It’s all comming out now , we won’t
Just be eating chlorinated chicken , but
Rats hairs in paprika& maggots in
Orange juice when our foods standards
Are thrown in the bin by these brexit
Idiots
If you’re not bothered what you eat , have
A bloody thought for your kids , grandkids,
Bloody rat hair & maggots in your food .

? Have you been watching eastenders?

Doesn’t seem to have had any ill effects on you!

Shop bought salads are washed in chlorine and no-one complains.

Sent from my mobile.

the maoster:
Doesn’t seem to have had any ill effects on you!

Physically he may be able to type…
But what he chooses to type…

You’ve just fallen for the ■■■■ spouting from Corbyns gob.

If it was anybody else posting, I’d be surprised…

tachograph:
Shop bought salads are washed in chlorine and no-one complains.

Sent from my mobile.

Guess well be off to Bully`s soon, but…
Yes, chlorinated washed food is allowed and is common place.
The argument over US vs EU (current UK) standards uses “chlorinated chicken” as a kind of short-hand for many different arguments about food standards.

Personally Im fairly relaxed about chlorine washing. Im not so happy that US slaughter houses allow **** and muck everywhere, so long as the meat is washed afterwards. EU meat doesnt need washing because it isnt allowed to get mucky in the first place.

I am fairly relaxed about GMOs. I think a lot of EU and UK rules are over strict, but I think many others in the UK prefer to stick with strict rules and err on the side of caution.

I am very unhappy about intensive farming practices in the US, and the allowance of hormones and antibiotics under their rules.

dozy:
It’s all comming out now , we won’t
Just be eating chlorinated chicken , but
Rats hairs in paprika& maggots in
Orange juice when our foods standards
Are thrown in the bin by these brexit
Idiots
If you’re not bothered what you eat , have
A bloody thought for your kids , grandkids,
Bloody rat hair & maggots in your food .

You fell for that hook line and sinker read the whole article not just Corbyn’s version of events

And here is a link to FullFact.
fullfact.org/health/food-poisoning-US-UK/
Food Poisoning is maybe not a real issue.

Other food production rules and standards may be though.
fullfact.org/europe/usa-trade-food-standards/

Is it just me or somewhere out there is there a village wishing for the return of its idiot for his Friday steak unless mrs dozy got chicken

This is simply a lifestyle choice, but again scare mongering the sheep to slaughter is working well as always [emoji849]

There are two fairly easy ways around it all, alas if possible grow your own basic staples or…

Buy English fruit/veg from local producers and bin off the imported tat to the absolute minimum you may wish to indulge in…

Buy English meats direct from local suppliers, again cutting out the tat, and keeping our standards in house.

Example is, if I buy 4 chickens outta Tesco, to buy the same from a local butcher would equate to buying 5.

So about £5 more…

I know where I prefer to put my cash, and I know which my taste buds and conscious prefer [emoji106]

End of day a VAST amount of imported goods go into processed foods and ya commercials chains and their 24/7 culture.
Well if you don’t subscribe to the culture then your not part of the demand for it, thus it will dwindle, end of day if u need a big mac at 3am you need to be thinking about life/creation/evolution in a deeper manner…

But OFC McDonald’s being open at 3am is them caring for you, coz they say so via an advert [emoji849][emoji38]

GO home and make some porridge ffs, you’ll save £100, 20kg in fat and feel Alot happier doing so [emoji106]

YES population will increase demand, and demand is dictating more processes to generate yield BUT if we all look to our own habits first, collectively we can lesson the demand instead of believing the hype of OMG food shortages, which I’m sorry to say are simply down to man’s need for greed, again this all comes down to some wealthy player wanting a holiday and creating the hype to get us all buying more ■■■■.

Buy local, eat to the seasons givings, and step out of the consumer now now bubble and the whole lot will crash down pretty quick.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

it does not matter where your food comes from, its the food you choose to eat that matters, the food industry is no different to any other type of business, they all play the game until no one is looking then anything goes, the general public will follow each other into the supermarkets to either buy the cheapest or think they are better served in the more upmarket chains, all tosh, the way forward is to go back to the small producer that is dependant on his customers returning to stay in business more expensive yes but as the man said, what about the children

Yeah but…I won’t be buying any american chicken.
Or beef.
We can grow our own :bulb:

USA animal welfare standards are shocking compared to U.K. if we do end up with an uk/America deal that means we import their meat I won’t be buying it. I’ll go to a local butcher instead who buys from local farms.

Oh well, if Dozy supports remaining in the eu, then that settles it for me. :wink:

Yep. Buy local is good.
However, will all the meat products in your pizza, burgers, sausages, petfood, pies be local?
Will everyone buy local? Sure, if you ask someone in front of a camera on the high street theyll say they will. While they think of it, they will mean it too. But ethical purchasing is like a January 1st diet, it wont last long: the price tag in the supermarket counts more for most people.
How will UK meat producers fare in the long run?
Diversify? Seek new opportunities? Plant wheat in the Welsh mountains?
The UK climate is good for growing grass. Grass is good for animals. Why open it to cheaper unethical crap?

Franglais:
Yep. Buy local is good.
However, will all the meat products in your pizza, burgers, sausages, petfood, pies be local?
Will everyone buy local? Sure, if you ask someone in front of a camera on the high street theyll say they will. While they think of it, they will mean it too. But ethical purchasing is like a January 1st diet, it wont last long: the price tag in the supermarket counts more for most people.
How will UK meat producers fare in the long run?
Diversify? Seek new opportunities? Plant wheat in the Welsh mountains?
The UK climate is good for growing grass. Grass is good for animals. Why open it to cheaper unethical crap?

Apart from sausages all the items you mention can be made from scratch fairly simply in the average home kitchen, people’s impatience is the stumbling block and one of the biggest players in unhealthy eating. Only buy locally produced meat to be fair here in Ireland we are spoilt for high quality reasonably priced local meat

American produce operate under a defect
Level handbook , which sets out the maximum
Number of foreign bodies allowed in food
Produce
Ex 10 milligrams of rat or mouse excretia
I’m allowed in every 0.4 kg of coca beans .
It’s not scaremongering it’s fact , and you
Idiots want those standards in this
Country , and try to belittle anyone
Who spends the time to research these
Things
You think rat ■■■■ in chocolate is
Fine as long as you get brexit ,
And I’m apparently the thick one

As an aside, when was the last time anyone had a real sausage in a greasy spoon? Can’t stand them breaded tat “sausages” they serve because they’re cheap. Should introduce a minimum meat content for sausages to call them that.

As you were. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why would we all be eating American chocolate after brexit?

You can buy American chocolate here now anyway…
Stop talking bollox, even for you this is a new level.