F 1 GP

I sat up till midnight last night watching the Australian GP. As much as I detest Ferrari and that arrogant Schummacker geyser I have to say that if that race was a sign of things to come all the other teams may as well just throw in the towel now and save millions.
Even ‘My Hero’ , I speak of course of the one and only David Coulthard was reduced to 8th place. I can say however “well done Alonso” for the youngest F1 driver to be only 3 seconds behind the red cars was amazing. :frowning:
I’m sad because there seems no chance for anyone else at the moment.

Pat Hasler:
I sat up till midnight last night watching the Australian GP. As much as I detest Ferrari and that arrogant Schummacker geyser

I once read this about Ralf Schumacher…

“He is so arrogant that even Michael has noticed”

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Vince

i wouldn’t say he was a proffesional driver though pat.

when they come back to the pits to retire a bloke has to come out and reverse is car in to a bay. :laughing: :laughing:

jon

its the first race of the season to early to predict anything yet. Remember at this point last year Coultard was leading the Championship. :smiley: and the championship went down to the last race although it was pretty much settled after the US GP.

All they did yesterday was put DC down, saying he has lived up to the critisism, poor guy, Hey ! he finished in the points which is more than most. I think he is still a great driver and has potential.

I used to love F1 with a passion but it is now totally BORING. Yes I admire Mr Shoemaker as he is one amazing driver but he, and his team have so totally dominated the sport for so many years now that the outcome of the whole competition is known before the first race even begins. Whats the point?

Am now exploring the much more exciting world of motorcycle racing now which thankfully seems to be getting much more tv coverage than it used to. Perhaps its not just me who’s gone off F1 then and the demand for an alternative motorsport on tv is there. Here’s hoping so.

The last season was the best I ever saw, and i was born and raised with F1 coming from Silverstone. I have never known any race season where the whole championship was still in the ballance on the final race. … That was not boring in any way. :slight_smile:

There always seems to be a dominant team in F1. Before Ferrari it was Mclaran and before that Williams, remember comments about Damon Hill only winning becuase he drove a Williams.
Racing is better in the lower formulas, F3000 has it fair share of over taking and spills, My favourite is Formula Ford, can be seen on Motors TV. No wings so the cars get really close, and I mean close, Nose boxes in between the wishbones of the car in front. :laughing: and that speeds up to 150mph and young drivers 18-19 years old does lead to exciting racing if bit messy at times.

I thought it was better in the old days, when they used to hop out of the car for a ■■■ during pitstops.

Vince

Vince:
I thought it was better in the old days, when they used to hop out of the car for a ■■■ during pitstops.

Vince

Just looked at your Russian site, looks like you have pulled Suzana of Slovakia or where ever she is from. :wink:

I used to love F1 but lost interest when Nigel Mansell retired…does anyone know what he’s doing now■■?

Bully

Running a Hotel and Golf course, last I heard

Jules

Bully:
I used to love F1 but lost interest when Nigel Mansell retired…does anyone know what he’s doing now■■?

Bully

When I worked on the promo company and worked for Ford Racing or Jaguar, I would sometimes do British touring cars an Nigel was often with us at some meetings, when he finished Indycar he joined the Ford Mondeo team which we worked with. I think he is retired now and lives on the Isle Of Man with Damon Hill, as a neighbour obviously :wink:

I followed F1 for many years until 3yrs ago went it got just like a carnival parade headed by a bloke called Shoemaker. Its just boring now. In the days of Mansell, Fittapaldi, Peterson, Stewart, Senna, Prost & others that was real racing now days its done by computer.
I used to go to Silverstone to watch F1 both Grand-Prix & Tourist Trophy races that was when the pits at at Siverstone were above the track & Woodcote corner was taken flat out without any chicane to slow them down. I actually was in pits grandstand when Jody Schecter caused that major crash during the Grand-Prix {1973}… I sat about 3 rows from the front it was a bit frightning. Now I’d sooner watch paint dry.

When Hesketh Racing Ruled the world :laughing:

Siverstone had only 5 right hand curves and 2 or 3 left hand ones and was the fastest track on the planet. James Hunt set the world racing speed record there during the Daily Express International GP when they launched the Hesketh 308. I was there free of charge as I spent many happy day in Heskeths workshops.

Yes Pat, I’d forgot about Lord Hesketh from Easton Neston & the Hesketh 308. A mate of mine did a spell as a marshall at Silverstone I think it was at a Tourist Trophy meeting that The Late Great Ken Tyrell brought the P-34 six-legger for a few demo laps I not sure who the driver was at the time but boy it did look wierd at first having six wheels. Now I would sooner go to the Rockingham Oval at Corby & watch the ASCAR’s {Sorry DOT cars} do 60 laps than pay for a Grandprix meeting.

Tyrell had some strange ideas :bulb:

Remember the one that sucked the track and had a big fan that blew dust into the paths of everyone else :question:

Didn’t even last half a season because of the protests :laughing:

Sure do the Brabham BT 34 if I remember correctly. :bulb: Now if they bring that back & get in front of shoemaker that will stop him :smiley: :smiley: . Pat have been to Donnington Park Racing museum if not its well worth a visit. Its got a load of the F1 cars in there even I think the BT34. So when you come over again i would recomend it. Take a look at the website www.doningtoncollection.com

I have been to Donnington in the past and as you say ‘It’s very good’.

I used to spend a lot of time there with ford. A week on site in a truck cab wears a bit thin though :laughing: :laughing:

Pat Hasler:
I used to spend a lot of time there with ford. A week on site in a truck cab wears a bit thin though :laughing: :laughing:

What no hotels, it was either Holiday Inn down the road or Ramada Jarvis when I went there. :laughing: