Americans!!!!

ZERO GRAVITY

When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ball-point pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat this problem NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion developing a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to over 300 C.

The Russians used a pencil

:grimacing:

But it is a very good pen. I know because I bought one & for less than $12.

And these guys ARE rocket scientistsā€¦ :laughing:

The ā€˜Papermate Powerpointā€™ was a very good idea :bulb:

the pencil bit was quite funny tho pat :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now why doesā€™nt that suprise me! :unamused:

There is so many OTT approachs to most things in the USA. :unamused:

I once read a story in a trucking magazine about a guy that went to the U.S.A. An American greeted him and said ā€œdid you drive here or fly?ā€ :unamused: :unamused:
Why are Americans so stupid? and yet they think they are better than anyone else. :unamused:

Americans stupid :question: :question: :question:

They are no more stupid than the English or any other nationality. There are some very stupid people I know who are British, but the vast majority are inteligent, itā€™s the same here, a tiny few americans are indeed stupid, that doesnā€™t mean Americans in genral are stupid.
I live in an area where most of the locals have never been more than 100 miles radius of their home, some actually think that all england is foggy and damp because thats what they saw in ā€˜Jack the ripperā€™ on TV.
Two weeks ago in England I met people that think it isnā€™t safe to walk the streets of the USA cities for fear of being shot, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
My own Daughter made me ashamed of her ignorance by asking me ā€œWhat language do they use there Dad ?ā€ she didnā€™t want me to take her to LA because she wanted to go somewhere warm.
There are tales that circulate in Britain that if you are very sick and donā€™t have a credit card the ambulance will leave you or the hospitals will discharge you, all these tales are total BS.
Americans are NOT stupid, British are NOT stupid, some people, not of any specific nationality are stupid.
Look at what you wrote then think what a stupid question that was.

If my response angers or insults you then i am sorry but it didnā€™t insult you as much as it insulted Me, Kate or my Kidā€™s :angry:

I donā€™t know one American who is as stupid as a man who would judge the level of intelligence of an entire nation of people based on a story that he read in a truckers magazine. Youā€™re a total insult to all Brits that I know, and any time you want to compare educational backgrounds or IQ scores, give me a call. Weā€™ll compare our masters degreesā€¦ whereā€™d you get yours?

I think Karl has hit a nerve, Poor lad. He is only a youngster Kate. Maybe he said the wrong thing, I got severly reprimanded from you for saying something without thinking.

I agree with Pat, There are some stupid people everywhere, and there are some intelligent people, and then there are intelligent truck drivers

I bought a coat in Bloomingdales made by a company called London Fog

Kate Hasler:
I donā€™t know one American who is as stupid as a man who would judge the level of intelligence of an entire nation of people based on a story that he read in a truckers magazine. Youā€™re a total insult to all Brits that I know, and any time you want to compare educational backgrounds or IQ scores, give me a call. Weā€™ll compare our masters degreesā€¦ whereā€™d you get yours?

agree 100%

the story I wrote was only a laugh!! just like the irish jokesā€¦ hang on a sec, where does karl come from? :laughing:

keep smiling!

Thecritic:
[the story I wrote was only a laugh!! just like the irish jokesā€¦ hang on a sec, where does karl come from? :laughing:

keep smiling!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I reprimanded you, did I? Sorry criticā€¦ must have been the whole national anthem thing, since thats all I can remember getting irritated at before. If Karl is ā€˜just a ladā€™ then he needs to learn some manners and bit of tact, as well as a bit of accurate information about Americansā€¦ weā€™re lovely people, really!!! Iā€™m all in favor (sorryā€¦ FAVOUR) of a laugh,ā€¦ heard any good Irish jokes lately?

(this is Kate, using Pats ID)

Scientists at NASA built a gun specifically to launch dead chickens at the windshields of airliners, military jets and the space shuttle, all travelling at maximum velocity. The idea is to simulate the frequent incidents of collisions with airborne fowl to test the strength of the windshields.

British engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the windshields of their new high-speed trains. Arrangements were made, and a gun was sent to the British engineers.

When the gun was fired, the engineers stood shocked as the chicken hurled out of the barrel, crashed into the shatterproof shield, smashed it to smithereens, blasted through the control console, snapped the driverā€™s backrest in two and embedded itself in the back wall of the cab, like an arrow shot from a bow.

The horrified Brits sent NASA the disastrous results of the experiment, along with the designs of the windshield and begged the US scientists for suggestions.

NASA responded with a one-line memo: ā€œDefrost the chicken.ā€

And who was it that said Americans where stupid :question: :unamused: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nicked from WheelNuts post ā€˜NASAā€™.

i spoke to an american guy not so long back and i asked him why so few people had a passport and alot of them never left there own state nerver mind the country .he told me that when you live in a country that size with some states being as big as parts of europe you dont need to go anywhere else.as for intelligence this guy was a teacher and spoke 4 languages .oh yeah and he was driving a truck.v8 karl i know your only young mate so you might not know this but the states has the biggest irish population outside of the emerald isle :laughing:

v8 karl say sorry ya young hoodlum!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . hes only a young lad pat n kate, we say things at 14 that maybe we shouldn`t haveā€¦ for that matter i still do :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . now everybody kiss and make up :wink:

ok ok for all americans IM ONLY WINDING YOU UP
no really it was just a joke, sorry if i have offended you and enough with the irish jokes please :unamused:

(tin hat on and body armour at the ready)

Appology accepted.

As an add to this though i have found that with only 40 miles on the sea you can infact drive from the UK to the USA :exclamation:
Down to Dover and ferry to Calais, drive for days or even weeks to far eastern Russia, from there it is only 4 miles by ferry during winter (and even just a drive if the sea is frozen) to Alaska. :laughing:

Try living down here, where most Americans are stupid! :open_mouth: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There are a few hillbillies around here too Cliff, but I only have to travel for about 40 miles to civilisation and Saratoga Springs where people are quite clever. Kate is very clever, She is a psycoligist. :slight_smile: