Lee lacocca r.I.p

Not exactly a major car fan tbh but the Lew Rockwell website pays tribute to this guy who pioneered the Mustang among others.Interesting article on a fine website.

Crediting him with just the Mustang is a massive understatement.Like other big names within the big 3 Ford/GM/MOPAR he was nothing less than a legend,to anyone who grew up in a time when and among people to who bigger meant faster meant better and no PC bs holding them back.I really miss those days and that ethos of car making and use.It’s now more likely for lentil munching eco loons among the younger generations to prefer to ride a bicycle. :frowning:

amazon.co.uk/Ford-Total-Perf … 0760348588

While these are the type of cars which are his real legacy rather than just the Mustang.While ironically there never was a factory 427 Mustang.

youtube.com/watch?v=02AQvzu06Os

Yup hard to imagine Steve McQueen in a prius :wink:

manalishi:

Ironically I think Peter Yates short changed the audience and McQueen in not using a 427 Galaxie instead of the 390 Mustang for the chase. :smiling_imp: :wink:

Turn up the volume here as much as your ears can stand.The sound of the 60’s. :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=oOAxglnqoNw

Carryfast:

manalishi:

Ironically I think Peter Yates short changed the audience and McQueen in not using a 427 Galaxie instead of the 390 Mustang for the chase. :smiling_imp: :wink:

Turn up the volume here as much as your ears can stand.The sound of the 60’s. :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=oOAxglnqoNw

‘sacra bleu’ that’s some brutal pistonry right there,too savage for my highly tutored lugs tbh :laughing: No, not being a fan of violent ground-based aural assaults, i make an exception for the more refined acoustics of our beloved Spitfire,one of which did a nice low-level display last friday over the solent.Those Merlins never fail to hit the sonic sweet spot.Like a Beethoven symphony made real. :angry: