Compliance of Covid Regulations

Why are some in the UK so adverse to following rules and regs? Other countries that have done so now have far lower rates and their economy is growing again.
People in other countries wear masks inside and outside and the infection rate has dropped dramatically (eg Italy) A lot of Asian countries also have controlled it so much better
than the UK.

People blame the government who have not done the best job but considering they have never had to deal with anything like this before it must be very difficult.
Again people say the rules are misleading and complicated but each region has it’s own and they are easy to follow if you take the time to look at them.
It’s mainly silly excuses for not following them but what everyone should realise it’s their responsibilty to keep themselves safe and also to keep others safe.
The sooner everyone does their bit the sooner this will be over and maybe get back to some sort of normality.

Of course we have the ones that think it’s all made up because they don’t know anyone who has had the virus and they are probably the biggest rule flouters of all.
Maybe they need to see an ICU when it is busy with people with the virus struggling to stay alive or someone who had the virus months ago and are still struggling on a
day to day basis.

jakethesnake:
Why are some in the UK so adverse to following rules and regs? Other countries that have done so now have far lower rates and their economy is growing again.
People in other countries wear masks inside and outside and the infection rate has dropped dramatically (eg Italy) A lot of Asian countries also have controlled it so much better
than the UK.

People blame the government who have not done the best job but considering they have never had to deal with anything like this before it must be very difficult.
Again people say the rules are misleading and complicated but each region has it’s own and they are easy to follow if you take the time to look at them.
It’s mainly silly excuses for not following them but what everyone should realise it’s their responsibilty to keep themselves safe and also to keep others safe.
The sooner everyone does their bit the sooner this will be over and maybe get back to some sort of normality.

Of course we have the ones that think it’s all made up because they don’t know anyone who has had the virus and they are probably the biggest rule flouters of all.
Maybe they need to see an ICU when it is busy with people with the virus struggling to stay alive or someone who had the virus months ago and are still struggling on a
day to day basis.

Whatever Jakey !!!
Now let’s get back to some bad driving Habits

Jake, what normality are you talking about? The virus isn’t going to go away even if we all pray for 40 days and 40 nights. Living with the virus is what we are looking at and that ain’t going to be normal by any stretch.

jakethesnake:
than the UK.

day to day basis.

+1 Only need to look at Italy from highest infection rate and deaths in Europe,sticking to the rules masks etc inside and out, its now with a low infection rate

jakethesnake:
than the UK.

day to day basis.

North Korea have not had a single case of Coronavirus throughout the whole pandemic! :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

jakethesnake:
than the UK.

day to day basis.

North Korea have not had a single case of Coronavirus throughout the whole pandemic! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well it wouldn’t dare, would it!

Noremac:
Jake, what normality are you talking about? The virus isn’t going to go away even if we all pray for 40 days and 40 nights. Living with the virus is what we are looking at and that ain’t going to be normal by any stretch.

Maybe not but all the people that break the rules are causing the spread needlessly. I was reading an article that was saying by next spring/summer there could well be a vaccine which may not totally prevent people from getting it but will certainly lower the death rate and people becoming seriously ill. There is also talk of medication to help those who are affected seriously. Already they know so much more about this virus and how to treat it.
Far too many selfish ignorant people around who just don’t give a s**t

jakethesnake:
Far too many switched on and intelligent people around who just don’t give a s**t about me, my opinions, whether I live or die, and in fact treat me like the joke I am

FTFY.

the maoster:

jakethesnake:
Far too many switched on and intelligent people around who just don’t give a s**t about me, my opinions, whether I live or die, and in fact treat me like the joke I am

FTFY.

+1…

Ignoring the trolls.

Exactly how does one ignore oneself?

jakethesnake:

Noremac:

Maybe not but all the people that break the rules are causing the spread needlessly. I was reading an article that was saying by next spring/summer there could well be a vaccine which may not totally prevent people from getting it but will certainly lower the death rate and people becoming seriously ill. There is also talk of medication to help those who are affected seriously. Already they know so much more about this virus and how to treat it.

You keep reading the news. What wars are going on now between countries? Bombs dropped etc? Troopsdead. Figures please??

the maoster:

jakethesnake:

FTFY.

Spot on analysis

jakethesnake:

Correct me if I’m wrong but in the entire human history there has never been a way to ‘treat’ a virus. You want me to believe a ‘treatment’ for this one is just around the corner? They’ll keep saying this (knowing it’s 100% untrue) until either the majority accept the ‘new normal’ or riot. 9/11, anyone? 20 years later they’re STARTING to consider maybe, maybe stop checking people’s shoes and MAYBE allow liquids on board. You’re so naive, my boy.

jakethesnake:

Noremac:

Way I see it is this, clean your hands,.wear your mask, and all the rest of it to try and give an element of protection to the vulnerable (they are the ones who should be taking it seriously) , but it is up to them to do their bit also to stay safe, not the full onus on everyone else.
The rest of us who just want to get on with our lives and not let all this crap change it rule it or ruin it, we should be allowed to do so…but as I said at the same time helping the vulnerable.
I always thought how the immune system worked, was you get something, if you’re lucky you get over it, and become immune, if you are one of those who is reasonably healthy and maybe die with it…well that is how life is, ie…grim and not a bed of Rose’s.

