Famous "Old Boys" from your school

Did anybody go to the same school as someone who later became famous?

Here’s my three, a mixed bag.

Garry Bushell- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry_Bushell

Sir John Hayes- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Haye … politician

Colin Forman- loungtastic.com/Everlasting/aust … rame_b.htm

I went to the same school as Helen Sharman, she was the first woman to board the Mir space station.
The wife’s Grandmother missed an opportunity, she was Peter Stringfellows girlfriend at school :laughing:

DTM world champion, McClaren test driver and Formula E driver Gary Paffet was in my form at school. Nobody else of any notoriety went to my school

Danny Boyle — Movie Director
Jenny Ryan---- the vixen off The Chase
Badly Drawn Boy— pop singer apparently.

Carl Harris the motorcycle racer went to mine, but afterwards not before!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:

RIP Bomber

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

No one famous, mostly infamous as it was a reform school, if anyone remember those … :laughing:

julian cope of teardrop explodes fame was at same school as me… proper knob he was.

Nick Cook…England cricketer,and now an umpire.i remember him being a decent lad at school.

mat79:

Wheel Nut:

RIP Bomber

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I attended (sadly) Karl’s funeral at Howden. He was a good mate of mine. Like you say RIP.

m.a.n rules:
julian cope of teardrop explodes fame was at same school as me… proper knob he was.

Based on his Wikipedia page I suspect he might still be. Suspect he wrote this himself.

“Julian David Cope is an English musician, author, antiquarian, musicologist, poet and cultural commentator.”

You can now say you went to school with a cultural commentator.

m.a.n rules:

Really?
Bless my cotton socks.
:smiley:

Quite a few senior officers in the forces, the odd sportsman (rugby) and financiers.

The late Terence Lewin, former first sea lord and chief of the defence staff.
Sir Clive Loader, air chief marshall.
to name a couple

Juddian:
Quite a few senior officers in the forces, the odd sportsman (rugby) and financiers.

to name a couple

wot school did you go to … Eton ■■? :slight_smile:

raymundo:

Juddian:

to name a couple

I bet JUDD-ian is wondering whether to laugh or cry?

Franglais:

raymundo:

Juddian:

to name a couple

I bet JUDD-ian is wondering whether to laugh or cry?

Bonnet de douche my son, Bonnet de douche!!!

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: Well found that man.

Eton?, yeah like they’d have a working class background bod like me, even if my parents could have afforded the uniform let alone the fees, sadly not clever enough for a scholarship.

robroy:

m.a.n rules:

Really?
Bless my cotton socks.
:smiley:

(world) shut your mouth… :smiley:

Interesting researching this.
One current musician, 3 recent pro footballers and 2 cricketers. One each TV presenter (alive) and comedian (dead). Couple of MPs. Senior RAF officer.
Oh, and another MP, who was also a fraudster and cold war spy. No plaques on the wall to remember him when I was there.

Franglais:
Interesting researching this.
One current musician, 3 recent pro footballers and 2 cricketers. One each TV presenter (alive) and comedian (dead). Couple of MPs. Senior RAF officer.
Oh, and another MP, who was also a fraudster and cold war spy. No plaques on the wall to remember him when I was there.

yep, but we’re the successful one’s cause we are lorry drivers :unamused: :wink: :laughing: