Where you going on holiday this year?

The reason i ask is i have just booked a log cabin in Oban later this year and just wondered what the rest of you are up to, are you going abroad or staying in the U.K.?.

I should have a month in the US and Canada after the work is all done over there. If I don’t go in the end, I’ll not have a holiday. Can’t afford one.

Off to USA next month for just over 2 weeks… Atlanta Georgia, first then up to Louisville Kentucky
a little bit of work/business… and the rest fun!! :slight_smile:

My parents live in Tenerife and they always wanna see their Grandson :smiley: :smiley:

I promised said darling a trip to Disney :open_mouth: He doesnt know they is one in Paris :smiley: but i guess the wife will wanna go to Orlando :cry:

I always leave booking till last minute I got a 2 week trip all inclusive to Dominican republic for less than £500 and a 2 week jaunt to Cuba AI ( which was the best holiday we ever had) for less than £600 each! :laughing:

TruckNet UK:
Off to USA next month for just over 2 weeks… Atlanta Georgia, first then up to Louisville Kentucky
a little bit of work/business… and the rest fun!! :slight_smile:

We will cross paths, so to speak. I land at Heathrow on the 12th and fly back here an 22nd. My Holiday is in England. :sunglasses:

Was meant to be going to Lorett de Mar in may but the child on the way put paid to that!!

Roll on next yr with all these free child places we see advertised, we will hopefully be off to Crete again!!

Kev

we will be staying in england this year going to cornwall a little place called tintagel.

what with the present state of going to spain and all that(2 year old son not good in the sun).

maybe next year going back to tenerife and relive the honeymoon :wink:

jon

I’m going out to the States at the end of march too, like Rikki, though only for one week, but then I’m planning on going to Canada for three weeks during my summer shutdown period… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

In the Weymouth area is the plan so far.

Mal.

Nothing definte as yet but looking at Kefalonia and if I can make it a week in the Western Isles too

Me n the missus are off to sunny Peterborough over the first Bank holiday in may to spend some time with like minded people who just love getting wet and cold whilst looking at things you can see on any motorway every day of the week!
At the end of may its off to Tenby for a long weekend for a real break from work!
A week in Gt Yarmouth is planned for the end of August and to cap off the year We are having a proper holiday in Tenerife.
I like my holidays thats why I work so hard the rest of the year ( just like everyone else!)

A holiday…whats one of those? :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :cry: :cry: :cry:

American companys need to know that 5 days a year for vacation aint enough. :imp: :imp: :imp:

Bully

I"m taking my wife and our four children camping to a bit of land I own in the Pyrenees. If you want a cup of tea, you find wood, make the fire, get water out of the river and brew up. Washing is in an icy mountain stream. I dig a hole in the bushes for a bog and stick a pallet on top. Wine, bread and cheese, hanging out in a hammock, no electricity, no neighbours, nothing…Until the kids want to go to the waterpark at Cap d’Agde, the wife needs to go to Carrefour shopping, and the car needs a replacement part, involving a 50 mile drive and sitting around in the hot sun with f all to do in a grimy industrial estate in Toulouse for 2 days while it’s being fixed.
Get back to the campsite, it’s rained all over the firewood and the sleeping bags and a wild boar has had a crap in the tent doorway while rooting through the food hamper.

PeteLeTroquaire:
I"m taking my wife and our four children camping to a bit of land I own in the Pyrenees. If you want a cup of tea, you find wood, make the fire, get water out of the river and brew up. Washing is in an icy mountain stream. I dig a hole in the bushes for a bog and stick a pallet on top. Wine, bread and cheese, hanging out in a hammock, no electricity, no neighbours, nothing…Until the kids want to go to the waterpark at Cap d’Agde, the wife needs to go to Carrefour shopping, and the car needs a replacement part, involving a 50 mile drive and sitting around in the hot sun with f all to do in a grimy industrial estate in Toulouse for 2 days while it’s being fixed.
Get back to the campsite, it’s rained all over the firewood and the sleeping bags and a wild boar has had a [zb] in the tent doorway while rooting through the food hamper.

Pete??, sounds like a Holiday from Heaven mate :smiley: … wish I was coming too, and before you think I’m being sarcastic… I’m Not!! :wink: … LOL, I love camping out in the wilds, just dont a chance to do it… :unamused: :unamused:

I think you like “camping” anywhere! :stuck_out_tongue:

tartanraider:
I think you like “camping” anywhere! :stuck_out_tongue:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Old and grouchy already… :laughing:

tartanraider:
Old and grouchy already… :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Andy; Feel free to use the “campsite” if you want some rural peace and quiet. It’s at the end of a valley in the foothills of the Pyrenees, about 80kms south of Carcassone, going towards Andorra. I bought a farmhouse there 20 years ago, did it up, back to the land growing turnips and so on, then sold it, but kept some of the land and a bit of forest. My kids were born there, so they love going back and being wild.

Mums been swapping her timeshare in Malta so we’re off to Cornwall in 2 weeks then a narrow boat on the canal in May and a week in Portugal in October.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Makes up for the last couple of years getting made redundant and then starting new jobs and getting no holidays (or holiday pay).

Calv