Where's Boris?

So, what are the odds that one of his disgruntled ex-cabinet members has decided to 'have a word’s, and he’s finally ended up in the ditch as he so richly deserves?

I mean, when Australia burnt, its leader went on holiday, and got rightly kicked in the gonads, and told to get his arse back sharpish. This country floods, the dear leader is nowhere to be seen, and everybody goes “mehhh”.

I nearly died from laughing at the news about Priti Patel, she and Number 10 are upset that Fleet St is telling fibs…

Where do you think he is and what could he do…he is not King Canute

Politician fake sympathy is no sympathy [emoji57]

What possible…

Benefit would be achieved if the prime minister with all the security shenanigans that go with public walkabouts do? You might as well leave all the police and other services to get on with the job.

Any prime minister who visits scenes of destruction faces the damned if you do and damned if don’t you scenario.

Winston Churchill faced public anger from some people when he visited bomb sites in London.

Trying to run the country whilst his Ministers do the job that they are being paid to do and report back to him,the guy can`t be everywhere.

n

Johnson has visited flooded areas.
“The Derby Telegraph” and others have the story. Of course being in November, and running up to the Election, he had more time to spare maybe?

Worry not dear people, Johnson is busily ensuring his green credentials are even more headline grabbing than greeta and extension rebelsRus, soon we’ll all be paying through the nose for what we are about to receive.

Remember to wear your one and only organically sourced biodegradeable hair shirt.

:confused: Tbf who really cares? :unamused:
I think if my gaff had the furniture floating around the lounge, the last thing I’d want to see is a ■■■■ politician of any party rocking up on a pr excercise.
I’m fairly sure he’ll have more important and productive things to see to tbh.

Dinsdale:

yourhavingalarf:
What possible…

Benefit would be achieved if the prime minister with all the security shenanigans that go with public walkabouts do? You might as well leave all the police and other services to get on with the job.

Any prime minister who visits scenes of destruction faces the damned if you do and damned if don’t you scenario.

Winston Churchill faced public anger from some people when he visited bomb sites in London.

Winston Churchill said something to the tune of “we can take it” to a group of housewifes and nearly got mobbed when they pointed out “we’re taking it alright” but he did apologise after,can’t see Boris doing that as he’s born with his foot in his mouth he wouldn’t have much time for anything else.

Suprised the bugger didn’t get lynched there and then considering his assidous efforts in goading the Luftwaffe to attack in the first place,despite Germanys reluctance to oblige.Greatest living Englishman? Nah that would be John Lennon.Should have his boat on our currecy imho.

manalishi:

Dinsdale:

yourhavingalarf:
What possible…

Winston Churchill said something to the tune of “we can take it” to a group of housewifes and nearly got mobbed when they pointed out “we’re taking it alright” but he did apologise after,can’t see Boris doing that as he’s born with his foot in his mouth he wouldn’t have much time for anything else.

Suprised the bugger didn’t get lynched there and then considering his assidous efforts in goading the Luftwaffe to attack in the first place,despite Germanys reluctance to oblige.Greatest living Englishman? Nah that would be John Lennon.Should have his boat on our currecy imho.

Hmmm don’t think the Luftwaffe needed any goading, the air attacks were the first wave of Operation Sealion, to invade the UK, part of Hitler’s plan to occupy the whole of Europe, so not sure what you mean about reluctance.
I think Churchills stance was more defiance than goading.

robroy:

manalishi:

Dinsdale:

yourhavingalarf:
What possible…

Hmmm don’t think the Luftwaffe needed any goading, the air attacks were the first wave of Operation Sealion, to invade the UK, part of Hitler’s plan to occupy the whole of Europe, so not sure what you mean about reluctance.
I think Churchills stance was more defiance than goading.

I think if we leave aside the indoctrinated narratives we’ve been inculcated with over the years the real truth reads a lot differently in actuality.You familiar with WC,s role in the Lusitania project? As the first sea lord at the time he instigated the ram rules instead of cruiser rules of the sea,essentially making u boats unable to do anything other than engage on account of their need to break surface.Sail a cruise liner into u boat patrolled areas,Ireland,load it with illegal munitions destined for the non germans (despite German warnings to American newspapers,where the ship sailed from) the warnings promptly censored,the Lusitania is torpedoed,2k innocents die when Churchill recalls the ships armed ■■■■■■ ship HMS Juno.

