Prince Philip has died aged 99

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11437314
The palace said: "It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen has announced the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

“His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle.”

ROG:
Prince Philip has died aged 99, Buckingham Palace announces - BBC News
The palace said: "It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen has announced the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

“His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle.”

I’m rather ambivalent to the Royals.

But I liked this guy. He said what most think, but dare not utter. A character.

Sad day. I’m surprised they haven’t blamed Covid…

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I too liked and respected Pip, a character, he like us normies would often amusingly put his foot in it, upsetting the woke mob (long before anyone deamed the term up) should be classed as good works, didn’t suffer fools gladly.
The only one of his offspring i have any time for is Anne, chip off the old block.

HRH Prince Philip the Duke of Edinburgh, may you Rest in Peace sir.

The sychophantic BBC have cancelled all shows right through the network to pay tribute, (all day?..is that really necessary? ) recorded by the brown nosed and the wannabe knighthood crew.
All very sad for his family, but he had no bearing on my life,.was way out of touch with real people, and lived to 99 by having the best of everything and being pampered.
RIP to him, but tbh and brutal, I don’t really care. :neutral_face:

Stand by for the ott lavish state funeral funded by the likes of you and me.

I am sympathetic about any death, including the Duke. But the blitz on the tele is too much. But I admit I am a Republican, which may colour my sentiments…

robroy:
The sychophantic BBC have cancelled all shows right through the network to pay tribute, (all day?..is that really necessary? ) recorded by the brown nosed and the wannabe knighthood crew.
All very sad for his family, but he had no bearing on my life,.was way out of touch with real people, and lived to 99 by having the best of everything and being pampered.
RIP to him, but tbh and brutal, I don’t really care. :neutral_face:

Stand by for the ott lavish state funeral funded by the likes of you and me.

I thought it was no more than 30 allowed at a funeral? Has that changed?

i will become a republican once the queen passes, i do love my queen and respect everything about her… :neutral_face:

R.I.P phil…

already been said, no state funeral or lying in state.

I’ve got respect for Phil due to him serving in WW2 and being married to the Queen but it’s the 21st century and I think once the Queen dies I think the monarchy should end as it’s outdated the same applies to the House of Lords
This country’s top heavy with bureaucrats it’s about time we had a massive shake up and downsize the system

Dipster:
I am sympathetic about any death, including the Duke. But the blitz on the tele is too much. But I admit I am a Republican, which may colour my sentiments…

Seems you’re far from unique in thinking the coverage is OTT.
bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertai … s-56721078

RIP Philip , seems from what I’ve read / watched was a sound bloke , but must admit I’m not so sure about his followers , dress sense is a bit iffy

7A50D28C-F6D1-4ABD-8140-A3F69C8924AA.jpeg

Goodbye god bless sir total respect for you and your wife the wonderfull queen such a lady we will miss you but the queen will carry on her duties to our wonderfull Great Britain rule Britannia regards rowland ward

A bit of a treble whammy here, …
Something to upset the Royalists, a bit of mild racist humour, and some blasphemy thrown in for the religious . :laughing:

(Tried to look for some way of ■■■■■■■ off Man U or Sunderland fans for good measure, , but couldn’t manage. :smiley: )

I thank you. :sunglasses: :laughing:

rward:
Goodbye god bless sir total respect for you and your wife the wonderfull queen such a lady we will miss you but the queen will carry on her duties to our wonderfull Great Britain rule Britannia regards rowland ward

The Queen has given the country more than enough service.It’s not fair on her to ask her to carry on now.
She totally understandably really looks like she’s had/done enough.Combined with all the controversies piling up on her on one side and now the loss of her soul mate on the other and age itself in her 90’s.
Time to retire and hand it all over to the next chapter.Ideally skip Charles and let William take over the strain of the job.Charles and Anne need to devote their time to supporting her and being the eldest it’s their responsibility to do it and Charles doesn’t have enough time left to make it worth him taking over. :bulb:

Carryfast:
The Queen has given the country more than enough service.It’s not fair on her to ask her to carry on now.

I’ve a feeling she could step back if she wanted to. She’s hardly an Indentured servant.

So, tell me, where do the royals figure in your giant China conspiracy? You seem something of a royalist

Carryfast:

rward:

She totally understandably really looks like she’s had/done enough.Combined with all the controversies piling up on her on one side and now the loss of her soul mate on the other and age itself in her 90’s.
Time to retire and hand it all over to the next chapter.Ideally skip Charles and let William take over the strain of the job.Charles and Anne need to devote their time to supporting her and being the eldest it’s their responsibility to do it and Charles doesn’t have enough time left to make it worth him taking over. :bulb:

i think it’s only the thought of Charlie boy taking over the reigns that keep’s her going on and on :laughing:

I’m a non royalist, but nor am I a Republican, I’m more of a Couldntgiveatossian tbh. :smiley:
On the other hand I do have respect for the Queen, she has been exemplary in the job that she has done for so long, but she looks absolutely and not surprisingly …knackered, and should pack it all in,.and hand over the baton to whoever.

Looking at them on the news yesterday, the only two I would have any time for are Diana’s two boys.
Charles belongs in the 19th Century.
Anne is ok I suppose, and off the same stamp as her mother.
Andrew is a pompous up his own arse prat, who should be facing court in the US, I can’t stand the sight of that bloke,.an NBPE…not been punched enough. :smiling_imp:
… and don’t get me started on that old before his time waste of air and skin, Prince Edward. :unamused: just remind me what his role in life is again…and what is the point of him?

That just about sums up my thoughts and opinions on those lot,.a dysfunctional family, with too much money, who in real terms would not give a flying ■■■■ about you or me,… despite some of your misguided loyalty.:smiley:

My.loyalty is to queen and country and did you all notice how our British forces carried out a fantastic job of prosition timing to detail why coz their british and proud and it’s a pity a lot more do not show their loyalty to the best country in the world and switch logic I new this chinese covid was coming 40 years ago and I told my wife and friends over the years if you want il tell you about it regards rowly ward

Goodbye Sir

Hello Sir.

It seems as though HRH Charles Prince of Wales will also be known as Duke of Cornwall and Edinburgh until he becomes King and the Dukes title then passes to Prince Edward. Thats if Charles becomes King.

Wheel Nut:
Goodbye Sir

Hello Sir.

It seems as though HRH Charles Prince of Wales will also be known as Duke of Cornwall and Edinburgh until he becomes King and the Dukes title then passes to Prince Edward. Thats if Charles becomes King.

Just wondering if more money comes with antiquated titles that belong to another age . :unamused:

rward:
My.loyalty is to queen and country and did you all notice how our British forces carried out a fantastic job of prosition timing to detail why coz their british and proud and it’s a pity a lot more do not show their loyalty to the best country in the world and switch logic I new this chinese covid was coming 40 years ago and I told my wife and friends over the years if you want il tell you about it regards rowly ward

I’m also loyal to my country,.very much so in fact.
As I said I respect the Queen, it’s the hangers on and parasites in the same family I have little time for.

I’ve never served in the forces, and always regretted that, but I have utmost respect for them.
Their timing and performance comes natural with their professionalism…second to none.