The New Chancellor

nicholaswilson.com/sajid-javid-h … ax-evader/

Good for him

As long as he paid his UK TAX on his UK earnings as it appears he did who cares

I don’t see the problem, however he was paid he received bonuses net of tax, if the company cocked it up its down to them.

Nothing at all wrong with minimising the amount of money you pay to the tax man, if you pay more than you need to they only ■■■■ it up the wall via overpaid overexpensed politicians :bulb: or cash for third world dictators laughingly referred to as the foreign aid budget.

Juddian:
I don’t see the problem, however he was paid he received bonuses net of tax, if the company cocked it up its down to them.

Nothing at all wrong with minimising the amount of money you pay to the tax man, if you pay more than you need to they only ■■■■ it up the wall via overpaid overexpensed politicians :bulb: or cash for third world dictators laughingly referred to as the foreign aid budget.

Wrong.

It is a working man’s duty to pay all his taxes. This is how a country survives. Anyone not paying tax deserves all they get.

Bonuses paid via a Cayman Islands company with no income tax or National Insurance paid…yeah righty ho!

lolipop:

No, I think not.
UK residents should pay tax on all income wherever earned. It is country of residency, not country of employment that has rights to taxes due.

Franglais:

lolipop:

No, I think not.
UK residents should pay tax on all income wherever earned. It is country of residency, not country of employment that has rights to taxes due.

Not sure on that, there are plenty of people in Ireland who work in a different country to which they reside, I work in the Republic and pay income tax etc to Dublin but live in N.I. the UK does not then tax my income again when it is paid into a UK bank account. So in effect I pay no tax apart from rates in the country that I reside in.

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

lolipop:

No, I think not.

Not sure on that, there are plenty of people in Ireland who work in a different country to which they reside, I work in the Republic and pay income tax etc to Dublin but live in N.I. the UK does not then tax my income again when it is paid into a UK bank account. So in effect I pay no tax apart from rates in the country that I reside in.

That surprises me, if you are ‘resident’ in one country, but giving tax to another
But I’m no tax lawyer, so maybe I’m wrong here.

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

lolipop:

No, I think not.

That surprises me, if you are ‘resident’ in one country, but giving tax to another

My bank was legally obliged to inform HMRC that money was being paid in by a foreign company who then sent me a letter asking for my PPS number (Irish N.I. number) returned that and have heard no more, have been in this situation since 2012. My other half is a civil servant and there are several people who she works with who live in Donegal so it is a fairly widespread practice

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

lolipop:

No, I think not.

My bank was legally obliged to inform HMRC that money was being paid in by a foreign company who then sent me a letter asking for my PPS number (Irish N.I. number) returned that and have heard no more, have been in this situation since 2012. My other half is a civil servant and there are several people who she works with who live in Donegal so it is a fairly widespread practice

Fair comment.
I know that historically the UK and Eire have had some very close ties, long preceding entry into the Common Market, including voting rights etc, maybe this is another aspect of that? A special case?
There is a general case that income shouldn’t be ‘double taxed’ within the EU, if one country takes tax, another can’t.
If as a UK ‘resident’ I were to earn money elsewhere I understood that had to be declared, and probably taxed, but I am no expert.