Only 28% of voters want no deal

dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … ve-EU.html

…but 43% want to stay.

3 years and the tears just dont stop rolling do they :laughing:

Loser

43% want to stay?

That’s still less than the 52% that voted to leave.

Isn’t it about time you accept it’s going to happen?

Give it a ■■■■ rest mate. :unamused: :unamused:

“Only 28% of people asked in Remain-voting areas like Gibraltar - want no deal.”

That figure is actually sharply higher than the 0% who wanted it in 2016. :wink: :wink:

I’ve not been asked ONCE since the referendum - to make my mark on any of these so-called “Opinion Polls”…

Perhaps the NEXT opinion survey should ask just those people who both voted Leave in the referendum, and then voted for a mainstream party since…?

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again:

There CAN be no Brexit without it being a “No Deal” one. Why? - Because there was never an acceptable deal on offer.

The referendum was to leave the EU yes or no. It wasn’t yes or no to May’s crappy deal, nor any pie-in-the-sky deal not even gotten yet by our lying barsteward politicians.

NO deal - should have been the EASIEST thing to do as well of course… “You don’t need anyone’s permission to walk away empty-handed”.

Unforunately, 85% of our Parliament are still trying to force Remaining upon us, aided by backroom unnaccountable civil servants at Whitehall and Local Government - who have their grubby mits on the ■■■■■ strings…

ALl the necessary legislation to leave with No Deal - has already been passed by Parliament. All it needs now - is a Brexiteer PM that we should have had three years ago - to implement the rest of Brexit, which is about 99.9% of it as yet un-done. :imp:

Even if Boris Johnson becomes PM now - he’ll have to cut out all the deadwood at Whitehall - or they’ll simply fold their arms and say “Not doing it Guv!” when he orders them to stop paying money to the EU in future… He could force them by suspending them pending a criminal investigation as to how they’ve fraudunlently claimed their senior civil service salaries - whilst deliberately NOT doing the job they’ve been ordered to do… Some of them - might even choose to go to jail to “resist Brexit”. Let them! The more Remainers from the corridors of power OUT of power - the easier it will be for any Brexiteer administration to re-gain the ground we’ve lost these past 3 years. Parliament - is supposed to work for US, the People of Britain - NOT the EU unseen powers, bribing aplenty to make sure they get their own way from our corrupt MPs on the whole… :angry:

Boris’ best bet - is to deliver a No Deal Brexit without parliamentary approval, with a general election already booked for the week after, say November 7th…
That would mean that Parliament has already gone into pre-election recess, and only the Cabinet will be running the show. A cabinet that could be 100% Brexiteer - IF Boris chooses this, should he now unexpectedly become PM after all.

mardybum:
43% want to stay?

That’s still less than the 52% that voted to leave.

Isn’t it about time you accept it’s going to happen?

Big +1

Give over this is TRUCK NET UK a Forum for truck topics, if I want to read about or hear about the Brexit leave or remain I can buy a rag from the paper shop or listen to the news.

So, I think it is clear, only 28% want no deal brexit, so whoever becomes prime minister, has no mandate to force no deal brexit on the people of this country…

Now, there is another significant news today:

Japan says next British prime minister must not lead UK out of EU without deal

Firms operating in UK likely to relocate in event of no-deal Brexit, says foreign minister

Japan’s foreign minister has pleaded with Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt not to lead the UK out of the EU without a deal when one of them becomes prime minister.

In an unusually blunt warning, Tarō Kōno suggested Japanese companies operating in the UK would relocate to other countries in Europe in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

“There are over 1,000 Japanese companies operating in the United Kingdom, so we are very concerned with this no-deal Brexit,” Kōno told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme on Thursday.

Both Johnson and Hunt have said they would be prepared to take the UK out of the EU without an agreement if they become prime minister. Kōno said he had asked both of them to avoid a no-deal Brexit.

