Euro election results

Brexit party dominate

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48417228

Make of that what you will.

Nite Owl:
Brexit party dominate

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48417228

Make of that what you will.

Yeh but those who voted did not understand, nor knew what they were doing, just like the referendum… according to the bleating remoaners anyway. :unamused: :laughing:

I would say this message sent out proves that they actually did after all eh? :bulb:

Just sat here listening to some MP who thinks that because the next three parties (who all want to remain) got as many votes as the Brexit party, we should have another referendum. For ■■■■■ sake, is this really the state of our democracy?

Nite Owl:
Just sat here listening to some MP who thinks that because the next three parties (who all want to remain) got as many votes as the Brexit party, we should have another referendum. For [zb] sake, is this really the state of our democracy?

Indeed, democracy has completely broken down recently. Since the last general election there is a government who cannot govern to save their skins and a totally pointless opposition who have no clue what they oppose or even stand for.

Although the final count is not yet in already they are saying that various Remainers are ahead.

But with only a 37% turnout anyway, how can you draw any conclusion from a near 50/50 result when the majority of people (63%) didn’t bother with a pointless exercise?

If it were at least 60/40 I might listen but anything less is just splitting hairs in a pointless but expensive election that merely strokes the vanity of the useless politicians who have delivered absolutely nothing over the last 3 years but have been paid in full I bet.

Police budgets, car thefts, knife crime, scooter crime, healthcare, diesel theft, trailer thefts, no parking, crap facilities, RDC hellholes, crap wages are much too menial for the elitist politicians who instead of Brexit can only deliver Death by a thousand cuts.

Maybe unelected beuracrats could do better job! In fact if they are unelected beuracrats what is the point of an election anyway not to mention their P45’s coming in October.

Please don’t tell me they will be entitled to European salaries, redundancies, pensions or summat just like the whopper of a European pension Farage is on.

I wasn’t expecting such a common sense statement this morning, I agree.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

38% for hard Brexit (ukip+Brexit party)
37% for remain (green+libdem+change)
23% for soft Brexit (Tory+labour)

I don’t see a majority for anything we are as confused as ever. There’s no such thing as"the will of the people" that I can see

I agree with what’s being said, in fact I’d call the state of British politics now a national emergency. Having got Brexit, what chance has it got of succeeding if we don’t have a government leadership that want it to succeed? The 2016 referendum was not about deals, it was in or out. The mainstream pro-EU parties lied and are now rightly suffering for it.

democracy has died in my eyes. they can pass a law with only 1 extra person voting for it but brexit has been messed about with so they can stop it happening even though 4% difference but thats alot more than 1 person. if people had gone out and voted more then maybe brexit party might of had more as only 37% of the uk public voted

I think what is quite clear is if we have not left the EU by the end of October, then the November 5th fireworks on the Embankment will be completely eclipsed by the conflagration a few hundred yards upstream when the Palace of Westminster is blown up with all the MPs and Lords inside it.

People who can’t be bothered to vote also it must be assumed can’t be bothered about what happens, so they can safely be ignored, not counted as voicing the opinion of the bloody BBC remain propaganda machine.

That really is a brilliant result for Brexit Party, well done all.

One wonders what Chairman May will get up to on her two scheduled visits to the EU before she finally quits as leader of the tory party (note not as PM?), she’s proved herself capable of any act of betrayal so far, so watch this space for acts of desperation as her time runs out.

This has been an exciting time to be alive, for years those of us who take an interest have watched the surrender of our country to the EU, Germany by other means, by various traitorous weasels in all 3 main parties.
Election after election we’ve seen millions of people voting for the least worst of the three, via tribal hereditary unthinking and sometimes bought (what’s in it for me) votes, with the winning party being little different from the outgoing, barely a business minded head or decent patriot to be found in any cabinet, the last 3 years of musical chairs cabinet looking increasingly like a Brian Rix farce from the 70’s
Meanwhile British industry has been sabotaged over the course of the last 40 years, culminating in what looks like the final days of British Steel currently (and no thanks to the green experiment whilst we import steel smelted via subsidised coal from elsewhere :unamused: ), now say what you will, what other country would allow it’s own major industry like Steel making to be destroyed, it wouldn’t happen.
At last, the last 3 years have proved to anyone even slightly awake that our political system is dead, the two main parties showing utter contempt for their own voters (Cameron and May especially hate conservatives, and Labour simply detests the genuine working class people of the nation), ironically the Liberals and Greens proving themselves truthful in the fact they say they want to destroy what is left of democracy by reversing the vote to leave…Lab/Con worse than the libs in that they lie barefacedly about intending to leave as part of (now thoroughly discredited) manifestos.

The British electorate finally woke up and said NO, nothing will ever be the same in our politics from this day forward, the two main parties have proved beyond all doubt their utter contempt for the country and its people, but especially democracy.
The Tories are over, i fully expect to see Brexit party take a large proportion of seats and form the next govt, in coalition if they don’t win outright.
Electing Johnson or any other bod who until 5 minutes ago was a europhile and remainer, until they saw which way the wind was blowing and hurriedly became Janos, and i call them Janos because they lack principles and can easily turn about face again, will not save them, it’s over and good riddance.

Congratulations to the Brexit Party, from nothing to an outright win in 6 weeks is incredible, the writing is on the wall and there is nothing the shyster parties can do about it.
They can have years to ponder where they went wrong, they betrayed the British people, they lack that long established and inbred for generations sense of fair play ingrained through real Brits like writing in a stick of rock.
They took the British people for fools, assuming their bought and paid for propaganda machines, MSM led by the now laughing stock BBC, would continue as it has done for decades, to be the source of the pleb’s (us) voting instructions, what they failed to realise is that millions more people have seen through it and them, its over.

I’m sorry for UKIP, they never recovered from Farage standing down in 2016.

Juddian:
People who can’t be bothered to vote also it must be assumed can’t be bothered about what happens, so they can safely be ignored, not counted as voicing the opinion of the bloody BBC remain propaganda machine.

That really is a brilliant result for Brexit Party, well done all.

One wonders what Chairman May will get up to on her two scheduled visits to the EU before she finally quits as leader of the tory party (note not as PM?), she’s proved herself capable of any act of betrayal so far, so watch this space for acts of desperation as her time runs out.

This has been an exciting time to be alive, for years those of us who take an interest have watched the surrender of our country to the EU, Germany by other means, by various traitorous weasels in all 3 main parties.
Election after election we’ve seen millions of people voting for the least worst of the three, via tribal hereditary unthinking and sometimes bought (what’s in it for me) votes, with the winning party being little different from the outgoing, barely a business minded head or decent patriot to be found in any cabinet, the last 3 years of musical chairs cabinet looking increasingly like a Brian Rix farce from the 70’s
Meanwhile British industry has been sabotaged over the course of the last 40 years, culminating in what looks like the final days of British Steel currently (and no thanks to the green experiment whilst we import steel smelted via subsidised coal from elsewhere :unamused: ), now say what you will, what other country would allow it’s own major industry like Steel making to be destroyed, it wouldn’t happen.
At last, the last 3 years have proved to anyone even slightly awake that our political system is dead, the two main parties showing utter contempt for their own voters (Cameron and May especially hate conservatives, and Labour simply detests the genuine working class people of the nation), ironically the Liberals and Greens proving themselves truthful in the fact they say they want to destroy what is left of democracy by reversing the vote to leave…Lab/Con worse than the libs in that they lie barefacedly about intending to leave as part of (now thoroughly discredited) manifestos.

The British electorate finally woke up and said NO, nothing will ever be the same in our politics from this day forward, the two main parties have proved beyond all doubt their utter contempt for the country and its people, but especially democracy.
The Tories are over, i fully expect to see Brexit party take a large proportion of seats and form the next govt, in coalition if they don’t win outright.
Electing Johnson or any other bod who until 5 minutes ago was a europhile and remainer, until they saw which way the wind was blowing and hurriedly became Janos, and i call them Janos because they lack principles and can easily turn about face again, will not save them, it’s over and good riddance.

Congratulations to the Brexit Party, from nothing to an outright win in 6 weeks is incredible, the writing is on the wall and there is nothing the shyster parties can do about it.
They can have years to ponder where they went wrong, they betrayed the British people, they lack that long established and inbred for generations sense of fair play ingrained through real Brits like writing in a stick of rock.
They took the British people for fools, assuming their bought and paid for propaganda machines, MSM led by the now laughing stock BBC, would continue as it has done for decades, to be the source of the pleb’s (us) voting instructions, what they failed to realise is that millions more people have seen through it and them, its over.
Very well put and isnt that just the truth.
I’m sorry for UKIP, they never recovered from Farage standing down in 2016.

In my region 600,000 people voted for brexit party and UKIP combined, 540,000 for brexit party out of that.

But then 900,000 voted for Lib Dem, labour, cons, and green.

Yes brexit party had the most votes for a single party but then 900,000 voted for party’s who are remainers.

I don’t think there is anything decisive about that result at all. There wasn’t a single remain party like there was a single leave party so therefore it’s a pointless result and pointless argument from both sides and the only way to settle it once and for all is a second referendum with a clause in that says it has to be a 60/40 split for anything to change. Leave know they wouldn’t win with that much majority though.

Grandpa:
I agree with what’s being said, in fact I’d call the state of British politics now a national emergency. Having got Brexit, what chance has it got of succeeding if we don’t have a government leadership that want it to succeed? The 2016 referendum was not about deals, it was in or out. The mainstream pro-EU parties lied and are now rightly suffering for it.

Factually untrue.
The Leave campaign was full of how easy it would be to get a better deal, and about how easy those negotiations would be. Very few leavers spoke of a hard Brexit.
The voting slips presented a binary in/out choice, yes, but the campaign and the promises were much more than that.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Rowley010:
In my region 600,000 people voted for brexit party and UKIP combined, 540,000 for brexit party out of that.

Yes brexit party had the most votes for a single party but then 900,000 voted for party’s who are remainers.

I don’t think there is anything decisive about that result at all. There wasn’t a single remain party like there was a single leave party so therefore it’s a pointless result and pointless argument from both sides and the only way to settle it once and for all is a second referendum with a clause in that says it has to be a 60/40 split for anything to change. Leave know they wouldn’t win with that much majority though.

So would you be still calling for a 60% majority if that was what was required to get your wishes?.. I think not.

Rowley010:

So Labour and Tory are now officially Remain parties? All lies then when they stood on manifestos in 2017 honouring the result of the referendum?
I hope the rest of the country realises that now too, Farage won’t need a coalition in 2022, the Brexit Party is likely to form the next govt entirely from its own MP’s, and the Cons and Labs only have themselves to blame.

Juddian:

Rowley010:

So Labour and Tory are now officially Remain parties? All lies then when they stood on manifestos in 2017 honouring the result of the referendum?
I hope the rest of the country realises that now too, Farage won’t need a coalition in 2022, the Brexit Party is likely to form the next govt entirely from its own MP’s, and the Cons and Labs only have themselves to blame.

Before everyone gets carried away, please don’t forget the Brexit party have no policies or manifesto. They stood to get voted democratically into a parliament they said is full of non democratically voted members.

Could anyone seriously vote for Anne Widdecombe and Farage for government other than the privileged few?

Brexit party only took the same amount of votes as UKIP did last time round, and that is with the Tories and Labour in complete disarray.

I know the pro Brexit BBC have heralded it a major triumph for Farage, but 30 odd % of votes from 30 odd % turnout isn’t a triumph by any stretch of the imagination.

Juddian:

Rowley010:

No they aren’t but there wasn’t a single remain party like there was a single leave party which didn’t give remainers a definitive party to vote for so the result for such a major issue is pointless. The leaders of those parties however have been more remain then leave.

The fact is leave wouldn’t win anything if the rule was there had to be a 60/40 majority which for such a major issue it should be. If that had been the rule in the first place we wouldn’t be in this mess.

Darkside:

Juddian:

Rowley010:

Before everyone gets carried away, please don’t forget the Brexit party have no policies or manifesto. They stood to get voted democratically into a parliament they said is full of non democratically voted members.

Could anyone seriously vote for Anne Widdecombe and Farage for government other than the privileged few?

Brexit party only took the same amount of votes as UKIP did last time round, and that is with the Tories and Labour in complete disarray.

I know the pro Brexit BBC have heralded it a major triumph for Farage, but 30 odd % of votes from 30 odd % turnout isn’t a triumph by any stretch of the imagination.

This is was leavers are stupid.

They say one of the reasons they want out is because the EU is not democratic, yet they’ve just voted and won. Theyve disproved their own point there.

Rowley010:

Juddian:

Rowley010:

No they aren’t but there wasn’t a single remain party like there was a single leave party which didn’t give remainers a definitive party to vote for so the result for such a major issue is pointless. The leaders of those parties however have been more remain then leave.

I thought the Limps and Greens (plus the joke ChangeUK crew) were the official leave parties, indeed torylight remainer grandee Heseltine voted Lib , as apparently did Alistair Cambell, because they were the go to remain parties.
Still if labour and Cons want to declare themselves the party of remain, that’s fine too, we’ll just replace the bloody lot with about 400 Nigel Farage’s come 2022, choice is theirs, either deliver Brexit or get replaced in 3 year’s time.

As for the SNP and independence, irony not their strong suit is it, they want to split from the UK and become the property of the EU instead, you couldn’t make this crap up :laughing: