Heavy haulage today (200 tons)

Took charge of around 200 tons today, what an experience! Drove it for 8 miles. Ok, so it wasn’t a truck…it was this beauty…

This was a footplate experience on SVR. Deltic loco pulling six carriages. Not cheap (!) but thouroughly enjoyable - you don’t often get a chance to do stuff like this.

I bet a few people on here remember the Deltics…?

exit:
Took charge of around 200 tons today, what an experience! Drove it for 8 miles. Ok, so it wasn’t a truck…it was this beauty…

This was a footplate experience on SVR. Deltic loco pulling six carriages. Not cheap (!) but thouroughly enjoyable - you don’t often get a chance to do stuff like this.

I bet a few people on here remember the Deltics…?

Nice experience, still love the SVR not been for many many years though.

Nice Deltic but I think it’d have to be a steam loco for me.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

Of course they do steam experiences as well…hard work for sure compared to diesels!

It’s a great place, well worth visiting.

exit:
Of course they do steam experiences as well…hard work for sure compared to diesels!

It’s a great place, well worth visiting.

As is Great Central Railway, Loughborough. Did the steam thing there in a previous life.

View through the windscreen - this one’s a bit heavier, but I didn’t get to move it.

I remember the Deltic from my youth. Love the sound of them and they look the part too.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk