Whirlpool tumble drier recalls!

For Once I’ve come out smelling of roses :smiley: I read the “Which” magazine site last week that certain models of tumble driers (lots of different tumble drier manufacturers come under the Whirlpool umbrella) were being recalled because of a fire danger, Ours was one of the recalled driers, A Creda I bought it ten years ago second hand for £30. I filled in the online form last week and today got an Email back from Whirlpool saying I could either get my old drier modified or get a free brand new replacement machine like for like or upgrade to a higher spec drier for £56 or £99 extra.

No brainer to get a free new one :smiley: It’s being delivered this Wednesday. which.co.uk/consumer-rights … fety-alert

yep, just filled a form online waiting for a reply. happy days and no fire … :slight_smile:

lancpudn:
For Once I’ve come out smelling of roses :smiley: I read the “Which” magazine site last week that certain models of tumble driers (lots of different tumble drier manufacturers come under the Whirlpool umbrella) were being recalled because of a fire danger, Ours was one of the recalled driers, A Creda I bought it ten years ago second hand for £30. I filled in the online form last week and today got an Email back from Whirlpool saying I could either get my old drier modified or get a free brand new replacement machine like for like or upgrade to a higher spec drier for £56 or £99 extra.

No brainer to get a free new one :smiley: It’s being delivered this Wednesday. which.co.uk/consumer-rights … fety-alert

And we all needed to know that (WHY) that’s been going on for a few years now
But you make it sound like you’re the first, I got it 3 years ago for the same thing same company,
And I bet you went for like for like, you made a big mistake if you did just to save a few pennies

nightline:

lancpudn:

But you make it sound like you’re the first, I got it 3 years ago for the same thing same company,
And I bet you went for like for like, you made a big mistake if you did just to save a few pennies

Well as I only heard about it per chance last week it is new to me. And as to (WHY)! it’s a kind of PSA to anyone else that hasn’t heard about the recall. Stop surmising about things you couldn’t possibly know anything about! You would have lost your bet.

lancpudn:

nightline:

lancpudn:

Well as I only heard about it per chance last week it is new to me. And as to (WHY)! it’s a kind of PSA to anyone else that hasn’t heard about the recall. Stop surmising about things you couldn’t possibly know anything about! You would have lost your bet.

If you had bought it new you would have known about it they would have written to you
Thats what happens when you buy second hand, you take that chance to just save a few pennies, like the way one goes for like for like