Funny things u thought were true when u were young but

… found out later wern’t…here is my weird one to start the post… does anyone else have any stories of their own?

JOB (centre) SHOPS.

The first ever time I ever went into my town centre as a very young lad to look around the shops, I ventured into a big high street job centre, I saw the many rows of cards in the window. I was convinced that I could simply drop inside the job centre and pay the advisors a certain amount of money to get the job i wanted. It took me a little while after going inside to realise that you had to actually apply for the job and attend an interview, and these jobs were not simply on sale for a certain amount of wonga. Durrrh…

A guy who worked for my dad told me if you put your finger in your belly button and twist it, all your arms and legs will fall off. For years I was terrified to try!

I think we’ve all fell for this one but my parents told me that driving with the interior light of the car on was illegal

When I was a kid my big sister told me that Michael Aspel (the tv presenter) was actually called Michael Asprin, but because he worked for the BBC and they weren’t allowed to advertise that they had to change his name! The amount of fights I got into school over that one :imp:

She also told me that the grain silos you see on farms were actually space rockets waiting to take off. I was forever urging my father to pull over as we passed one as I wanted to see the launch.

She’s still a ■■■■■ :smiley: :smiley:

On the bus with my mother, going into town, we used to pass a garage with a big sign.
The sign said " ALF DENTON–TAXIS AND SELF DRIVE CAR HIRE ".Can you guess what this little lad thought a " SELF DRIVE CAR " was ■■
I still have a smile to myself when I remember it, even though it must be all of 65 years ago :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Regards John.

the maoster:
When I was a kid my big sister told me that Michael Aspel (the tv presenter) was actually called Michael Asprin, but because he worked for the BBC and they weren’t allowed to advertise that they had to change his name! The amount of fights I got into school over that one :imp:

She also told me that the grain silos you see on farms were actually space rockets waiting to take off. I was forever urging my father to pull over as we passed one as I wanted to see the launch.

Is your sister on Facebook?
Karen??

Franglais:

the maoster:

Karen??

Well she is certifiably insane, she considers Brexit to be the Devils work, beleives every single thing the MSM state about Covid and thinks the Trump is the Devil incarnate. You should send her a request, you’d get on like a house on fire! :smiley:

the maoster:

Franglais:

the maoster:

Karen??

Well she is certifiably insane, she considers Brexit to be the Devils work, beleives every single thing the MSM state about Covid and thinks the Trump is the Devil incarnate. You should send her a request, you’d get on like a house on fire! :smiley:

Certifiably insane?
Just my type of woman. The sensible ones won’t give me the time of day.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: