Xmas do, Rikki, and a confused Old Bird

At Christmas, the carers from the home dropped me off at Cannock for the site Xmas do. Very helpful folks these carers. In I went, and finding a spare seat, sat down next to a very pleasant young man, with a lovely smile and a twinkle in his eye, who helped me stow the zimmer away under the seat out of the way. After he had bought a me a rose from a passing flower seller, which I thought was a nice gesture towards an old lady, the young man then introduced himself and the following conversation ensued:

Rikki…Hello, my name is Rikki, I’m with Trucknet.
Me…Hi I’m Old Bird, nice to meet you Rikki
Rikki…Ohhh Old Bird…I’ve heard of you…have you visited my site yet?
Me…Which is your site?
Rikki…Trucknet.
Me…Oh yes, I’ve seen that but I don’t like it.
Rikki…Why don’t you like it?
Me…It’s too Americanized and hippyish.

At this point, the young man looked quite hurt, and I felt quite awful for calling his site. By the end of the conversation, I was still insisting that the site was too ‘American’ and I didn’t understand a word people were posting. Rikki was insisting it wasn’t. At the end of the night, having got myself nicely legless, due to Rikki’s generosity at the bar, and totally unable to control the zimmer, I went home still of the opinion that I didn’t like ‘American’ truck sites.

It wasn’t till a friend of mine was trawling though the sites on his computer, and he got onto Trucknet, that I realized that my Trucknet and Rikki’s Trucknet were not the same site. :blush: I had joined Trucknet, as I promised Rikki I would…but it was the USA site I’d joined… :blush:

So…Rikki…your site isn’t ‘Americanized’ and ‘hippyish’. I was in the wrong place. I’m sorry I called your site chuck and I’ll buy you a pint to apologize when I see you again.

Old Bird ■■■

All I can say is Welcome to TruckNetUK Old Bird. I think thats the Old Bird I know… hee hee :wink:

Well, I reckon Rikki could have atleast said that his site was TruckNetUK, but he was probably under the influence of a fair few bevvys by the time you met him. :laughing: :laughing:

Hope you enjoy the site Old Bird :sunglasses:

AndyM:
He was probably under the influence of a fair few bevvys by the time you met him. :laughing: :laughing:

DUH!!! :wink:

Welcome To TruckNetUK!!! Old Bird

Bully

Just a thought, there’s no offence meant on the above post to any USA site at all…it’s just me can’t understand the ‘lingo’. :cry: It was mid January, when I found the UK Trucknet, and joined, but I will have to go visit the USA one again soon. Although I can’t understand much of what they are on about, most of the time, they are, without doubt, a lovely bunch of folks over there. x

Sorry Ol Bird… (Actually Folks she aint that old :smiley: )

I missed this post, hence the delay in replying :blush: :blush: :blush:

It was real pleasure meeting you… and enjoyed the laughs we all had :smiley: :smiley:

Glad you have found your way to the UK TruckNet … and hope you can understand us here

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Rikki wrote
Sorry Ol Bird… (Actually Folks she aint that old )

Ain’t that old■■? I distinctly remember you admiring the go faster stripes on the zimmer, and asking me if I was certain it’s top speed was only 25mph. :laughing:

Seriously tho, it was a good evening. It was very nice meeting everyone. x