Honda quitting ICE cars in Europe

Blimey! Honda have just announced they will stop selling conventional ICE cars in Europe/UK by 2022 :open_mouth: insideevs.com/news/458243/europ … cars-2022/

Nothing that stops alternative hydrogen fuelled ICE which would also fit the existing infrastructure better.

They are all on a profit band wagon of flogging a worthless electric toy for a proper ICE motor price.If not for a lot more like Tesla.It’s a big rip off dressed up as an eco crusade.

I doubt Honda will be the last to kiss goodbye to the EU due to being unable to get under the emission limits, JLR & Daimler are in a much worse position than Honda with both languishing at the bottom of the emission tables & looking at much larger fines, Honda is currently paying Tesla for carbon credits to the tune of €100+million. FCA/Stellantis have paid Tesla around €2billion in carbon credit payments alone :open_mouth:
Tesla is basically getting these Gigafactories built for nowt.
From what I’ve been reading the upcoming Euro Cat 7 with the EU demanding even tighter limits will effectively consign new ICE cars to history by 2025 if it goes through in it’s current form :open_mouth:

lancpudn:
I doubt Honda will be the last to kiss goodbye to the EU

It has everything to do with China staking its claim to the world’s fossil fuel reserves and the EUSSR being more than willing to comply in the form of ‘UN’ agenda 30 and EV manufacturers and energy providers all seeing a captive market to exploit for their rip off product.
In addition to an easier to tax and control of travel environment.

Next they’ll find a reason why we have to massively reduce our food consumption to feed China’s population.

While the government intends to keep us tied to the whole Communism appeasement scam as ever.

Carryfast:
Nothing that stops alternative hydrogen fuelled ICE which would also fit the existing infrastructure better.

They are all on a profit band wagon of flogging a worthless electric toy for a proper ICE motor price.If not for a lot more like Tesla.It’s a big rip off dressed up as an eco crusade.

Couldn’t agree more. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk