Drop The Dead Donkey

"A city boy, Gervais, moved to the country and bought a donkey from an old farmer for £100. The farmer agreed to deliver the animal the next day.

The following day, the farmer drove up and said, “Sorry, but I have some bad news. The donkey died”.

“Well, then” said Gervais, “just give me my money back”.

“Can’t do that. I went and spent it already”, said the farmer.

“OK, just unload the donkey,” replied Gervais.

“What ya going to do with him?” asked the farmer.

“I’m going to to raffle him off” came the reply.

“You can’t raffle off a dead donkey!” said the indignant farmer.

“Sure I can. Watch me. I just won’t tell anybody he’s dead,” said a confident Gervais.

A month later the farmer met up with the city boy and asked, “What happened with the dead donkey?”

“I raffled him like I said. I sold five hundred tickets at two pounds apiece and made a profit of £898 after allowing for the £100 I paid you.”

“Didn’t anyone complain?” asked the puzzled farmer. “Just the guy who won” replied Gervais. “So I gave him his two pounds back!”

Sounds like a good way to come up with some cash for trip to the UK. The exchange rates gonna kill us. All I need now is a donkey… or… I could always raffle off Pat. hahahaha

don’t want to be a pedant but…a donkey and a mule are two different things :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jules

HaHa… point taken. But at least he’s still alive… may be worth more that way… Anyone making any offers?

20 bucks, if he comes with a green card, if not, then ten, as he’s obviously been well used :wink:

I will bring a green card, but it will be mine!!! :laughing: