Spear fishing

Anyone here had a bash at this.As a poor quality angler trying to obtain some food supplies I’m thinking of investing in a speargun but not too sure which would be the best for murkier uk sea water,rubber band,air powered,that type of thing?Theres some interesting stuff on yt but that seems geared to machismoish,so called sport which I’m not seeking tbh,just a few bass and cod for the freezer.The spearguns seem very varied in price and I guess if you’re accustomed to warmer climes then expensive is the way to go.Just looking below the 100 nicker price range.Any experiences and advice,most welcome.

you only posted that so that you could look at claudine auger without trying.

youtube.com/watch?v=bVRTX1QvQJg

why not get a drone,or a air powered bait launcher…makes it easy.

youtube.com/watch?v=8sdUZqOoAq4

youtube.com/watch?v=POA_QkcbNjE

dieseldog999:
you only posted that so that you could look at claudine auger without trying.

youtube.com/watch?v=bVRTX1QvQJg

why not get a drone,or a air powered bait launcher…makes it easy.

youtube.com/watch?v=8sdUZqOoAq4

youtube.com/watch?v=POA_QkcbNjE

Nice to see that one again fabulous.Think the gun was a beaucat,they have a strong base in these circles.The air powered varariants seem prone to malfunctions but I may be wrong and some of the Israeli models are darn pricey but probably superb.

Bloody ell sure puts my Rochdale canal gudgeon procuring expeditions in the shade. :slight_smile:

Fishing made easy for beginners and safer than a spear gun.
youtube.com/watch?v=D5meXUjqmw8

Carryfast:

Shocking,positively shocking.Pair of dickwads.

wheres your sense of adventure…■■?

youtube.com/watch?v=WwsZq7_LN9I

dieseldog999:

:laughing: now that I did enjoy.I’ve recently bought a Jack Hargreaves dvd from the garden centre,(Old Country),absolutely superb countryman doing some codling fishing from a boat,none of this overpriced fashion victim fishing gear,just well made kit from another era,pulling in the cod by the shed full,chastening really.

dieseldog999:

As Michael Caine would say you’re only supposed to blow the bleedin fish up not the boat. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Look on the bright side it obviously could have been worse firing a spear through an inflatable boat.While shark fishing using a spear gun and an inflatable boat is my idea of adventure. :smiling_imp:

manalishi:

Carryfast:

Shocking? Try 'electro-fishing.

Franglais:

manalishi:

Carryfast:

Shocking? Try 'electro-fishing.

Not quite the spirit of things old bean,leccy and water (solent) diminishing returns I fancy. :open_mouth:

We used to fish on exercise in Germany using det cord. Allegedly.

Ok ok ok, thats it I’m outa here,seeking spear fishing testimonials,I’m hitherto going to aquire me a neutron bomb and hopefully address my sub standard piscatorial deficits this coming spring. :neutral_face: