poppies

Today Poundland sent home staff who were wearing poppies,and also Bodyshop have banned staff from wearing them ,where is this contry going to?

Poundland have now reversed the policy due to the negative strife they were getting in the press and on social networks .

Disgraceful that somone even considered stopping a staff member from wearing a poppy .

We shall remember them

Anyone going to Poundland should make a poppy out of a rasher of bacon :smiling_imp:

It would be Deutchmarkland if it wasn’t for the old soldiers, BOC’s :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

newmercman:
Anyone going to Poundland should make a poppy out of a rasher of bacon :smiling_imp:

It would be Deutchmarkland if it wasn’t for the old soldiers, BOC’s :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Just don’t go to Poundland…end of. :imp:

Anyone that puts less than a fiver in the tin for a poppy is a cheapskate :exclamation:

"

]Anyone that puts less than a fiver in the tin for a poppy is a cheapskate

To some people £5 is alot of money, it does not matter if it £5 £500 or even 5 pence…!!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: I really think you have missed the whole point of Rememberence Sunday…

Deepinvet:
"

To some people £5 is alot of money, it does not matter if it £5 £500 or even 5 pence…!!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: I really think you have missed the whole point of Rememberence Sunday…

Not at all,the money goes to help the people who have fought for this country who are now struggling.
It also goes towards tending the graves and memorials for the service men and women who gave their lives fighting for us. We all remember.I lost family in the WW1 and WW2 as did a lot of others !!!

dougfh16:
Today Poundland sent home staff who were wearing poppies,and also Bodyshop have banned staff from wearing them ,where is this contry going to?

As the old saying go’s “to hell in a hand cart” I think it is time we did something about all this PC twaddle and showed the word that there are still English men willing to fight for freedom

Along with their counterparts fromWales Northern Ireland and Scotland.

Dave the Renegade:

Deepinvet:
"

Not at all,the money goes to help the people who have fought for this country who are now struggling.
It also goes towards tending the graves and memorials for the service men and women who gave their lives fighting for us. We all remember.I lost family in the WW1 and WW2 as did a lot of others !!!

I hope none of my poppy money goes to tend any war graves, that is the job of the government war graves commission.

I put money in the poppy boxes but I don’t need to wear a poppy to show I have. I also support the local air ambulances.

My late dad was called up in1939 and went all through the war (gunner 7th Armoured Div.)
He was very proud of his war service but was adamant that he would not wear a poppy.
He was always very quiet on Remembrance Sunday and always said he remembered his
fallen comrades in his own way. I have always worn the poppy but I don’t judge
anyone who will not. R.I.P. to all who made the supreme sacrifice.
regards Kevmac47

My late father served in Burma and Japan and had no time for the Remembrance Ceremonies.I cant remember him wearing a poppy either.We should remember how our squaddies have been short changed by successive governments over the years.

Most of the German and Italian soldiers who remained in this country after being prisoners of war received a State pension off their own governments as well as a pension here.The British ex servicemen and women got nothing extra !!!