Whenever we had a meeting that was one of the major issue~~, ‘please no no deal. No no-deal Brexit’,” he said. “Whatever they do is up to the UK government, but we just don’t want to have a negative impact on the foreign companies in the United Kingdom, including the Japanese.”~~
Kōno said he was particularly worried about the implications of a no-deal Brexit for Japanese carmakers in the UK.
Speaking as Theresa May is due to visit Japan for the G20 summit in Osaka on Friday and Saturday, he said: “There are a few Japanese auto manufacturers operating in the United Kingdom and some parts are coming from continental Europe, and right now they have very smooth operations.
“Their stock for each part is only for a few hours, but if there is [a] no-deal Brexit and if they have to go through actual custom inspection, physically, those operations may not be able to continue. And many companies are worried about [the] implications, because they don’t know what’s going to happen.
“Some companies have already start[ed] moving their operation to other place in Europe, so we do not want disrupt [the] economic relationship with the UK. So we have been asking the UK government [to] let the Japanese companies know what they can expect and [that] things should happen smoothly without any disruption.”
Kōno said he knew both the former and the current foreign secretaries very well and revealed he had a signed copy of Johnson’s book about Winston Churchill and was impressed with Hunt’s ability to speak Japanese.
But he urged them to take care of Japan’s companies operating in the UK when one of them becomes prime minister, warning Japanese investment was in jeopardy.
Asked about the prospect of a bilateral free-trade agreement with the UK, Kōno said any negotiations would have to wait until after the UK leaves the EU. “You have to leave the EU first to be able to negotiate, so it would take some time. There [is] going to be some kind of gap between when the UK leaves the EU and when we can ratify [a] new trade deal.”
theguardian.com/politics/20 … n-minister

hkloss1:
So, I think it is clear, only 28% want no deal brexit, so whoever becomes prime minister, has no mandate to force no deal brexit on the people of this country…

Firms operating in UK likely to relocate in event of no-deal Brexit, says foreign minister

Japan’s foreign minister has pleaded with Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt not to lead the UK out of the EU without a deal when one of them becomes prime minister.

In an unusually blunt warning, Tarō Kōno suggested Japanese companies operating in the UK would relocate to other countries in Europe in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

“There are over 1,000 Japanese companies operating in the United Kingdom, so we are very concerned with this no-deal Brexit,” Kōno told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme on Thursday.

Both Johnson and Hunt have said they would be prepared to take the UK out of the EU without an agreement if they become prime minister. Kōno said he had asked both of them to avoid a no-deal Brexit.

Whenever we had a meeting that was one of the major issue~~, ‘please no no deal. No no-deal Brexit’,” he said. “Whatever they do is up to the UK government, but we just don’t want to have a negative impact on the foreign companies in the United Kingdom, including the Japanese.”~~
Kōno said he was particularly worried about the implications of a no-deal Brexit for Japanese carmakers in the UK.
Speaking as Theresa May is due to visit Japan for the G20 summit in Osaka on Friday and Saturday, he said: “There are a few Japanese auto manufacturers operating in the United Kingdom and some parts are coming from continental Europe, and right now they have very smooth operations.
“Their stock for each part is only for a few hours, but if there is [a] no-deal Brexit and if they have to go through actual custom inspection, physically, those operations may not be able to continue. And many companies are worried about [the] implications, because they don’t know what’s going to happen.
“Some companies have already start[ed] moving their operation to other place in Europe, so we do not want disrupt [the] economic relationship with the UK. So we have been asking the UK government [to] let the Japanese companies know what they can expect and [that] things should happen smoothly without any disruption.”
Kōno said he knew both the former and the current foreign secretaries very well and revealed he had a signed copy of Johnson’s book about Winston Churchill and was impressed with Hunt’s ability to speak Japanese.
But he urged them to take care of Japan’s companies operating in the UK when one of them becomes prime minister, warning Japanese investment was in jeopardy.
Asked about the prospect of a bilateral free-trade agreement with the UK, Kōno said any negotiations would have to wait until after the UK leaves the EU. “You have to leave the EU first to be able to negotiate, so it would take some time. There [is] going to be some kind of gap between when the UK leaves the EU and when we can ratify [a] new trade deal.”
[/quote]
As a result of the EU’s free trade deal with Japan there is no reason for any Japanese firm to be based in Europe as they can now produce the product in Japan and ship it tariff free to Europe so over time you will probably see most Japanese firms consolidate their production in Japan where it will provide jobs for their own people, or are you happily overlooking this trade deal which will harm Europe more than Japan as Japanese companies sell more into Europe than Europe does into Japan

