Are you concerned/bothered about the corona virus?

Or should I say ‘The Chinese virus’… I’ve seen some warehouses started handing out questionnaires asking if in the last 14 days you’ve been to or have been in contact with someone who has been to the ‘one of the countries listed below’, do you have fever, your name, place of residence/work, contact number, etc. etc. and they’ll deny you entry to the site for the next 14 days should you answer ‘yes’ to one of the questions.

I personally think that the number 1 risk for me by far is still being involved in a road accident but now there’s this other thing looming. I mean we do share trucks, keys, waiting rooms etc. with drivers who come from who knows where, very little we can do to protect ourselves other than stop going to work. :confused:

Dettol wipes and hand gel! That and hope you don’t enter a city that’s about to be put on lockdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This morning.
Have you been out of the country,in the past 3 weeks
No! Why?
Because if you have you can’t load up, due to covid-19, sign here!!

Yeah okay, but what about that flip flop on bay 3, who came in on yesterday’s boat■■?

That’s different…

NO

When it gets to more than the number of people being killed each day on the roads then MAYBE

As for panic buying = I blame the media and the Govt for causing panic where no exists

If I am unfortunate enough to catch it, that’s a big IF, then I’m ok as I have 90 bog rolls at home [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

ROG:
NO

When it gets to more than the number of people being killed each day on the roads then MAYBE

As for panic buying = I blame the media and the Govt for causing panic where no exists

I’ll happily blame government for many things, but panic buying?
Difficult to put that at their door. If foolish and selfish people read ill informed media and act on that, rather than read NHS advice?

No

But I am concerned about the hysterical reaction. And the knock on effect that hysterical reaction may have on my job security, my holiday plans and my finances.

not in the slightest.
my only concern is wondering how irritated il get when reading media hype pish and listening to the retards that actually bother about it.

The one thing that concerns me is that the Chinese government get a thousand bed hospital constructed in a week, put cities into lockdown and arrest citizens if they don’t abide by the restrictions, what do our government do, yes they tell us how to wash our hands properly whilst singing happy birthday or God save the Queen.

dieseldog999:
my only concern is wondering how irritated il get when reading media hype pish and listening to the retards that actually bother about it.

I’m already at 11 on the 0-10 scale of raging at the halfwits. Saw something on Facebook where a local amusement arcade owner took one of those crane grabber games, filled it with toilet rolls and put it in front of his arcade. I know the guy and he likes to take the mick and did it for a joke but the sad part is people are actually playing it at 30p a time to win a bog roll.

The only concern I have is that yards choose to close down, rather than call me in to work - work which I am happy to do, because I don’t believe this seasonal bug - is any more than that… Just a bigged-up version of what normally goes around killing old folk during the first three months of the year EVERY year… I estimate the number of days I’ll be going sick this year - will be zippo, the same as it was last year. :unamused:

When there are reports of Mr Fit, Mrs Pilates, and the Gym-going 20-something kids - dropping like flies - THEN I’ll re-consider that I may have this all wrong… - Not before.

ETS:
Or should I say ‘The Chinese virus’… I’ve seen some warehouses started handing out questionnaires asking if in the last 14 days you’ve been to or have been in contact with someone who has been to the ‘one of the countries listed below’, do you have fever, your name, place of residence/work, contact number, etc. etc. and they’ll deny you entry to the site for the next 14 days should you answer ‘yes’ to one of the questions.

I personally think that the number 1 risk for me by far is still being involved in a road accident but now there’s this other thing looming. I mean we do share trucks, keys, waiting rooms etc. with drivers who come from who knows where, very little we can do to protect ourselves other than stop going to work. :confused:

What a useless questionaire, as it invites those keen to work to just plain lie about it, and since we’ve not been given any names of dead folk, - even UK dead folk - whatsoever - how do we know whom to avoid, which person we’re expected to deny having come into contact with etc, which super-infectors we suspect may be among our recently-travelled-with number?

There’s even been oriental folk phoning into radio talk shows like LBC to DENY that they have been put upon by “hostile members of the British Public” over looking a bit ■■■■■-ey… Likely to mean that the latest attempt by the far left to sow seeds of hatred and division where there aren’t any - has been nipped in the bud there. Does anyone on here know of any oriental chums of theirs - getting any stick, anywhere?

…It is likely we are being lied to about the true extent of casualties as well, since if Iran were THAT infectious - are we not inviting disaster with people coming in from Tehran - and not even being asked any awkward questions at the port of entry to the UK?

… You can say anything you want about Iran of course, as hardly anyone from here is going to go over there to fact-check these fake news pushers - are they?

I’m not really concerned for myself but I do worry for the elderly and the already sick. I’m sure we all know somebody that wouldn’t fair well if they contracted the virus.

maga:
I’m not really concerned for myself but I do worry for the elderly and the already sick. I’m sure we all know somebody that wouldn’t fair well if they contracted the virus.

Your worry is commendable I’m sure, but would you worry any less if they contracted flu, shingles or any other manner of ailment as you yourself have already mentioned the elderly and the already?

the maoster:

maga:

Your worry is commendable I’m sure, but would you worry any less if they contracted flu, shingles or any other manner of ailment as you yourself have already mentioned the elderly and the already?

It’s pointless comparing it to the flu or other known ailments as there are proven vaccines and treatments. A vaccine for this virus is 6 months away absolute minimum.

then you have the mortality rate of the flu being 0.1% and WHO have estimated the mortality rate of Covid-19 to be between 3% and 3.4% so if it does take a hold spreading, the NHS will struggle even more than it already is.

The death rate isn’t actually the scariest aspect of the virus really. The systemic risks to healthcare is the larger concern for most.

Like i said, i’m not worried for myself.

stuwozere1:
If I am unfortunate enough to catch it, that’s a big IF, then I’m ok as I have 90 bog rolls at home [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Get ‘em on eBay and name your price [emoji2]

maga:

Nice to hear someone that thinks of others instead of theirselves especially as this virus is completely different to the common flu etc and more deadly.
Its selfish people that will spread the virus. One group that panic and the other that say it’s a load of crap.

ROG:
NO

How can you blame the Govt? All they have said is don’t panic. As for the media if you gullible enough to read everything you read anywhere then who’s fault is that.
Read the NHS guide and you will get genuine info.

it shouldnt be long now before we get the m6 messiah telling us about inconsiderate lorry drivers on the m6 overtaking him whilst having their windows rolled down letting coronavirus greeblies explode all over lanes 1 and 2…or will it? :unamused:

Not for myself, I work outdoors or alone most of the time with little contact with others at work. But my wife’s mum is 87 and in poor health and my wife has had Lupus (auto immune disease) for the last 35 years so is also in an at-risk category. Carrying on virtually as normal for the forseeable but taking notice of advice (hand washing) and will decide what is appropriate. We have only bought our normal levels of everything. We are carefully considering the issue about visiting mum in law, possibly in the next few days and then keep away.

I would guess we could be seeing a relaxation of RDC waiting room rules before long.