Greta Thungburgh

Might be me or are these people who worship her round the bend, I keep expecting her mother to jump out and tell her followers that she is not the messiah she is a very naughty girl now clear off

I am very pleased that you have raised the topic on this woman/girl or whatever she is , i can not stand her , tv news showing her not using aircraft but uses a sailing boat to cover her parade around the globe , i am not surprised if a hit man has named his price to finish her off for good and do us all a big favour .

grotty thunderbags is just a sick puppy media puppet for the tree hugging ,whale kissing save the planet vegetarian wastes of space.

when she tagged on as a passenger crossing the atlantic in a 3.7 million quid boat to save flying over and leaving a carbon footprint (laughable in itself), then they kinda forgot to mention the fact that the had to fly over four captain and crew members from europe to sail it back which somewhat defeats the effort in the first place x4 ?
best just to bow your head and wonder to oneself,is this how low human life has stooped to when a doolally kid thats deffo a bit short of lamp oil is given media attention let alone taken seriously ?

She’s been crisscrossing the USA on a daily basis for the past few months attending rallies promoting the “cause” that in itself isn’t environmentally friendly unless she’s walking all the way

Doesn’t bother me. She has an opinion like everyone else. I can choose to take notice of it or leave it.

Do find it funny though how theres people obsessed with ripping a child apart when it’s just as easy to not give it any attention of you so desire?

Doesn’t bother me. She has an opinion like everyone else. I can choose to take notice of it or leave it.

Do find it funny though how theres people obsessed with ripping a child apart when it’s just as easy to not give it any attention of you so desire?

news.sky.com/video/jeremy-clark … s-11879304

Reckon she’ll go,full blown Kurt cobain…

I blame the parents

The last time i seen her on tv she looked like she did not want to be there don’t forget she is only a pup or put another way a puppet for the mentality of so called do gooders

toonsy:

I feel sorry for her, I think she’s being used by the various pressure groups to stifle debate, by using a vulnerable girl to be the mouthpiece for their message, if she comes up against some interviewer or politician and they don’t go easy on her they’ll be accused of bullying her, instead of using the many adults who’ve spent their lives studying it and should have the information to argue their case.

Bigtruck3:
The last time i seen her on tv she looked like she did not want to be there

The last time I saw her on TV, she was looking at Trump…I dont blame her in the slightest if she didnt wish to be there…

muckles:

toonsy:

I feel sorry for her, I think she’s being used by the various pressure groups to stifle debate, by using a vulnerable girl to be the mouthpiece for their message, if she comes up against some interviewer or politician and they don’t go easy on her they’ll be accused of bullying her, instead of using the many adults who’ve spent their lives studying it and should have the information to argue their case.

If that is the case…

commonrail:

dieseldog999:
grotty thunderbags is just a sick puppy media puppet

toby1234abc:
this woman/girl or whatever she is , i can not stand her

…it`s a flawed strategy.

The trouble is in our “post truth” society, where the media is driven by image, any message is lost, to the masses, if it doesnt have a hook. To get news space "The Imminent End of the World" isnt as attention grabbing as “Reality Star On New Diet”!

I do agree that any young person in the public eye is subject to intense scrutiny, and can be at personal risk.
Itd probably be good to ban all media exposure of all persons under?...16yrs? Could it work? No photo ops for royal babies, no child actors, singers, choir-boys? Certainly worth considering Id say.

Franglais:

muckles:

toonsy:

If that is the case…

commonrail:

dieseldog999:
grotty thunderbags is just a sick puppy media puppet

toby1234abc:
this woman/girl or whatever she is , i can not stand her

…it`s a flawed strategy.

The trouble is in our “post truth” society, where the media is driven by image, any message is lost, to the masses, if it doesnt have a hook. To get news space "The Imminent End of the World" isnt as attention grabbing as “Reality Star On New Diet”!

I do agree that any young person in the public eye is subject to intense scrutiny, and can be at personal risk.
Itd probably be good to ban all media exposure of all persons under?...16yrs? Could it work? No photo ops for royal babies, no child actors, singers, choir-boys? Certainly worth considering Id say.

If something bad happens to her, and I hope it doesn’t, they’ll use that to promote their narrative and those on the opposing side will use it for them, I feel none of those using this girl has any real consideration for her, just promoting their position, she is just a disposable commodity.

As for other children in the media, yes they need protecting, we’ve seen plenty a child actor go off the rails because they can’t cope with what fame brings, but mostly they aren’t evolved in very divisive politics.

muckles:
If something bad happens to her, and I hope it doesn’t, they’ll use that to promote their narrative and those on the opposing side will use it for them, I feel none of those using this girl has any real consideration for her, just promoting their position, she is just a disposable commodity.

As for other children in the media, yes they need protecting, we’ve seen plenty a child actor go off the rails because they can’t cope with what fame brings, but mostly they aren’t evolved in very divisive politics.

Largely, I echo your sentiments.
Except (always an exception :smiley: !) it isnt, or shouldnt be, “divisive politics”: it is looking at the facts and understanding them.
Unfortunately…yeah…politics.

Franglais:

muckles:

Except (always an exception :smiley: !) it isnt, or shouldnt be, “divisive politics”: it is looking at the facts and understanding them.

Looking at the facts and selectively using them to promote your own agenda, one being livestock’s affect on greenhouse gas production, but conveniently forgetting to say that Rice paddies are one of the major man made causes of the production of methane gas at something like 20% .
Or telling us we should give up meat when all of the EU’s agriculture produces less than 1% of the Worlds greenhouse gasses, maybe what we should do is know where our meat comes from and maybe we should be looking at food miles, but then maybe certain groups don’t want to shout out to loudly about where their favourite foods come from, how its transported from there to the Supermarkets of the US and Europe and how much environmental damage is done by deforestation to increase production.

muckles:

Franglais:

muckles:

Looking at the facts and selectively using them to promote your own agenda, one being livestock’s affect on greenhouse gas production, but conveniently forgetting to say that Rice paddies are one of the major man made causes of the production of methane gas at something like 20% .
Or telling us we should give up meat when all of the EU’s agriculture produces less than 1% of the Worlds greenhouse gasses, maybe what we should do is know where our meat comes from and maybe we should be looking at food miles, but then maybe certain groups don’t want to shout out to loudly about where their favourite foods come from, how its transported from there to the Supermarkets of the US and Europe and how much environmental damage is done by deforestation to increase production.

You`re absolutely right that it is a complex issue, and the possible routes to any solutions are political.
But I was more referring to those who, for political reasons, carry on denying the existence of any problems.
Having said that, there is a fix: just halve the world population. Easy!

Franglais:

muckles:

Franglais:

muckles:

You`re absolutely right that it is a complex issue, and the possible routes to any solutions are political.
But I was more referring to those who, for political reasons, carry on denying the existence of any problems.
Having said that, there is a fix: just halve the world population. Easy!

Or just 2.2 billion might have the same effect :wink:

I’ve always switched my engine off when connecting up to a trailer but I might start leaving it running and tweet her a video of it. I bet the poor cow would have a seizure.

Still, she’ll discover ■■■■ and beer soon enough then she’ll forget all about the environment.