Quadrophenia

Or… take a leaf out of Clint Eastwood’s book & get an Orang Utan.

It would,
1.Save you putting your left indicator on,

2.Knock hell out of those greasy bikers :imp: (I used to be a Mod :sunglasses: :sunglasses: )

3.& best of all…crap in the commisioners cars!!! :laughing: :laughing:

TP

Tom Paris:
2.Knock hell out of those greasy bikers :imp: (I used to be a Mod :sunglasses: :sunglasses: )

TP

Hmmmmmm perfume burner !
Is that a target ?
:laughing:
I wasnt a mod!

Cav203k:

Tom Paris:

TP

Hmmmmmm perfume burner !
Is that a target ?
I wasnt a mod!

Never had a target Cav. I had the same as the guy on the Quadrophenia album (the original album) a large circle with “The Who” in the middle! Cool! :sunglasses:
Still got the parka too…hanging up behind my door! Ah! the memories… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

TP

Anything that has to be steered with your arse is not a bike!!!

(Had plenty of bikes in my ‘yoof’ & living where I do had the opportunity to hoof a few scooters into hedges on their way to Skeg on the bank holidays)

No remorse whatsoever !
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A Scooter is not a bike though!

We never called them bikes, we always called them Scooters or Scoots!
It was never about the speed, it was all about the clean image & smooth lines!

Lambretta TV 175…my old one… 1966 on a D plate, dark blue…wish I still had it!

TP

Cav203k:
Anything that has to be steered with your arse is not a bike!!!

(Had plenty of bikes in my ‘yoof’ & living where I do had the opportunity to hoof a few scooters into hedges on their way to Skeg on the bank holidays)

No remorse whatsoever !
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Never been hoofed into a hedge before… been to skeg couple of times in 80’s, good weekends!

Hoofed a few bikers into cafe windows though!! :laughing: : :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Worth a lot of money nowadays from what I understand those Lambo’s, still preferred my 350LC

Tom Paris:
Never been hoofed into a hedge before… been to skeg couple of times in 80’s, good weekends!

Hoofed a few bikers into cafe windows though!! :laughing: : :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Only if they didnt have their engines running & happened to be looking in the opposite direction or alternatively displaying ‘L’ plates, you never hit Skeg via Lincoln Tom :laughing:

Place in Wigan restores & sells Lambrettas & Vespas.
Had a look recently & a pretty rusty old TV 175 was going for £2000. so, yeah! Not cheap!
TP

P.S. Cav. Ever been hoofed through a cafe window? Just in case we’ve met!!
:laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Absolutely never
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
TBH I have never seen a mod (or one of those skinhead scooter boys) big enough to do the job

I was A Skinhead, and I liked the scooters 'specially the chopped ones, never liked Mods or Bikers, dun quite a few of both in my time, Yarmouth, Southend etc. The band I use to play for played at scooter rallies, the best one was I.O.W. back in '86, Wow! did it go ‘off’ there! one of the best ‘riots’ I’ve ever been in, even beats some of the Football ones back in the '70’s

Hey Cliff you Bonehead!
Best ever “riot” I saw… well there were 2 actually.
Scarborough 1980 when the cops got really heavy handed because there were more Scooters than they could deal with.
Instead of playing it cool they were belting people with truncheons just for stopping on yellows etc so everybody just went absolutely bonkers & Scarborough was pretty much smashed up that year. But that was plod that started that!

Second was at, I think it was Newark … No1’s meeting, just pre rally season, anyway, we’re all on this official campsite (Bad Manners were playing at the dance) & all those caravans selling burgers etc were really ripping everyone off… after the second day people were completely fed up of being ripped off by various vendors & round about dinner time the caravans were all tipped over etc, cops called etc. Major riot, was on the news etc.

We used to fight the skins in Edinburgh quite regularly until they all started to get Scoots then they joined our clubs etc. & we turned our attention to Bikers & New Romantics!

TP

Notice he SAW the riot, didnt get involved :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What kind of opression is this? (getting the posts binned in here) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Oooops was that off topic? :laughing:

Cav203k:
Notice he SAW the riot, didnt get involved :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was too busy hoofing greasers into Cafe windows at the time! & nickin’ the burgers from the overturned caravans :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

TP

Hi TOM, Yeah that was like the I.O.W. back in '86, all the burger vendors got trashed, the beer tents were looted then trashed and set on fire even the fire engines got trashed along with the old bill, funnily enough Bad Manners were the headline band at that one too :open_mouth: I’ve still got all the newspaper cuttings from it, I think if I remember there were about 8-9,000 there, so it was a preety good showing. Yeah they were the days, plenty of beer, women, music and fighting!
Clacton was another good rally too, we played that one as a headliner, I guess cuz it was local for us coming from Ipswich.

I never had my own Scooter, always rode friends ones, I used to hang out alot with the Newmarket boys, they had a pretty good club. they bwere also allies with us (Bury St Edmunds) and the Ipswich boys when we would go into Ely to ‘do’ the Ely Mods, we always went in with transit and bedford vans, somehow they always got wind of us coming (probably something to do with the road to Ely littered with mods and their scooters who’d just taken a hit with a baseball bat to the back of the helmet! Lol) Anyway they’d always ambush us somewhere between the outskirts and the marketplace ( ever had your head resting against the inside of the van when a full housebrick hits it at the exact same spot on the outside?..take it from me it bloodywell hurts! Lol)

Yes those were definetly the good old days, trouble is I’m getting too old for all that now, most the people I used to fight with are now drinking mates when I go back home…I guess we are all getting too old for it!

I saw on TV yesterday that Quadraphinia is being shown this comming week but I forgot which channel and and the date and time. As we have over 500 channels it may take some finding :laughing:

Its not worth watching…full of poofy scooters!

Yeah it is!
True I did’nt like the 70’s-80’s Mods, but If I had been old enough in the 60’s I would have been a Mod, after all, it was the Mods that begat Skinheads!

Hey Cliff!

Yeah! … those were the days but as you say I think we’re a bit long in the tooth now.

When we started off as Mods in Edinburgh in early 79 there were only 9 of us, we all had old 60’s or early 70’s Lambrettas & Vespas which we bought locally for hardly anything as they were not very popular & most of them, mine included, had been sitting in old geezers gardens or garages for years & hardly used at all!!

We used to go out riding at night & at weekends & people would just stare at us with our tons of chrome, lights mirrors etc. No-one knew what we were & we never got any bother from anyone, then Quadrophenia was released in the summer & EVERYONE jumped on the bandwagon. 16 yr olds running around on 50cc vespas etc, spoiled it a little bit, but those were still great days!

Music was great, loads of 60’s & stuff like The Jam, The Chords, The Purple Hearts, Secret Affair, The Lambrettas are the main ones I recall (still got the records too)
We had a local Edinburgh Mod band called The Mirrors & as far as I recall, they played a few national gigs but not very successfully though, still…

We were into Nine Below Zero & also bands like The Specials, Madness, The Beat, Bad Manners, Bodysnatchers, The Selector etc

Saw UB40 just before they were famous at one of our regular Saturday night haunts too, also Paul Young & The Q-Tips before he was famous & a few others!

The Jam played the Edinburgh Playhouse in 79, supported by the Kinks, Paul Weller was all over us, Ray Davies(Kinks front man) was great too & I’ve still got the photo of him sitting on my Scooter!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Used to like the Mod girls too, they wore Mini skirts, stockings etc at a time when most girls were covered up or wearing really big flares, so of course we used to get loads of admiring glances from non Mods when we were out clubbing with our girlfriends, some people have all the luck eh?

Those were the days!

TP :sunglasses: