E10 Petrol

E10 petrol will be available from September, Will be a Godsend if older cars can run on it as it will keep the ‘Green Tax’ brigade off your back due to reduced emissions. Have you checked the .Gov site to see if it’s compatible with your car? gov.uk/check-vehicle-e10-petrol

i don’t believe any of my fleet of old bangers will be able to run on that s h i t e fuel.

carryfast-yeti:
i don’t believe any of my fleet of old bangers will be able to run on that s h i t e fuel.

It really needs a dedicated ( which means totally modified ) fuel delivery system because it eats the wrong ( old type ) materials like hoses and pump seals which was proven to me by even the 5% stuff eating my lawn mower’s carburettor components and the strimmer’s plastic primer plunger.I was advised by the mower shop to use ‘special’ more stable old school alkylate petrol sold there at only £25 per gallon. :unamused:
The stuff also doesn’t contain as much energy as petrol so fuel consumption will increase and ideally needs forced induction to take advantage of its higher octane.At which point might as well make it 50/50 mix.But will the government then reduce the duty and VAT on it.Yeah right.
Oh and some say the stuff is toxic a lot more toxic than petrol.

I looked on the Briggs & Stratton site this morning regarding my petrol lawnmower, Bit confusing as one paragraph said E10 is acceptable in the mower engines but another piece on their website said… ethanol-blended fuels like E10 can lead to rust or corrosion within your engine if the fuel is not treated with a fuel stabilizer.
So we need a fuel stabiliser :question:

Bunch of pansies. Back in my dad we’d top the tank up with a keg of rum if we was running out of fuel. Fuel is fuel stick it in.
Heck i’ve known people to run a full tank of diesel in their petrol car. :grimacing:

It will rust any steel parts, tanks or pipes. Can damage some plastic and rubber. It’s hydroscopic. It has less BTUs than real petrol and needs to be over 5% cheaper to get the same bang for buck.
It forms a sugary residue when sitting, so small engines need to be run until the carby is empty. This also occurs in fuel injection, where it is not practical to drain the fuel.
We’ve had it for over 15 years, it’s still not popular.

Star down under.:
It will rust any steel parts, tanks or pipes. Can damage some plastic and rubber. It’s hydroscopic. It has less BTUs than real petrol and needs to be over 5% cheaper to get the same bang for buck.
It forms a sugary residue when sitting, so small engines need to be run until the carby is empty. This also occurs in fuel injection, where it is not practical to drain the fuel.
We’ve had it for over 15 years, it’s still not popular.

You’re right! a mate of mine sent me a picture of a Triumph Daytona motorcycle tank that had been using E10 & it was rusting from the inside out with bubbles on the paintwork :open_mouth:

I can see why the powers that be are keen to get E10 petrol out there though, The UK is going to be up before the EU courts again for breaking pollution limits over the last en years :open_mouth: ClientEarth lawyers are on the case again, The UK government has already lost twice against them.

Bristol has been told to implement a Class ‘D’ CAZ instead of a Class ‘C’ which charges petrol/diesel cars for entering the zone, They’ll all be Class ‘D’ to buy a ‘Get out of Jail’ card. transport-network.co.uk/EU- … cade/17182

lancpudn:
I can see why the powers that be are keen to get E10 petrol out there though, The UK is going to be up before the EU courts

Why would a supposed non EU member state be under the juristiction of the EU courts.Unless claims that Bozo is actually a pro EU stooge who delivered BRINO not Brexit are true.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:
I can see why the powers that be are keen to get E10 petrol out there though, The UK is going to be up before the EU courts

Why would a supposed non EU member state be under the juristiction of the EU courts.Unless claims that Bozo is actually a pro EU stooge who delivered BRINO not Brexit are true.

We still come under the EU’s Paris accord emission standards whether we’re a member of the EU or not and have to dance to their tune. It’s written into the UK’s environmental bill law.

The classic motorcycle racers are up in arms about this crap, some of their machines are worth millions and they wont risk this rotting ■■■■■ in the tanks

lancpudn:
We still come under the EU’s Paris accord emission standards whether we’re a member of the EU or not and have to dance to their tune. It’s written into the UK’s environmental bill law.

No government is bound by the actions of a previous government.It’s called democracy and it’s why we left the EU to get our ‘democracy’ back.
We now just need some brave politicians to stand against the Tory tossers on a ticket of calling the ‘Paris Accord’ out for what it is we must stop using fossil fuel so that China can burn it all.
Next it will be the food they want.We must stop eating meat and fish because it’s bad for our health and the environment.
These Commy quislings and their handlers think we’re stupid or more like scared of them and in many cases they are right.

