So You Think It's Nearly All Over

Not a hope, lock down for another month at least, and at that we will be lucky it could be more, people are still dropping at the drop of a hat, still up in the hundreds not a chance of getting back to normal, love to know who is spreading it, or was it too late in doing anything about it, and maybe that’s the reason why it could be still spreading one for the history books, we may never know

Don’t really want to jump into another Covid thread but, in faurbess to me as an individual, it doesn’t matter who spread it, where it came from etc etc. All that matters is myself and my family are safe.

As for lockdown, I think Scotland and Wales have told us already and that is there will be very minor changes hardly worthy of its own address to the nation.

I think its always good to look at what everyone else is doing if you’re not sure what to do. Our leadership didn’t and surprise surprise we end up with the largest death toll in Europe. That needs answering rather than just saying “based on science” all the time.

No,we don’t think it’s nearly over.
Restrictions will be eased gradually.
My mate works in a factory that makes cloth for car interiors.
They have been called back to work on Monday.
This is a positive sign.

You have to wonder about some of the events that went ahead, but the fact is it was here already. Once London was well and truly infected it was curtains in terms of keeping it out. Can’t quite believe people were heading to Spain wearing masks on the flight etc. No doubt a few skiers were guilty of bringing it back from Italy too.

To put it in some prospective, in the parish’s surrounding the stockyard truckstop there have been a total of 17 deaths associated with COV-19. The figure has doubled since the last official figures where released in mid April when it was single figures

While people flout the law and ignore what the rest of the sensible people are doing by simply staying at home where possible, then we will be in a lockdown situation until the country is virtually bankrupt. Has anyone noticed the amount of cars on the roads lately? Not essential travel, people venturing out for no reason other than to just go out for the sake of it. The police are doing nothing as far as I can see to enforce the rules. I value my life and my family too much to act in a stupid way. We have not had a well enforced lock down in comparison to other countries, hence our horrendous death toll.

Noremac:
You have to wonder about some of the events that went ahead, but the fact is it was here already. Once London was well and truly infected it was curtains in terms of keeping it out. Can’t quite believe people were heading to Spain wearing masks on the flight etc. No doubt a few skiers were guilty of bringing it back from Italy too.

It was here before most even thought about restrictions, including those who say the government should have locked down earlier, just look at the date of the peak deaths and work the timeline back from average incubation times, to time between getting symptoms, then going to hospital and time in hospital for those who have died from this.

I would say that it more likely that the spread was far greater among those who fought in queues while panic buying when lock downs were mentioned than any of the events being blamed for it such as Cheltenham, so if this is the case it wouldn’t have mattered when you announced the lock down once the virus was out here.

It seems far more likely that much more of the transmission came from those returning from Italy than from China, they have detected this from virus mutations, some of which weren’t present in China, but were in Italy.

Scientists can’t agree on the most effective way of limiting the infection, a recent study from the UEA says that the lock down has not been as effective as other less restrictive methods, possibly even counter productive.

This virus isn’t going away soon, people being stuck at home living on a diet of fear mongering from the media is not sustainable. We need to look at our individual risk, firstly of catching it and then how severe the symptoms are likely to be. The research of the millions of cases and antibody tests, it seems for most of us this will either be unnoticeable or a mild illness, needing no more than a bit of time at home, for others it will prove fatal, however we have a pretty good idea who the risk groups are and for the rest of us at we already live with similar risks of mortality everyday without thinking about it.

No doubt social distancing will need to remain, especially indoors as will good hygiene practices, but I would suggest a lockdown is (and was) pointless for most of us and replacing it with Social Distancing and Hygiene practices and better efforts to protect the most vulnerable would be more effective in reducing the number of deaths.

Another load of ZB filling up pro drivers forum when it should be in Bully’s :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

blue estate:
Another load of ZB filling up pro drivers forum when it should be in Bully’s :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

It’s in Bully’s now. :smiley:

Expect a spike of cases in 1 to 2 weeks after the lack of social distancing once people had drank one too many in streets throughout the country during yeterdays VE day celebrations.

The problem with easing lockdown is that as soon as any measures, no matter how slight, come into effect there are so many stupid people in the country who will think its back to life as normal and act like its all over that we will end up right back where we started 2 months ago.
From what I could see, the lockdown worked right up until the sun came out and then everyone started ignoring it because the novelty wore off.
That being said however, to me the lockdown was a complete cluster ■■■■ from the start

UKtramp:
While people flout the law and ignore what the rest of the sensible people are doing by simply staying at home where possible, then we will be in a lockdown situation until the country is virtually bankrupt. Has anyone noticed the amount of cars on the roads lately? Not essential travel, people venturing out for no reason other than to just go out for the sake of it. The police are doing nothing as far as I can see to enforce the rules. I value my life and my family too much to act in a stupid way. We have not had a well enforced lock down in comparison to other countries, hence our horrendous death toll.

My understanding is the Government and their advisers thought getting people to stay home would lead to about 75% complacence, studies have shown it to been much higher, however if it has been poorly observed in Hull and the surrounding areas, I would suggest that is evidence that it isn’t as effective against the spread as others policies, as Hull has a very low rates of deaths compared with much of the country.

As for more people moving around now, not unexpected, companies, who didn’t need to stop trading under the regulations, have re-opened.

As for people venturing out, (well those not living in fear after swallowing a 24/7 diet of media hysteria) if somebody drives to a beauty spot and goes for a walk or has a picnic or sunbaths and still maintains an acceptable distance from others, what is the risk of them either catching or spreading the virus, especially as an increasing amount of academic research suggests the chances of transmission outdoors is negligible?

Also like so many other things that the media, those tyrannical social media posters and various power hungry Chief Constables insisted were part of the policy, it simply wasn’t true that you couldn’t drive out to the country.

15. Can I drive to a national park or other green space to walk?
We advise you to stay local and use open spaces near to your home where possible – do not travel unnecessarily.

You should avoid places where it may be hard to follow the guidelines. If you live in an area where it’s difficult to stay two metres apart when exercising, you can travel to a more open space to do so – but should only do this if absolutely necessary, and should not meet up with people from outside your household.

Spain and Italy have had a almost full lockdown for over a month, if this was so successful, why didn’t the amount of new cases drop to minimal amounts after 21 days, given that the average time for incubation is 7 to 14 days and then 5 to 7 days before somebody goes to hospital with severe symptoms and might then gets tested for the virus?

I can concur with UK Tramp about the traffic levels , I have seen more cars and what looks like a pointless trip , when you see the same cars driving around all day with no shopping bags , windows down , or if it’s a convertible , roof down , music blaring without a worry in the world .
And no police to enforce it .
I saw a sign in a flat that said. " Stay at home , you [zb] Wits . "
Boy racers and ton up boys hitting 100 mph on single track roads , overtaking like they are on the way to 999 call .
And the government allowed Cheltenham festival to go ahead , Stereophonics concerts and the Bath half marathon , all this berated by Piers Morgan on GMB along with thousands a day using the London underground .
Piers was reported to Offcom for aggressively questioning ministers who were talking from their scripts , of what they were told to say and hoodwinked the public with false statistics , but Piers saw through all that and kept his job .

muckles:
My understanding is the Government and their advisers thought getting people to stay home would lead to about 75% complacence, studies have shown it to been much higher, however if it has been poorly observed in Hull and the surrounding areas, I would suggest that is evidence that it isn’t as effective against the spread as others policies, as Hull has a very low rates of deaths compared with much of the country.

Some valid points that you make, we are lucky in Hull in that so far we have escaped better than most parts of the country. I do not know whether or not the lockdown is good or bad advice but it is the advice that I am following as the scientists know better than I do on virus transmission. We will see how coming out of lockdown fairs up.

There was a guy in Florida was eaten by a crocodile, he died of Corona Virus. We are not getting a balanced picture from the media. Lots of the deaths are from care homes where the residents are about to die any way.

i expect most of the Nation will be glued to the box tomorrow at 7pm,hoping for some good news :neutral_face:

carryfast-yeti:
i expect most of the Nation will be glued to the box tomorrow at 7pm,hoping for some good news :neutral_face:

“We’re in this together… we will defeat this virus… keep protecting our wonderful NHS… stay at home… save lives… we need everyone to continue what you’re doing to avoid a second wave… together we will beat this… I want to thank everyone for doing their bit, staying at home, saving lives, protecting the NHS.”

R420:

carryfast-yeti:

“We’re in this together… we will defeat this virus… keep protecting our wonderful NHS… stay at home… save lives… we need everyone to continue what you’re doing to avoid a second wave… together we will beat this… I want to thank everyone for doing their bit, staying at home, saving lives, protecting the NHS.”

at least it’s only on for 10 minutes tonight :laughing:

I can’t seen the cycling idea taking off in a big way. So, lets get this straight, the buses are going to be running in a presumably non-profitable way, therefore those that can’t get to the stop early enough will have to buy a bike and cycle to work. Nahh!

UKtramp:

muckles:

Some valid points that you make, we are lucky in Hull in that so far we have escaped better than most parts of the country. I do not know whether or not the lockdown is good or bad advice but it is the advice that I am following as the scientists know better than I do on virus transmission. We will see how coming out of lockdown fairs up.

The problem is, as always, the Scientists aren’t in agreement about which strategy should be followed or which model is the most accurate.
In fairness, this is a new virus and a never tested scenario for many countries, so as the weeks go on they have more data to work with and adjust their models, however the public and the media see this as uncertainty or even political interference instead of people learning and adapting to a unique situation.

Although it seems to me at the moment we’re following the strategy of the mob, led by the media and the self righteous social media posters, who form a virtual lynch mob against opponents of the official line, or at least their interpretation of that line, who needs Brown Shirts with these people patrolling the social media world.