When I trip over bodies in the street, I’ll believe all these measures are totally necessary, until then I’ll just try and get on with it, and stop listening to the ‘Covid Obsessives’ (especially on this forum :unamused: who are seriously doing my ■■■■ head in if I’m honest) and try and lead as much of a normal life as I can. :bulb:

If that makes me ‘selfish, ignorant, and someone who doesn’t give a ■■■■’ Jakey, well so be it, you’re entitled to your opinion.

ETS:

jakethesnake:

Correct me if I’m wrong but in the entire human history there has never been a way to ‘treat’ a virus. You want me to believe a ‘treatment’ for this one is just around the corner? They’ll keep saying this (knowing it’s 100% untrue) until either the majority accept the ‘new normal’ or riot. 9/11, anyone? 20 years later they’re STARTING to consider maybe, maybe stop checking people’s shoes and MAYBE allow liquids on board. You’re so naive, my boy.

I will correct you. You are wrong. Now sorry to be biased but I will believe the word of scientists over a lorry driver everyday! :wink:

robroy:

jakethesnake:

Noremac:

Way I see it is this, clean your hands,.wear your mask, and all the rest of it to try and give an element of protection to the vulnerable (they are the ones who should be taking it seriously) , but it is up to them to do their bit also to stay safe, not the full onus on everyone else.
The rest of us who just want to get on with our lives and not let all this crap change it rule it or ruin it, we should be allowed to do so…but as I said at the same time helping the vulnerable.
I always thought how the immune system worked, was you get something, if you’re lucky you get over it, and become immune, if you are one of those who is reasonably healthy and maybe die with it…well that is how life is, ie…grim and not a bed of Rose’s.

When I trip over bodies in the street, I’ll believe all these measures are totally necessary, until then I’ll just try and get on with it, and stop listening to the ‘Covid Obsessives’ (especially on this forum :unamused: who are seriously doing my [zb] head in if I’m honest) and try and lead as much of a normal life as I can. :bulb:

If that makes me ‘selfish, ignorant, and someone who doesn’t give a [zb]’ Jakey, well so be it, you’re entitled to your opinion.

No, that’s fair enough. I respect your opinion and I can see exactly where you are coming from. Just a pity more do not think the same way regarding the regs.

jakethesnake:

ETS:

jakethesnake:

I will correct you. You are wrong. Now sorry to be biased but I will believe the word of scientists over a lorry driver everyday! :wink:

Ahhhh yes is that the scientist that has £600k of shares in the company making a vaccine?

Hmmmm pigs in trough come to mind. But you keep eating the bullcrap, and make the rich even richer.

msgyorkie:

jakethesnake:

ETS:

jakethesnake:

Ahhhh yes is that the scientist that has £600k of shares in the company making a vaccine?
Coronavirus UK: Chief scientific adviser has £600,000 of shares in vaccine maker GSK | Metro News
Hmmmm pigs in trough come to mind. But you keep eating the bullcrap, and make the rich even richer.

Nope sorry yorkie, it wasn’t him. I may have misguided you. It was actually a Professor who claimed what I said.

Look, can’t we just have a referendum ‘‘ask the people’’ a very simple question: covid measures - yes or no? It went so well last time…

msgyorkie:

jakethesnake:

ETS:

jakethesnake:

Coronavirus UK: Chief scientific adviser has £600,000 of shares in vaccine maker GSK | Metro News

Is it Valance with the money invested in a pharma company you mean?
Valance is not in a position to make contracts or give Gov funds to pharma companies I believe.
As an expert in medicines and pharma would you expect him to invest in a phsrma company or choose between Volvo or Scania to place his pension fund?
It’s a good thing to look at whether anyone has self interest, but not to get hung up on it.

Franglais:

msgyorkie:

Is it Valance with the money invested in a pharma company you mean?
Valance is not in a position to make contracts or give Gov funds to pharma companies I believe.
As an expert in medicines and pharma would you expect him to invest in a phsrma company or choose between Volvo or Scania to place his pension fund?
It’s a good thing to look at whether anyone has self interest, but not to get hung up on it.

Not when you are one of the advisors pushing project fear. Keep the scaremongering going, sell the population that you MUST have the vaccination to continue a normal life…KERCHING your £600k now becomes £6 million. Hell I might even invest myself going by the way you gullible fools keep defending the official guidlines