will help if they are one of the main offenders.

JD, no need to apologise.

Without posts like this you wouldn’t know about the issue.

90% of the time the adverts behave and appear where they should. I’m not sure how you call the adverts, whether they’re from a database or text file, or whether it’s a third party provider? I know you can override placements and styles from elsewhere.

Good luck sorting it out :laughing:

JDClark:
Sorry about this. We haven’t made any changes to the TruckNet ad placements for a while so not sure why it has started happening. I’m assuming that not all adverts are doing this?

In the meantime I see two of the four screengrabs show the same advert, so I have blocked this advertiser. Hopefully that will help if they are one of the main offenders.

Still doing it on my phone, different ad this time.

JDClark:

Mine had been fine since but just had a new one pop up

Is this happening in more than just one forum or is it only the main Pro Drivers Forum?

Rikki-UK:
Is this happening in more than just one forum or is it only the main Pro Drivers Forum?

I had this for the first time on my mobile this evening.

These two screenshots are from Safety and Law Forum:

IMG_2097.PNG

Rikki-UK:

I mainly get it on the pro forum but occasionally the newbies and Bullys. It has improved since I posted my previous comment

OK, I’ve made a change to the Pro Drivers Forum which I’m really hoping will fix this. If it works OK then I will do the same on the other forums.

The only downside is that occasionally the ads might not appear at all - I know this will come as a disappointment to many.

Please let me know how you get on with Pro Drivers…

I see these ads on occasion too. But another thing. Sometimes, just now and again, when I click a post to read I see a file being downloaded to my phone, normally a .swf file, whatever that is, which I then just delete unopened. Anyone else getting this?

JDClark:
OK, I’ve made a change to the Pro Drivers Forum which I’m really hoping will fix this. If it works OK then I will do the same on the other forums.

The only downside is that occasionally the ads might not appear at all - I know this will come as a disappointment to many.

Please let me know how you get on with Pro Drivers…

Took a couple more screen grabs the other day, but never got around to uploading them.

However, saying that, I don’t think I’ve seen any out of place adverts for a day or so.