Tea and biscuits with the Traffic Commissioner

Unfortunately I have received a brown envelope in the post inviting me for tea and biscuits with the TC , I am very worried about this and consequently consulted with a legal Barrister , the offences are driving without wearing a high visibility vest or jacket as stipulated in UK and European laws .
Potentially the TC can revoke my vocational license and apparently have witness statements from my work colleagues and members of public who noted my vehicle registration and time of the alleged offences .
What should I do , any advice from drivers who wear hi-vis while driving will be gratefully appreciated ?

■■■■ it up and take lots of lube.
You’re what makes the job so dangerous, and why the public sees us as reckless knuckle-dragging neanderthals who are a danger to every other road user.

Personally I hope they take your license away and burn it in front of you

Sometime I work airside, where you must wear high viz and done up at the front, I have a number of time been pulled up because my jerkin hasn’t been done up and everytime I get away with it.

Simples, because I also wear a hi-viz hoodie or t-shirt underneath.

Thanks The Snowman , I thought by not wearing a hi- vis would make me invincible
to UK and EU road traffic laws , but apparently NOT , by not wearing my hi-vis I inadvertently hit a low bridge and went over my duty and driving hours because my planner told me to do it , at the TC meeting , shall I wear cut off Jeans shorts and a Disney Mickey Mouse tee shirt at the tribunal , will this be acceptable ?
Or a one piece Mankini like Borat wore in his film ?
Also Bradford on Avon coffin dodgers noted my registration for driving over a 800 year bridge that is still standing even though five buses an hour cross it , while weighing over the 18 ton maximum gross weight limit ?

Stay off the drugs son…

Ken.

I was once sat inside the waiting room at a Stobart/Tesco RDC and I took off my high visibility vest , within minutes , a management bod told me that I must wear a hi~vis in the waiting room .

You need to start smoking tea bags the other stuff is not for you

You might just be able to get out of it by admitting the wrong doing and saying that you won’t be available to attend.Because you’ve signed an agreement to do 80 hours per week unpaid community work for the rest of your working life.Wearing the appropriate high viz during that time is also part of the agreement.

toby1234abc:
Unfortunately I have received a brown envelope in the post inviting me for tea and biscuits with the TC , I am very worried about this and consequently consulted with a legal Barrister , the offences are driving without wearing a high visibility vest or jacket as stipulated in UK and European laws .
Potentially the TC can revoke my vocational license and apparently have witness statements from my work colleagues and members of public who noted my vehicle registration and time of the alleged offences .
What should I do , any advice from drivers who wear hi-vis while driving will be gratefully appreciated ?

In future be sure to wear your hiviz whilst driving and please ensure it is filthy and with a big grease mark on the shoulder.

toby1234abc:

This message comes to you all the way from Tobyland. :grimacing:

When did having to wear HIVIS when driving, In the UK become law :question:

Lawrence Dunbar:

[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

-100 out of 10

Sent while in furlough

I never take my hi viz off. Just ignore the letter Tobes, they trying to take down a legend. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lawrence Dunbar:

Years…, and you must be sat upright with hands strictly at 10 to 2 to avoid more points, (but only if you’re an agency driver, and/or the type who does his ‘22min daily checks’ while wearing his hard hat and carrying a clipboard. :bulb: )

The TC have let me off for the offence of not setting the seat position to the Ronnie Corbett height while driving a DAF CF .

toby1234abc:
The TC have let me off for the offence of not setting the seat position to the Ronnie Corbett height while driving a DAF CF .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
so is this you??
youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2WGqPcxBw

toby1234abc:

That’s because they’re going to hit you with also not having the steering wheel set vertical ahead of you like a road roller to go with the seat on the floor.They were just lulling you into a false sense of security.

That was me Dieseldog , unfortunately on that day, I had to get back to the yard as my shed was on fire with years of anologue paper tacho charts and my tax records , of which were destroyed .
Ironically the tax man and Dvsa enforcement were due to meet me the next day .
Those dam kids , playing with matches .
All of this made me miss The Herald by two minutes while on the way to the siege on the balcony in London .
I’m sure I saw Carryfast go past while driving an A frame trailer with mechanical wind on , wind off braking systems .

You sound like a RoadLegend mate…