HUGE Breaking News Story - Big Drug Bust in Kent

Rochester - is visible out of my windows, so the co-ordinated action has been very smooth, from what little I’ve seen of it going on around mere here in Medway.
“County Lines” and “Illegal business going on in Laybys” aside,

… The police have had a damned good day today, by the looks of it.

I’ll just say “Nice Collar officer”… :smiling_imp:

This sort of thing is like ■■■■ to a law & order freak like me, of course. :blush:

Meanwhile, a mile away in Chatham…

Mickey Mouse ■■■■, Pills, OTC Drugs - and possible bootleg other stuff as well, very likely…

The BBC coverage states that it appears the bust came about because the actual chat network HACKED by our authorities…

The very thing that the security services of even America used to say “Couldn’t be done” not so long ago…
“EnchroChat”…

This story continues to snowball now… Perhaps this is what has been keeping our police busy behind the scenes these past few weeks, whilst we all thought they were out-and-about pushing dog walkers about…

Listed within this article - which police units were doing what around the entire country.
“Military Precision” Stuff - Impressive! :open_mouth:

They have been at this for 3 months rather than the all at once which some claim, but still sounds like they have been very busy.

Bet there were some organised crime bosses getting nervous unless they didn’t realise these were coordinated.

Easy target criminals. :unamused:
They should be out catching some motorists .

:laughing: :laughing:

Nice to see them doing some worthwhile policing…(dare I say for a change. :blush: )
Getting scumbags and low life off the streets.

robroy:

With the cost of the…

Encoded communications system way beyond the reach of the street urchins, it’s much more the middle to upper level crims they’ve rounded up.

Quote from BBC news ‘EncroChat sold encrypted phones with a guarantee of anonymity, with a range of special features to remove identifying information. The phones themselves cost roughly £900 (€1,000) each, with a subscription costing £1,350 (€1,500) for six months.’

Hopefully they can now prosecute the toe rag and compensate me for the moped I had nicked back in 1984.

£900 for a phone? Mugs. Just use Whatsapp! Fully encrypted and free to use.

Seems it was an international operation with France and Scotland involved as well.

robroy:
Nice to see them doing some worthwhile policing…(dare I say for a change. :blush: )

How many of them will actually go to jail and how long for? Didn’t they release a bunch of inmates over the last months due to covid concerns (to prevent outbreaks/spread)? In the crime business when one falls, ten rise to fight over his spot.

What I don’t get is this.
Theve succesully managed to infiltrate an app that’sused by 100s maybe 1000s of criminals.
And have made some big arrests.from it.
But why do the police have to advertise theve infilatrted it?
They should.of keep it quiet and Catch even.more criminals.
As now they know. there obvioulsy not going to use the app and find other ways to.communicate

Europol said that French police had discovered some of EncroChat’s servers were located in the country

Everyone knows if you want anonymous chat, you put your servers in the country down the road from France

Amateurs. :laughing:

alamcculloch:
Seems it was an international operation with France and Scotland involved as well.

I’m wondering by this point - if it is mere coincidence of the big bust in America today - the Maxwell case…

“Found and arrested in a middle-of-nowhere retreat only built a year ago, and purchased in the anon name of a convenience LLP”…

Where there are drugs, weapons, and international operations - there are also likely to be Pimps, Paedos, and Multiple Millionaires, after all…

Hyh:

Europol said that French police had discovered some of EncroChat’s servers were located in the country

Everyone knows if you want anonymous chat, you put your servers in the country down the road from France

Amateurs. :laughing:

The best way for anonymous chat - is to create your own system, rather than pay to use, and buy someone else’s system, who can ultimately one day be bought over, as I suspect has happened in this case…

Imagine if you purchased "Bloggs VPN Incryptor"tm system to hide your criminal activities, and the system was actually sold to you by undercover law enforcement, who then secretly listen in to ALL your messages…

If you’d done it yourself - you’d know that only YOU can hack into it.

Oh my, how little are the skill sets of the modern so-called “Sophisticated” criminal, who think that a big wad, a glock in their back pocket, and some fancy gizmos - solves all their problems, and keeps them safe from our new-coming conservative age… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

edd1974:
What I don’t get is this.
Theve succesully managed to infiltrate an app that’sused by 100s maybe 1000s of criminals.
And have made some big arrests.from it.
But why do the police have to advertise theve infilatrted it?
They should.of keep it quiet and Catch even.more criminals.
As now they know. there obvioulsy not going to use the app and find other ways to.communicate

If the police were on top of it from the very begining, they’ve bided their time until now - and struck. The device is now completely obsolete, of course - having been totally spent in this operation.
It’s done it’s job though. The next time around - the criminals are going to have to recruit actual software engineers to stay one jump ahead of law enforcement next time… Assuming the police don’t recruit the exact same “computer experts” beforehand, giving them a NEW front row seat to the NEXT round of criminal activities…

I think we can kiss goodbye to the so-called “County Lines” issue as well btw, since it seems to be actual drug barons and smugglers who’ve been busted here - NOT the street pedlars, and local lowlife gansta types…
Perhaps a sharp drop in local violent crime is now on the cards, along with a few less people turning up to these “Anti Police Demos”… :smiling_imp:

Surely there wouldn’t have been all those drug doses by the million and pallets full of cash money in a mere street lackey’s posession, one would have thought?

Good on the coppers, but they should have shot every one of the pricks.

Be interesting to see who can’t post on here for a while.
It’s obvious the site has been infiltrated by masterminds!

the maoster:

The people using the €900 phone thought it was an un-crackable encrypted system, as do wats-app, same as the Jerry’s thought enigma was unbreakable,… If someone says it can’t be done, somebody else will try to say it is possible.

The only thing in this world that’s neigh on impossible, Is Dozy being home on a Friday for steak dinner… :smiley:

Don’t some members here (mention no names) use these encryption systems when posting?
I certainly can’t understand a word they’re saying.

dbowye7890n3 &£%_ndgh nbsdo07^)nf£nI klegyi93%* jaffa cake layby :open_mouth:

dieseldog999:
dbowye7890n3 &£%_ndgh nbsdo07^)nf£nI klegyi93%* jaffa cake layby :open_mouth:

And dozy understood every word :wink:

biggriffin:

the maoster:

The people using the €900 phone thought it was an un-crackable encrypted system, as do wats-app, same as the Jerry’s thought enigma was unbreakable,… If someone says it can’t be done, somebody else will try to say it is possible.

The only thing in this world that’s neigh on impossible, Is Dozy being home on a Friday for steak dinner… :smiley:

ANY system can be cracked.
All you need is the orginal device to be reverse-engineered, Eg. an actual Enigma machine…
…A mathematician who’s also rather good at Pioneer Computing, such as Alan Turing,
…A team of people capable of thinking outside the box, with minds that can spot patterns others cannot.

This latter ability btw, happens to be something I can do, and hope to one day be able to monetize NOT through any dodgy activity, but instead by beating a system fair and square in a way that involves financial reward - Betting and Gaming.

To be able to beat any system in “one person” - the best method is to get hold of the original engineer who devised that system.

All this talk of ‘128-bit’ or ‘military-grade encryption’ - is all for naught if the original engineer of the system, builds a backdoor weakness into their own system.
A major plot-line for certain blockbuster films, there of course…

Part of the present-day Engineer’s agenda of “preventing AI from one day taking over” - is that any manufactured device should NEVER be built that shuts out future human involvement in the decisions they’ll be making of YOUR fate in the years to come.
“Power that once given, cannot be revoked” - is the most terrifying power of ALL. :open_mouth:

I predict that Left-leaning authorities like China in the years to come - will pressure Western politicians to somehow make things like “burner phones” illegal outright.

The best system that is truly the hardest to hack - is actually the system no one even knows exists.