No one asked me and I’ve wanted no deal since the start, I’m sure there are many more like me who weren’t asked, so how can this “poll” be taken as anything other than the ■■■■■ it is.

hkloss1:
So, I think it is clear, only 28% want no deal brexit, so whoever becomes prime minister, has no mandate to force no deal brexit on the people of this country.

28% of how many? As winseer said, I’ve never been asked.

And I wouldn’t click the link to the toilet paper article you posted, but as previously stated, that trade deal will hurt Europe more than Japan by abolishing tariffs

hkloss1:
…but 43% want to stay.

and 57% want to leave, you lost, get over it

wing-nut:

hkloss1:
…but 43% want to stay.

and 57% want to leave, you lost, get over it

that just aint likely to happen …

According to the Daily Stun, it’s all BBC 2’s fault.

Apparently all Brexiteers watch reruns of Dads Army.

Remainer Desperation, methinks. Along with Brexit Boxes full of rations.

A much loved FIFTY year old wartime sitcom.

Still the Remainers can be like old Jonesy - running around shouting Don’t Panic.

My ballot paper didnt have Remain, Leave or “leave as long as we get a deal with the EU” on it. Mine had leave or remain.
What anyone wants now is irrelevant because they, you and me all made our choice at the time and as far as I remember there was no “but you can vote to change your mind later if we dont get a deal” option.

Now give it a rest and start dealing with it instead of crying

The-Snowman:
My ballot paper didnt have Remain, Leave or “leave as long as we get a deal with the EU” on it. Mine had leave or remain.
What anyone wants now is irrelevant because they, you and me all made our choice at the time and as far as I remember there was no “but you can vote to change your mind later if we dont get a deal” option.

Now give it a rest and start dealing with it instead of crying

but you did not no what you were voting for,apparently?

Ah the reality is getting nearer, there is no one or no person that can get this over the line
What will happen is the uk will become the whipping boys of the EU, why because they are going nowhere and getting nowhere plus they haven’t even the balls to follow through on what the people voted for
Down the Road they will do a lesser deal to be let stay in, that’s how it works someone has to pay for the turnmile they have cost the other countries
Good luck with holding you head proud anywhere you go in the world after looking like fools for the last 3 years ( shameful )

Binary question to a none binary answer, no wonder it’s a mess :open_mouth:

I also voted for a deal.

In which on our side leave obviously means the full return of sovereignty including an end to ECJ juristiction and the common fisheries policy and an end to our net contribution.With the imposition of discriminatory trade barriers which absolutely hammer German imports and then hammer them a bit more to the benefit of domestic industry.

Feel free to put your demands.

As for the legality,under international law,of the undeclared EU Federation and its stinking flag,we’ll leave that for another time.

Mazzer2:

hkloss1:

[/quote]
As a result of the EU’s free trade deal with Japan there is no reason for any Japanese firm to be based in Europe as they can now produce the product in Japan and ship it tariff free to Europe so over time you will probably see most Japanese firms consolidate their production in Japan where it will provide jobs for their own people, or are you happily overlooking this trade deal which will harm Europe more than Japan as Japanese companies sell more into Europe than Europe does into Japan
[/quote]
Oh look the Japanese joining the Germans in a propaganda war to subjugate the Brits.Who would have thought it.