Confused over new covid rules

I have a high level of intelligence (been invited to join MENSA years ago) and yet I cannot figure out a part of the new Govt Covid rules

We can now go out in household groups and picnic on a park or sunbathe on a beach as long as we keep social distancing from other household groups = OK fine - we can talk to them

If we want to arrange to meet another in the same setting it can only be one on one keeping social distancing

ERR … is it me :question: :unamused: :angry: :confused:

ROG:
I have a high level of intelligence (been invited to join MENSA years ago) and yet I cannot figure out a part of the new Govt Covid rules

We can now go out in household groups and picnic on a park or sunbathe on a beach as long as we keep social distancing from other household groups = OK fine - we can talk to them

If we want to arrange to meet another in the same setting it can only be one on one keeping social distancing

ERR … is it me :question: :unamused: :angry: :confused:

With the new guidelines, you continue to practise the safety procedures of the last eight weeks and if carrying out any of the activities you mention as a household you must maintain social from other groups doing the same. If you wish to meet someone from outside your household then it is done one on one using the social distance rules, you know a bit like when you turn up somewhere to tip and the people who are working there are not from your household so you follow the social distance rules. At no point has anyone said you must go out so if are either unsure or uncomfortable with the new rules then just continue doing what you have been doing for the last eight weeks you know the individual making decisions for themselves instead of acting like 5 year olds and expecting to be lead by the hand
On the one hand the UK public say they wanted to be treated like adults then act thick as mince when a few tweaks are made to some guidelines that have been in place for the last eight weeks. Watched the Victora Derbyshire show this morning and the main subject was the return to school of primary children, it was interesting to see the difference shown by the two people being interviewed one a UK headteacher and the other a teacher from Denmark, one had a can do positive attitude of trying to solve the problem of children returning the other came out with excuse after excuse of why it couldn’t be done even blaming the weather at on point I’ll leave it to you to work out which one had the negative attitude but it’s not hard

So … lets see …

If on a beach we can do that in household groups as long as we maintain social distancing and talk to each other BUT if we ARRANGE to meet at the beach then it can only be 1 on 1 with social distancing

Did I get that right?

ROG:
So … lets see …

If on a beach we can do that in household groups as long as we maintain social distancing and talk to each other BUT if we ARRANGE to meet at the beach then it can only be 1 on 1 with social distancing

Did I get that right?

Yes go out as a family group meet up with people not from your family group then meet one on one, harder to keep social distancing if your family of four meet another family of four. As said if unsure then stick to the previous guidelines, common sense to be used or has that left the country now?
Any statement can be picked apart especially when within minutes of it being released the media were rushing to disparage it without thinking through what had been said or that people can continue to follow the old guidelines if unsure