Stairlift question

Anybody have one or have an elderly relative who has one fitted if so who fitted it and were they a good firm to deal with ? Many thanks.

My advice buy new. A friend’s neighbour had a reconditioned one fitted and had constant issues with it needing fixing. It wasn’t cheap either. I guess it all depends on the make and company fitting them though.

if she needs one then get the occupational therapy to assess her and they will supply and fit free gratis and for nothing.
if you dont want to wait,and you buy one from ebay ,gumtree then there a doddle to fit assuming its the one that the runner rail just screws onto the stairs and not the rear wall,and any spark will just put an extra 1 fuse consumer unit…doddle.

theres plenty 2nd hand on ebay bidding now??
ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from … t&_sacat=0

Yes definately get Occupational Health dept to visit her and assess needs, after my late mother returned home from hospital after she fell down the stairs and broke her hip the council had no money for ramps/handles/fittings, the decent lady from OH made one phone call saying those magic words ‘at risk’, the crew turned up next day to start work.

as above.
as soon as they are told the magic “at risk” words,then if they fail to act on it and someone gets hurt even if you do in your back dragging her up the stairs or whatever then the council is wide open for to be sued bigtime.
if shes that bad,and gets assessed then you can wangle one of those transformer type electric chairs that sits her down and stands her up,a complete wheelchair access wet room so theres no risk of skidding in the bath,the stair lift,grab handles,walking aids ect.
just lay it on thick,say there has been previous injury and a few near misses,and the council wont leave themselves open to litigation.

I think OH have been notified but not sure about any free fitting as my mother in law is worth a few bob so if it’s means tested she’s no chance of having a freebie but thanks for the input so far .

well they are wildly expensive new and vastly overpriced,but you can take your pick 2nd hand by spending around a couple hundred quid and use shiply ect to deliver it.
a dozen screws into the stairs and half an hour for the spark to wire it.

My nan had one. Drove her up the wall.

My neighbour had one, I asked if I gave her a fiver she would let me have a go? I reckon she will take me up on it…

Bloody awful, not the stair lifts but the previous attempt at humour [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can cramp yer style a bit if you’re ‘‘entertaining a laydeee’’ :smiley:
youtu.be/k8-SasSNUJA

robroy:
youtu.be/k8-SasSNUJA

I know you post a photo of yourself now and then but I never expected to see a video !!! :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Regards John.

old 67:

robroy:
youtu.be/k8-SasSNUJA

I know you post a photo of yourself now and then but I never expected to see a video !!! :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Regards John.

Handsome ain’t I ? :sunglasses:
:laughing:

robroy:

old 67:

robroy:
youtu.be/k8-SasSNUJA

Regards John.

Handsome ain’t I ? :sunglasses:
:laughing:

You sure are Rob, but if that bird in the glasses is you usual standard of pull ?..I think you ought to forget about Holly mate, you’ve no chance !!!
:wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Regards John.