Interesting video

Yes, I am a remainer and I think Brexit was a huge mistake on so many levels, but I am also against what’s happening with immigration, wrong type of immigration to be precise, and the only way we can face the fact and start dealing with the issue if we, all EU countries deal with the problem as one, large block of countries of similar, same origin and culture.

On our own, divided, separated from each other, we will achieve nothing

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gxanUNQIOiU

this is how the majority of the uk will look in 2050 if not earlier.

take your pic from these options and sing along.

youtube.com/watch?v=9OAvQUD6O5s

youtube.com/watch?v=t0zX8fr0Gko

youtube.com/watch?v=gy7073IHfd8

So long as we have patriots here to defend us, we need have no fears.
Ain’t that right, Tommy?
Tommy?
Where are you Tommy?
HOLA! Cómo estás, Tommy?
Sorry mate, don’t you speak the language of your new adopted country?

Franglais:
So long as we have patriots here to defend us, we need have no fears.
Ain’t that right, Tommy?
Tommy?
Where are you Tommy?
HOLA! Cómo estás, Tommy?
Sorry mate, don’t you speak the language of your new adopted country?

Funny…the Remainer at the top appears to be the one with the issue about the ‘wrong sort’ of immigration…

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

At any stage along the long Brexit road of over four years we’ve already travelled along…

…The EU could have offered us enough of a concession that even people who voted Leave might consider allowing a 2nd vote.

I’m a reasonable person who can be bargained with. I could be talked out of supporting Leave IF the incentive were permanent, and “good enough”…

But no. Such an offer needed to be sooner rather than later, because the losses of “being in the halfway house doldrums” have already been profound these past four years.
The EU thought meanwhile that we’d change our minds back - with no inventive whatsoever?

If you want to convince 48% people that voted Remain that “You are entirely taken for granted” - then THIS is the way to go about it.
The prize offered to Remainers wasn’t “something better”, it was very much “more of the same”. The past 20 years with nobs on, or the past four years with accelerated hardships?
Doesn’t matter. People yearn for what life was like - even in the 1990’s recesssion, where we still had foreign holidays all, jobs that were good in that one didn’t lose them, even during a recession, and a government that at least didn’t faceplant the population any further beyond Black Wednesday 1992… The ensuing house market drop allowed people like me to get on the ladder at long last, but as the Conservatives had not deliberately made all this come about, I carried on voting for Ashdown’s Libdems, rather than supporting the “Change” Blair candidate, or voting for the Prince of Greyness’s outgoing Conservative Party…
Gordon Brown, to his credit - wouldn’t let Blair take us into the Euro, which would have shut the door on any future hopes of Brexit forever. That would have been the time for the EU to swing a larger engine into motion to stop the rot that surely began with Britain maintaining the backdoor hope that one day we’ll be leaving all this “subsidize some faraway land you’ll never go to” crap.

We’re presumably supposed to go back to the EU because they tell us it is good for us in ways we cannot possibibly understand (or believe…) or appealing to our sense of solidarity that we’d rather presumably see ourselves go short, get sicker, eat less well in THIS country to help our counterparts out in the other EU nations who’d definitely be worse off IF the UK insisted upon fully leaving the EU…

When you try and leave say, Sky or Virgin Media - they have a number option with something like “Press 5 if you’re thinking of leaving us”…
You click that, and they offer you a one year contract at 20% discount, which presumably is then enough to make you think twice about moving to that competitor outfit that was offering you everything you were getting now but for £15per month less…

I’ve also heard of some employers that when you hand in your notice, will offer to match the wage rise you’re about to leave them for at the new firm… - Providing you’ve got that offer of employment with the stated rate of pay in writing to prove to them what you’re intending leaving for, of course…

Is there anyone on here who thinks they’ll be losing their job as of January 1st 2021 because of Brexit completion rather than because of the ongoing effects of lockdown?

Unless your job is personaly bringing stuff to and from the continent right now - what jobs ARE there in road haulage where we simply cannot do without the EU?
…If anything, I can see places like France and the Netherlands in particular, breaking rank, to maintain cross-channel trade with the UK. The EU will try to dictate to these countries that they “cannot do that”, but in the end - what can they do to STOP say, Macron carving out a deal involving cross channel ferry traffic and Normandy-produced Electricity, for example?
Rotterdam - might have some interests to pursue with newly-independent Offshore Britain as well, of course, not to mention access via the English Channel, which we might one day consider bringing back a peacetime version of the “Dover Patrol” for.

Winseer, please don’t blame the EU for not asking us back.

Blaming it on the EU, the German car companies or remainers isn’t why this isn’t working out as you were told it would.

This is YOUR MESS, and every other leave voter.

You voted for it,own it and make it work, convince all us moaning remainers that we were wrong.

Darkside:

Blaming it on the EU, the German car companies or remainers isn’t why this isn’t working out as you were told it would.

You voted for it,own it and make it work, convince all us moaning remainers that we were wrong.

Is it consisdered a “Mess” if we vote for something, and NO MP in parliament actually has the balls to get it done to the voter’s satisfaction, too worried about what those who didn’t vote for them might think?

We get told the reason Nigel Farage wins in the EU parliament but not as a Westminster MP is because “he’s a divisive figure”.

Then we see the Tories win a majority only because Farage stood aside for Boris promising to “Get Brexit Done”, and here we are, heavy prices already paid, and continuing to being paid, EU contributions still being paid, Brexit still imcomplete as of yet - The only “mess” I’m seeing is Brexit STILL not completed, and therefor NO money stripped back from the EU being spent on us here

Sunak is borrowing money from China still. What happens next year if China says “Give us London in settlement of what you owe us - or we’ll forclose”…?

If it could be said “It is your mess, because you backed Farage’s plan without backing him for PM”… How could we Leavers be expected to vote for the Libdems or Labour promising us another five years of hung parliament dithering?

Maybe we should have had a 2nd referendum, where anyone not accepting the result - goes to jail this time. If you don’t vote at all, your vote will count as “status quo” which is Leave however.

That means if 51% of the entire electorate vote Remain this time around - they can have their damned cake, and eat it - not before though.

All the pressure to have a 2nd referendum was on the basis that the questions would be between a soft Brexit or Remain.
I suggest a 2nd referendum between a soft brexit (already under way) and a proper full-fat HARD Brexit where we cease obeying any EU laws as well as deny them a penny for anything not directly “in payment of goods and services”. The choice for the EU is “free trade with the UK or NO trade with the UK”. Cuts both ways.

If Remainers had waved through and actually backed the initial forms of Brexit being put to us over the past four years - we would not now be in the position where we’ve STILL had no Brexit, with ■■■■■■■■ Brexiteers like me now wanting a far harder version, to make up for the prices already paid inflicted upon us by Remainers, Liberal Remainers at that keeping Left against Right across our country.

We’ve yet to have a “Make Britain Great” candidate for PM, alas.

The Furlough scheme has allowed Employers to get rid of their undesirables, and paying their Leftie-Narrative-Supporting staff to go on these “Peaceful Protests” or foreign holidays as usual.
The Eat out to help out scheme - will see a lot of money outflow to foreign fast food franchises, whilst local small restauranteurs get told “Sorry bud, you can’t open up - too small to properly enforce social distancing”.
So much for helping out small businesses.

There’s been nowhere near enough hostility shown towards China, meanwhile - who’ll one day exact an even bigger price from the UK for refusing to stand up to them - whilst we could, at this time we’re making our own bid for freedom from the already-chinese-owned EU.

dieseldog999:
this is how the majority of the uk will look in 2050 if not earlier.

take your pic from these options and sing along.

youtube.com/watch?v=9OAvQUD6O5s

youtube.com/watch?v=t0zX8fr0Gko

youtube.com/watch?v=gy7073IHfd8

The only solution to this - is some actual PRO British government who makes people born here, living here, paying taxes here - supreme.
That’s hardly the same as “White” supremacy btw.

We just need to draw the dividing line in a different place to where it is at present.
Stop thinking about “Race” or “Country of Birth” or “Religion”.
I’m talking about “Do you pay in more than you take out”. That’s it.

White Non Dom? - You don’t make the cut.
White Van Man? - Not paying enough taxes, but ■■■■■■■■ is working on that.
White City? - Moved to Salfords already. Still got too much of a leftie bias at the BBC though.
White Supremacy? - Where was that EVER in this country? Even Oswald Mosely was a BLACK shirt in the end.

Darkside:

It isn’t working out as I thought it would?
Do tell…

Monkey241:

Darkside:

It isn’t working out as I thought it would?
Do tell…

I was replying to Winseer.

However if it working out how you thought it would, and you are happy with that, then there are no words to say.

I expressed no opinion, happy or sad.

Perhaps you need to work on not superimposing your false assumptions on others?
To be fair, it’s not unique to you-many other abject Remainers do exactly the same.

It’s that lack of empathy that led to such a poor display of persuasion by your side.

You did however say it’s ‘my mess’, hence you got a response.

What precisely is your definition of mess here?

Monkey241:
I expressed no opinion, happy or sad.

Perhaps you need to work on not superimposing your false assumptions on others?
To be fair, it’s not unique to you-many other abject Remainers do exactly the same.

It’s that lack of empathy that led to such a poor display of persuasion by your side.

I asked Remainer people as did other fellow Brexiteers "What do you get if we gave it all up tomorrow, and decided it should be in the ‘too hard’ box like ‘bringing back hanging’…? "

Everyone said words to the effect of “The status quo - isn’t perfect, but it is better than the sort of change you’d bring with this big question marked upheaval.”
Essentially a “Better the devil you know” argument.

That makes perfect sense IF you are happy with the level of taxes you pay, happy with your actual pay, have no debts, see a good return on your EU dividend portfolio, don’t mind spending expensive Euros on your overseas European holidays, and wonder if Brexit was only ever some kind of extremist pipe dream dragging power away from the center to the fringes.

The other 52%? - We’re the ones who voted Leave, because there were at least gaps in the above list of “reasons to remain”…

If I back one horse, and my mate backs a different horse, then if I end up with mine winning @ 40/1 beat his 2/1 favourite into second place - I don’t share his pain, as I’m counting my winnings already.
IF on the other hand, he lands his score on the nose bet @ 2/1, beating my 40/1 shot into a pipped at the post second? I’m still £30 ahead of him on our returns!! - I don’t care, he’s even buying the next round, 'cos he thinks he’s won £60 and made a profit of £40 whereas my tenner each way (same outlay) got me half as much again @ £90, leaving me £70 rather than £40 ahead - and I don’t even have to get the next round in!

I can afford to be happy for him, because I’m still better off despite finishing second to him!!

Now why can’t Remainers be happy at Brexiteers for winning the Referendum vote in the same way, and look for ways to capitalize on the fact the other side won, but that doesn’t mean you have to lose.

Whatever ^^ that said, went well under my radar. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know who this guy is , but he makes a lot of sense, in that if we completely left at the end of this year, this country would never rejoin the EU, as now we have the best conditions offered to any country in the EU, and if we wanted to rejoin in the future, no one would give us the same conditions and exemptions we enjoy now.
We will just , every year, keep drifting away into insignificance.
The pride , no matter how damaging, would not allow us to rejoin under worst terms and conditions than we enjoy now.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0tv9Uf24CHU