The desired result stirs the American appetite for a war it had no need to engage in.Precisely the aim intended.Churchill was a war mongerer and his handler Bernard Baruch,billionaire financier bankster had him in his back pocket for the next extravaganza.WWll.

I love a conspiracy theory. :smiley:
Not sure if the leader of a small island with his back to the wall, at imminent risk of being invaded by a territorial hungry dictator, with a much better equipped modern army, could be described as a war monger. :neutral_face:

It was a better proposition having a guy like WC in charge at the time of said threat, than a weak proven appeaser like his predecessor Chamberlain in my opinion, who would have been very quickly replaced at no 10 with the likes of Heydrich, as he was in Czechoslovakia.

(Btw not doing a Carryfastesque Google op here :smiley: ,.I got an ‘O’ level in all this stuff at school.)

robroy:
Not sure if the leader of a small island with his back to the wall, at imminent risk of being invaded by a territorial hungry dictator, with a much better equipped modern army, could be described as a war monger. :neutral_face:

It was a better proposition having a guy like WC in charge at the time of said threat, than a weak proven appeaser like his predecessor Chamberlain in my opinion, who would have been very quickly replaced at no 10 with the likes of Heydrich, as he was in Czechoslovakia.

(Btw not doing a Carryfastesque Google op here :smiley: ,.I got an ‘O’ level in all this stuff at school.)

Same here grade c o-level indoctrination in history.Most of the official spiel is exactly that,hokum.You can get the real truth with some good digging.Even Peter Hitchens new book throws different lights on the accepted narratives.The real deal power players are the ancient bloodlines harking back to antiquity,the politicians merely the shop front to prevent mass unity of the deluded masses from receiving the truth.Amazing how bloodline corporations were providing finance and armaments to Germany ,not really,it had to look convincing,Germany needed to be built up to fail thus the great build up in tanks and troops,wth uncle joe waiting in the wings to deal the coup de grace to the inevitable German defeat.Objectives achieved The Hanover Dynasty thwarted,Palestine wrested from Turkey,millions dead,vast profits accrued for the bloodlines,Krupps,Du Ponts,Harrimans,Bushes (yep,them),Schiff,Warburgs,etc.

The victor writes history AJP Taylor et al,the true victors remain in the shadows.Check out the truth of the USS Liberty attack for more illuminating reading.

tttt.jpg

Regards John.

manalishi:

robroy:

Same here grade c o-level indoctrination in history.Most of the official spiel is exactly that,hokum.You can get the real truth with some good digging.Even Peter Hitchens new book throws different lights on the accepted narratives.The real deal power players are the ancient bloodlines harking back to antiquity,the politicians merely the shop front to prevent mass unity of the deluded masses from receiving the truth.Amazing how bloodline corporations were providing finance and armaments to Germany ,not really,it had to look convincing,Germany needed to be built up to fail thus the great build up in tanks and troops,wth uncle joe waiting in the wings to deal the coup de grace to the inevitable German defeat.Objectives achieved The Hanover Dynasty thwarted,Palestine wrested from Turkey,millions dead,vast profits accrued for the bloodlines,Krupps,Du Ponts,Harrimans,Bushes (yep,them),Schiff,Warburgs,etc.

The victor writes history AJP Taylor et al,the true victors remain in the shadows.Check out the truth of the USS Liberty attack for more illuminating reading.

Hokum? :smiley:, ok.
Every side in a war, and all those involved have their own biased version of events, I get that,… ‘‘One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter’’ as they say, and behind every event in history, there is a conspiracy theory.

I remember asking my Granda, an out and out Labour supporter and Trade Unionist since the 1920s, his opinion on Churchill when I was doing a project at school, and remember thinking afterwards that all the illusions created on my school syllabus were shattered, he had a very different take on Churchill. :smiley:
Now if I had asked a staunch Tory supporter of the same age, he would have more than likely given a much different version of events.

I suppose you have to work out in your mind what you believe,… but go with the official versions to pass the exam. :smiley:

Somewhere, in a cottage with an Austin Allegro parked outside and hunched over a transistor radio, carryfast is sitting up like a meerkat.

Youve done it now lads.

during the war.jpg

Yeah, but to get back to the point of this thread . . . Where’s Boris?

Or, if you’re reading this a week after the floods . . . Where was Boris?

manalishi:

robroy:

I’ll admit my History knowledge isn’t AJP Taylor standard, but your post reads like a lesson in hindsight.