Wheel Nut:
The classic motorcycle racers are up in arms about this crap, some of their machines are worth millions and they wont risk this rotting [zb] in the tanks

So 30 quid a gallon should be ok.A bit of octane booster for luck sorted.
Not so easy at less than 10 mpg on a normal income though. :frowning:
aspenfuels.com/knowledge/kno … te-petrol/

Wheel Nut:
The classic motorcycle racers are up in arms about this crap, some of their machines are worth millions and they wont risk this rotting [zb] in the tanks

This is the picture of the tank that had been using this E10 petrol he sent me :open_mouth:

lancpudn:

Wheel Nut:

This is the picture of the tank that had been using this E10 petrol he sent me :open_mouth:

The tank issue could be solved by lining it with a resistant fuel cell/bladder or maybe making it out of stainless steel.But we all know that type of corrosive won’t stop at that.It will need a corrosion resistant fuel system including lines pipe unions and carburettor components.
Then it will probably start eating engine components.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

No government is bound by the actions of a previous government.It’s called democracy and it’s why we left the EU to get our ‘democracy’ back.
We now just need some brave politicians to stand against the Tory tossers on a ticket of calling the ‘Paris Accord’ out for what it is we must stop using fossil fuel so that China can burn it all.
Next it will be the food they want.We must stop eating meat and fish because it’s bad for our health and the environment.
These Commy quislings and their handlers think we’re stupid or more like scared of them and in many cases they are right.

You need help. Unfortunately nobody here is qualified to provide the help you need.

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

You need help. Unfortunately nobody here is qualified to provide the help you need.

True Words at last

Wheel Nut:

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

True Words at last

Let’s get this right up in arms about the damage that the unfit for purpose zb is causing but supportive of the deal that the government has signed us up to that’s causing the problem.
Remind me where is the largest market for Australian coal and who owns Darwin harbour.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

The bigwigs at the EU want to move the goalposts even further than planned and bring in tougher limits as early as June this year :open_mouth: :astonished: :open_mouth:

“The European Commission will propose tougher CO2 standards for new cars in Europe in June as part of a package of policies aimed at delivering its goal to cut net EU greenhouse gas emissions at least 55 percent by 2030, from 1990 levels, and steer the bloc towards climate neutrality by 2050.
The current CO2 standards need a “significant strengthening,” and the EU must also bolster charging and refuelling infrastructure for zero-emission vehicles, the countries said.” europe.autonews.com/environment … ntries-say

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

The bigwigs at the EU want to move the goalposts even further than planned and bring in tougher limits as early as June this year :open_mouth: :astonished: :open_mouth:

“The European Commission will propose tougher CO2 standards for new cars in Europe in June as part of a package of policies aimed at delivering its goal to cut net EU greenhouse gas emissions at least 55 percent by 2030, from 1990 levels, and steer the bloc towards climate neutrality by 2050.
The current CO2 standards need a “significant strengthening,” and the EU must also bolster charging and refuelling infrastructure for zero-emission vehicles, the countries said.” europe.autonews.com/environment … ntries-say

They mean meeting the surrender terms within ‘UN’ agenda 30.
We all know this ain’t going to work unless they apply it retrospectively to all vehicles and their product support.
Meanwhile new fossil fuel reserves are coming online and fossil fuel production ramps up to supply our new masters.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

They mean meeting the surrender terms within ‘UN’ agenda 30.
We all know this ain’t going to work unless they apply it retrospectively to all vehicles and their product support.
Meanwhile new fossil fuel reserves are coming online and fossil fuel production ramps up to supply our new masters.

Yeah the oil will still be around but at what price to the motorist! Somehow I cant see the powers that be letting all the older cars continue driving about without a considerable financial penalty, As well as my MG ZS EV I have an old 2000 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur Hi-Line model which I’ve owned for over ten years , Beautiful car inside & out & and drives great… but it has emissions of 268g/km :open_mouth:

When the upcoming Euro Cat 7 emission standard starts they’re going to be banning new ICE vehicles with emissions of just 80g/km and I just cant see them giving older more polluting cars an easy time.

Aston Martin are going to transition over to BEV’s in 2025 and will be making an electric sports car at their Gaydon plant & they will also be making an electric SUV at their plant in St Athan Wales.
Mitsubishi have just announced that they are calling it a day selling ICE vehicles in Europe & the UK this Autumn, I doubt any manufacturer will make an ICE car after 2025.